Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Peter Navarro is an interesting guy ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

This Peter Navarro is an interesting guy ...

Apr 7, 2020, 10:29 AM

#1. Saw the coronavirus coming in January and wrote memo to Trump’s NSC.
#2. Now advocates the treatment with hydroxychloroquine.

My guess is he’s batting .500 with both the Dems and Pubs.
Dems believe he’s a truth teller in #1 and not #2.
Pubs just the opposite.

Maybe he is batting 1.000?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Trump saw it coming in Jan.

Apr 7, 2020, 10:33 AM

Fox was all over the story in late Jan and Trump watches Fox.

I just wish he read Tnet's P&R bored, he would have known I recommended shutting down travel from Europe and the rest of the world when he ended travel from China on Jan 31st. (1)

1. That's for you, ineligible. Keep counting until dems rewrite history and claim it was their idea first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Trump saw it coming in Jan then actions were weak sauce.

Apr 7, 2020, 1:10 PM

The travel ban to China was an ineffective tactic given the dynamics of world travel and international businesses. Not sure how this was not foreseen. Fox News can point to the date of the China travel ban but can’t make the outcome successful. It was largely symbolic - maybe political or part of trade negotiations.

Other impactful federal government tactics were woefully late. It is noteworthy that the NBA, NCAA, NHL, PGA etc. all shut things down before government guidance. Many major corporations also completely locked down travel in early March. February 2020 and most of March 2020, were lost time in terms of implementing meaningful “national” preparedness and mitigation tactics. Both the human and economic toll will be magnified by the delay.

In the last couple of weeks, the administration’s seems to be on the right track, with a few stumbles that are inevitable given the inherent nature of emergency response. A good deal of the most recent criticism seems nit-picking.

Regarding recovery, expansive testing is supposedly a critical component for a number of reasons. Testing and medical treatment including vaccines require continued emphasis. Hydroxychlorquine needs to be an option with doctor and patient consensus. Additional evaluation can go on simultaneously.

Regardless of the past, the next 4-8 weeks are very critical in achieving a “sustainable” recovery. I’m hopeful Trump’s team and the American people get it right. Many economists and financial institutions are emphasizing that a double hit would be economically devastating.

Let’s win now and come fall, watch football and argue politics.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had the same criticism for Trump as you've expressed.

Apr 7, 2020, 1:18 PM

I believe his mistake was letting the bureaucrats toss him around like a rag doll. Far as I can tell it's still happening. We got so far behind on mask and HCQ that Americans will suffer one way or the other.

We won't have medicine to cure the virus and we can't resist it without everyone wearing a mask to protect one another. If we had adequate supplies of both we could be working again in next month. Without them, who knows?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I feel like i'm taking crazy pills, where are dems against

Apr 7, 2020, 10:36 AM

hydroxychloroquine? My understanding is that we simply need to confirm that they work before advocating them as a "cure"?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

please show me where anyone said it was a CURE

Apr 7, 2020, 10:44 AM

besides some dude on a blog. I mean a real person.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: please show me where anyone said it was a CURE

Apr 7, 2020, 10:49 AM

ok, bad verbiage on my part. I'm saying I don't see where people are against the drug, just against promoting it when it's not been confirmed to work yet.

The initial results look good but that's not definitive.

So you want it to be used, but you just don't

Apr 7, 2020, 10:52 AM

want (whispers) anyone to say anything about it!!!

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic