Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This. Teams that dominate in the trenches win championships.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,578

This. Teams that dominate in the trenches win championships.

Feb 12, 2018, 4:53 PM

Period. I've been watching a lot of football over the decades, and this is always the constant.
The teams that win in the trenches, win games consistently. I know people like to talk and speculate, and pundits like to hype skill talent to get people to tune in to big games, but out of 129 FBS teams, it's always the ones with the best lines on both sides (really all three phases) that can go the distance. I was just reading the article about offensive production, stats, and adjusted yards per play. How well our linemen perform, blocking, depth, etc will be the key for a 15 game run. Our rival FSU has had elite talent pretty consistently over the years. But their offensive line was weak in spots the last two seasons, became a near train wreck, and fell apart last year because they had problems mainly at center, and guard. Someone was pointing out the Super Bowl which caught my attention, and how dominate the Eagles defensive line was last season. However, they only got past New England blockers to the quarterback only one time. That's impressive.

With Hearn and Crowder departing, and people often forget about backup Morris leaving, how do you think we'll perform? Jackson Carmen was a huge pickup sure, but I don't know as much about Vinson and DeHond. Think they will step it up this season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This. Teams that dominate in the trenches win championships.

Feb 12, 2018, 5:09 PM

I have those same concerns Jack! The talent should be in place in the offensive line but we will have to see how well they play together. Every year I look for the Tigers to bring in a top flight center and I can’t remember the last one we even signed.

Guillermo was a 4 star per ESPN.***

Feb 12, 2018, 5:43 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This. Teams that dominate in the trenches win championships.

Feb 12, 2018, 5:53 PM

I think we've recruited VERY well , and I trust that our returning OL is going to be good to very good . Our game against Alabama wasn't as bad as the pundits and media experts made it outto be . Two 3rd quarter INTs ended it . Not because of our offense's inadequacy so much as because of tjeir mistakes made .
One or two plays here or there , plain and simple .
Our OL is going to be solid again .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I hope so. I am no development expert, but

Feb 12, 2018, 7:47 PM

I just don't think we have recruited as well in those positions as some of the other big name programs.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,578
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic