Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well the Braves haven’t changed much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Well the Braves haven’t changed much

Oct 8, 2018, 7:14 PM

Although it was a big surprise and should be just a bonus they won the division
It just reminds me of the hay day and their playoff chit show .

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well the Braves haven’t changed much

Oct 8, 2018, 7:19 PM

with this young group, there are better days ahead. I had fun watching them this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

felt like they had this game. Puig hits a popfly into right

Oct 8, 2018, 7:23 PM

field and appeared as if Markakis was jogging after it thinking albies would get there. Then of course we give up a 2 out 2 run single to a pinch hitter. had a 2-2 count on him and threw a terrible pitch along with a terrible idea. try to get him to chase up. that's a pitch for 0-2, 1-2. He didnt chase made it 3-2 and then throws a pitch down the middle.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been a Braves fan pretty much my entire life...

Oct 8, 2018, 7:36 PM

and no one who follows the Braves closely really expected much of a run in the playoffs.

They simply don't have the pitching; especially out of the bullpen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I have been a Braves fan pretty much my entire life...

Oct 8, 2018, 8:01 PM

Walks were a HUGE problem this year. Man I hope AA goes out and brings Kimbrel back. Could really use a lock down closer to end games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol good luck

Oct 8, 2018, 8:15 PM

prying him from Boston.....

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol good luck

Oct 8, 2018, 9:42 PM

Just gotta pay the man. I think it can be done. Braves need to focus on pitching this offseason.

Yes, but they won't do it by...

Oct 8, 2018, 11:22 PM

bringing in a multi million dollar reliever.

Kimbrell currently make $13 million annually. He will be a free agent at the end of the 2018 season and could resign for upwards of $90 million.

The Braves simply won't pay that. Heck, very few teams can even realistically consider it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: lol good luck

Oct 8, 2018, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: lol good luck ]

Add Markakis hitting cleanup to the list. He's gone. Lineup needs serious power increase. See Dodger lineup ?? Pitchers have figured out Albies. Freddy faded second half power #'s. TIME TO SHOP!! The revenue is there!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2018, 7:59 PM

Can anyone tell me why they pulled Folty? I’m starting to get a little tired of Snit and his pitching changes along with still having Flaherty on the bench.

Oct 8, 2018, 8:33 PM

Can anyone tell me why they pulled Folty? I’m starting to get a little tired of Snit and his pitching changes along with still having Flaherty on the bench.

They pulled Folty for a pinch hitter. That’s how the two runs were scored. Suzuki came through the down side was the bullpen had to hold up for the rest of the game which of course we all knew was impossible

Better days are ahead....

Oct 8, 2018, 8:28 PM

#ChopOn...
#ForEachOther.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This Braves Team was fun to watch this year

Oct 8, 2018, 10:31 PM

If you watched them all year, you knew they weren’t getting past NLDS. They have young pitchers that just need some experience.

The Braves are absolutely loaded with young talent throughout farm system. One might argue they have stockpiled the most young talent of pitchers in all the Major Leagues. They have plenty to trade and upgrade.

The Braves will won a World Series in the next 5 years.

They’ve come a lot further a lot faster

Oct 8, 2018, 11:29 PM

than anyone could have hoped. They were fun to watch, had true team chemistry, and genuinely enjoyed the game.

A great year, and Brighter days ahead for them in my view.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 5:56 AM

MyfavOrange nailed there are better days ahead. They have most of the pieces in place. They need another starting pitcher and to shore up their bullpen. Any time that can win their division 14 consecutive years is a special team.

I doubt we will ever see 3 starters like Smoltz , Glavine and Maddox in all together in a Braves uniform. The you have Chipper Jones , Fred McGriff, Andrew Jones, Javey Lopez and others just as talented on a Braves Team.

But if the Braves get the right pieces IMO they will win another WS.

The Braves of the 90’s and 2000’s do not get the praise they deserve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 9, 2018, 6:23 AM

Told my son all year that they are good enough to win their division with great hitting and position players however they don’t have the pitching to make a run in the playoffs. The sort of reminded me of tiger baseball team this year.

Oct 9, 2018, 7:18 AM

It reminded me of the 90's post-season stress I'd been missing.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic