Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This MSNBC article might take the cake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

This MSNBC article might take the cake

Aug 13, 2020, 7:41 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/think/amp/ncna1236562

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another "How DARE Trump have an opinion on anything!"

Aug 13, 2020, 7:48 AM

garbage piece. Every article is either "Trump puts his nose where it doesn't belong" or "Trump remains silent when leadership is needed".

And to correct you , this is from NBC news. not MSNBC news..difference being that the article did not accuse Trump of pulling a firearm and holding it on the coaches and players.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Another "How DARE Trump have an opinion on anything!"

Aug 13, 2020, 11:04 AM

Our journalism schools no longer produce journalists, they produce "hacks". His bias and agenda are exposed for everyone to see. These "unpaid" players are forced to play against their will. I would suggest he has an opportunity to follow up on his story by talking with the players at schools who will not be playing football this fall and get their opinions. Furthermore, I would suggest he contact all Power 5 schools and obtain the value of their full four or five year scholarship. This would include the value of all perks plus their cost of attendance stipend.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 11:42 AM

Well it is an Opinion piece, aka Editorial, not a news story. Same as when talking heads Hannity, Maddow, OReilly, O'Donnell, Carlson, Lemon, Limbaugh, etc talk.

So bias is at the heart of an opinion.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Another "How DARE Trump have an opinion on anything!" ]

Those fools will never understand. Football I’m this part of the country means way more that what they think it does. The impact that it has in communities across the south and the plains cannot be measure by some bs agenda.....or claim of health. It’s time for the test of the nation to grow a pair. Life has to go on. It’ll work out the way it’s supposed to in the end.

This is some good stuff right here:

Aug 13, 2020, 7:51 AM

“ But three of the conferences are still planning on having their unpaid college students play a violent collision-based sport amidst the greatest public health crisis in 100 years of American history. Why, you ask? As usual: Politics, and of course President Donald Trump .... “

Thanks for the share - and yet another reminder as to why the MSM hack jobs are dead to me. Well, with the exception of the occasional checking of a link as in your post. But I couldn’t read past the statement above. . . sigh.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Getting real tired of athletes being referred to as “unpaid”.***

Aug 13, 2020, 7:58 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When words like ISOLATIONISTS & MINIONS are used..

Aug 13, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to This is some good stuff right here: ]

you see bias immediately..and he’s with a New York magazine.

Who’d have thunk.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

play a violent collision-based sport

Aug 13, 2020, 4:05 PM [ in reply to This is some good stuff right here: ]

after the politics of course, the next milestone of the libtard agenda is to ban football.

After all, we are just "taking advantage" of these students ( never mind most of these students benefit from football) Also, screw the band, cheerleaders, women's sports etc that depend on it.

The killing of the culture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSNBC is still a thing?

Aug 13, 2020, 8:09 AM

who knew

Certainly it exists.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:46 AM

It's where the host giddily hopes for Americans to suffer a devastating recession just to hurt the President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DJiTyV3DWw

Re: This MSNBC article might take the cake

Aug 13, 2020, 8:28 AM

Well if the media is going to tell us, with a straight face, for three years that thr POTUS is a Russian spy, with no evidence whatsoever, its not really a stretch for them to pretend the only reason we may have college football is because Trump demanded it happen because he wants everyone to die. The concept that literally every player and coach who participates is doing so because of their own free will and an unwillingness to hide under their bed despite constant bleating from the media that leaving your House will kill you, never even crosses NBCs mind. Its all "Trump bad". Guess they get credit for knowing their brain dead audience though.

I read that absurd piece and the author accuses Trump of

Aug 13, 2020, 9:17 AM

politicising everything, now that's some rich hypocrisy right there!!!

Meanwhile, if Obama were in his position pushing for a season

Aug 13, 2020, 9:22 AM

we would be hearing about how Obama is so astute to realize that America needs its pastimes and a return to normalcy. He would also be applauded for understanding the plight of many young minorities who play football, many of whom come from underprivileged single-parent homes, and that his push for a season is providing these young men more protection from COVID-19 than they would otherwise have, while allowing them to continue to play the game they love.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: Meanwhile, if Obama were in his position pushing for a season

Aug 13, 2020, 9:40 AM

I would be able to respect, and hold a reasonable conversation with a leftist, if a single ONE of them would acknowledge the absurdity and hypocrisy in articles like this. When I see a conservative being an idiot, I will call them out for it; but you CANNOT get a left winger to admit when one of them is wrong or crazy. I believe that is the main problem we have with the division in our country right now.... a little thing called “self awareness.”

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so right Judge, it's nauseating!***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Meanwhile, if Obama were in his position pushing for a season ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can go watch soccer for all I care.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:15 AM

Stopped reading at opinion and MSNBC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I ..dunno how any 1 could read that and not see

Aug 13, 2020, 11:25 AM

The clear bias.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Someone please dry his tears and wipe his little nose***

Aug 13, 2020, 11:40 AM

Aug 13, 2020, 11:44 AM

I called it and now we have prove.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:50 PM

My bad proved it.

Stuff like this makes me wonder if we'll ever get back to

Aug 13, 2020, 11:52 AM

center in this country? Its always been left leaning in our media but nowadays its looney left. The left wing ideology and party participants control the narrative way too much. ITs why we've have 3 months of riots and 8 months of covid fear syndrome. Question is...how's it going to get fixed?

Money controls everything these days and if evil/looney people have all the money then whaddya do? NBC is supposed to be reputable. They would scrutinize everyone is DC at a point in time. Not anymore. ITs scrutinize everything Trump (bad or good) and praise and bury/ignore the negatives of anyone on the left.

CAse and point; They're calling Kamala Harris a moderate democrat this morning??????? Thats a lie. Bold face lie. But they're ALL following the ######. Thats propaganda folks. Its not true. Theres a ranking that monmouth poll did last fall of all the senators from the most conservative to the most liberal...She was ranked the most liberal based on her actions and voting record. She even beat Bernie!!! But they're portraying her as moderate..? scary stuff. People just hear it and repeat it. Thats our news reporting these days? Even as a liberal you've gotta see how dangerous that is.

Re: Stuff like this makes me wonder if we'll ever get back to

Aug 13, 2020, 11:57 AM

Chuck Todd called the bible a fairy tale one Sunday morning. That should tell you all you need to know.

Re: Stuff like this makes me wonder if we'll ever get back to

Aug 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

I have a feeling ole F Chuck Todd knows a thing or two about faries...

Please tell me you're joking.

Aug 13, 2020, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Stuff like this makes me wonder if we'll ever get back to ]

Kamala Harris a MODERATE? Not even close!

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

par for the course

Aug 13, 2020, 4:00 PM

libs going to lib.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic