Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This Loss is what we needed .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,223

This Loss is what we needed .

Nov 12, 2016, 8:25 PM

Deshaun Watson has been playing like Tajh Boyd 2.0 and he needs to get disciplined. He cost us the game.

We win the the next 3 and we are in the Playoffs period. We need some humility ..and play mistake free football.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This Loss is what we needed .

Nov 12, 2016, 8:29 PM

I spoke very similar words right after the game.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:33 PM

But I was thinking more from a team perspective. One loss may not be a terrible thing.

I agree - we've playing like just showing up for the games..

Nov 12, 2016, 8:38 PM

is all it takes to win. Overconfidence is what causes losses like today. Overconfidence is what causes poor concentration and decision making.

Now we've really got something to prove for the rest of this season - time to show just what we are make of.

Nov 12, 2016, 8:48 PM

Agree but I think it's more of a mind set thing. We think we can turn it on when we feel like it. The NCST game and this game we got bullied and man handled especially with the o line and the run game. Defensively I think we play tuff and physical most of the time I think after that Louisville game we last some of that edge, heck even in the second half we dropped the level of physicality we were playing with. We have to play grown man football to win national championship.

Ya gotta love it when the chickenfans show up

Nov 12, 2016, 8:51 PM

Even though they were crushed by a barely mediocre, badly injured UFl team.....Tigers live rent-free in their psyches 24-7

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It MAY serve as a wake-up call. It MAY be worse. But

Nov 12, 2016, 8:56 PM

Defense also cost us the game.

Had the refs not made TWO HORRIBLE calls when we had stopped Pitt, we'd likely have won DESPITE our poor play and mistakes. Those calls definitely robbed us of EARNED defensive stops.

But our defense should have stopped Pitt way better than they did. And we all know DW4 should not have thrown at least 3 of those interceptions.

Regarding DW4, though: We aren't where we are in the W column without him. He is absolutely why we have a chance at winning the natty to begin with...even with his mistakes. I do think he can and should be playing better, but who knows how many games we would have lost this year without him.

who, on our team has been playing as if inspired?

Nov 12, 2016, 9:01 PM

lot of folks on here want to shoot those of us who suggest DW isn't quite right, but it's been most of the season for which he hasn't been who we know he. an be. is he seeing too many dollars to follow us? I couldn't blame him if this were true.
who on the o line is playing with inspiration?
ain't seems to be more reliable, but how many dropped passes have we witnessed?
I don't know the problem, but if they didn't know it before today, a Heisman and NC were never preordained. we got beat by a 5-4 team on our own field. that stings.

Yep....it was needed, just

Nov 12, 2016, 9:05 PM

Hope a crazy scenario doesn't come into play and us be left out at the end.

I'm sure Bama fans say the same things after a loss

Nov 12, 2016, 9:27 PM

This loss may cost us a chance to play for a Nstional Championship.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,223
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic