Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This UNC situation could get interesting.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,351

This UNC situation could get interesting.

Nov 18, 2015, 4:11 PM

Yes, for Pitt to get into the ACCCG over UNC, they have to win both their games while UNC loses both of theirs.

But UNC has only gone on the road twice all year. To win out, they must:

1) Go on the road against VT in Frank Beamer's last home game as a Hokie, after nearly 30 years. I believe it is the ONLY home game he has after his announcement. A win makes the Hokies bowl eligible.
2) Go on the road to play their arch rival, NCSU. If UNC loses to VT, the Wolfpack will know the game could be to keep them out of the ACCCG. If they bring as much fight to that game as they did against us, it could get interesting.

Meanwhile, Pitt plays:
1) At home against A Louisville team that hasn't been blowing anyone out (beat Wake by a point), is already bowl eligible with nothing else to focus on and a rivalry game against Kentucky the next week.
2) At home against a Miami team that has been all over the map this year.

Stranger things have happened, for sure...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: This UNC situation could get interesting.

Nov 18, 2015, 4:42 PM

Let's go, Panthers!

UNCheat deserves take-downs from VTech and State.

(All of the UNCheat fans in Charlotte and the writers in the Charlotte paper -- actually writers from the Raleigh N&O and UNCheat graduates -- are predicting a win over Clemson and an entrance into the CFP. They forget UNCheat hasn't beat a good team, yet. They're not likely to get into the CFP with their glowing loss to USuC, even if they win-out. I don't think they can beat Clemson unless the zebras chip-in.)

I honestly think UNC will get beat at va tech. Nc State is

Nov 18, 2015, 4:42 PM

Capable of beating them but it's all a matter of which nc state team shows up. I hope they win just because I'd love to kick their #### up and down BOA stadium but part of me wants to see the chokies pull one out and frank Beamer gets to go out with a bang. I dislike their fans and even some of their coaches but I've always liked Beamer.

There is a lot of football left to be played...

Nov 18, 2015, 4:43 PM

I am convinced that we will see very few undefeated and 1 loss teams when all is said and done. There are number of games where ranked teams play each other and then several road games against unranked teams like the ones you speak of.

My gut feeling is that UNC will split their last 2 regular season games. They will still get into the acccg, but will not have a shot at the playoff by any stretch if that is the case. I do think that there will be a lot of 2 loss teams at the end, but the discussion for the playoffs will be about which 1 loss teams get in.
The key for the Tigers is to keep winning....there's really no need to worry about eye tests, how high opponents are ranked, etc. I do think the one team that could take the 1 spot from us is Ohio St. if they win out impressively. But aside from that, we have the simple task of beating whoever is in front of us.

As much as I'd love for UNC to start to unravel

Nov 18, 2015, 5:37 PM

From a committee ranking standpoint, if UNC wins the next 2 games decisively, they will likely be a top 10 team heading into the ACC championship game. If we take care of business, that would give us our best shot to hold the #1 spot. Also if Fl State beats FL that would help water down Alabama's resume and if Ohio State either loses one or wins unconvincingly we should stay a lock at #1. Why is that important? I'd rather face whoever pops out Oklahoma or whoever at #4, for the first round.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC could lose both however I hope they win for Epic ACC

Nov 18, 2015, 5:40 PM

championship game (UNC will probably be in top 10 then) where TIGERS run them out of stadium!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well researched & stated. We want the beat up 1-loss UNC***

Nov 18, 2015, 5:47 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plus------Fedora to VaTech??

Nov 18, 2015, 5:50 PM

have been hearing and reading in various spots that unc HC Larry Fedora is a "strong candidate" to take over for Frank Beamer at the end of this season.................

Interesting rumors if thats all they are: Would the holes name Gene Chizik take Fedora's place? Is this an indication that someone in the Fedora camp thinks the NCAA may smack the entire unc athletic dept with some serious sanctions that would hamper recruiting for a while??....there are many angles if the wind is indeed blowing in that direction

(sorry if this news is germans)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,351
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic