Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This 3-way QB race reminds of '58/59 when CU had 2 fine ones
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,516

This 3-way QB race reminds of '58/59 when CU had 2 fine ones

Feb 16, 2014, 11:18 AM

in Harvey White & Lowdnes Shingler who split time..and carried TiGs to two nice bowls (Sugar vs #1 LSU; lost 0-7 & first Bluebonnet Bowl vs TCU with A-A Bob Lilly; won handily).

Hope things work out as good in 2014 with Stoudt, Kelley & Watson..since all have the talent, but not necessarily all the experience & up on playbook at the moment (Watson in mind).

Saying..imo we should go with the senior Stoudt since he looked mighty good (I know, you'll say against creame-puffs or 2nd stringers)..and alternate with Kelley a lot.

Then, red shirt Watson so he & Kelley can get after it in 2015..and see what happens. Dang, what fun is this 3-man race going to be or what?! Ole Coach Frank Howard would have been skeptical of having 3 QB's..since playing two wasn't his favorite thing.

Oh.....what say you?! LOL.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Danny would have been happy with an extra OL or Fullback instead of a QB.

Feb 16, 2014, 11:32 AM

Remember, three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two if them ain't good.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And Danny would have been happy with an extra OL or Fullback instead of a QB.

Feb 16, 2014, 2:41 PM

"Well, Verner. I tell you. That was Scrudato over left tackle fo' three, then Scrudato over right guard fo' fo'..."

"That Taylor Colquitt treated lumber iz almos' as tuff az our line on dat series..."

Re: And Danny would have been happy with an extra OL or Fullback instead of a QB.

Feb 16, 2014, 2:42 PM

Danny told everyone he could make a QB outta a lineman, but couldn't make a lineman outta a QB.

Feb 16, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to And Danny would have been happy with an extra OL or Fullback instead of a QB. ]

> Remember, three things can happen when you throw the
> ball, and two if them ain't good.
>
> Go Tigers!

Compliments of FJH.

Feb 17, 2014, 8:03 AM [ in reply to And Danny would have been happy with an extra OL or Fullback instead of a QB. ]

That's not a Danny quote!

Both from Greenwood

Feb 16, 2014, 11:38 AM

I remember going to the games in Death Valley as a youngster and reading in the program about White and Shingler both being from Greenwood and coached by Pinky Babb. Being from NC I thought that was the funniest name but came to realize that he was quite a coach. Two great QB's from there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... and a team full of tough Pennsylvania coal miner's kids

Feb 16, 2014, 11:45 AM

and New Jersey "Garden State" farm boys whose names had lots of consonants and very few vowels. ;)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This 3-way QB race reminds of '58/59 when CU had 2 fine ones

Feb 16, 2014, 11:54 AM

Back then you needed two quarterbacks (and two teams) because a player that came out of the game couldn't return in that quarter. So teams played both offense and defense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take is Stoudt has earned right to start, unless Swag or

Feb 16, 2014, 5:23 PM

Watson show perfect confidence with playbook and are overwhelmingly more talented. Dabo like all coaches shows overwhelming preference for seniors - how else do you explain Darius Robinson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OK..it's Stoudt to start against Dawgs imho, & after trouble

Feb 16, 2014, 11:17 PM

it's Kelley..and if more trouble, then it's Watson to see if he can beat his state's favorite team. Haaa!

GoTigERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Darius Robinson played good this past season….

Feb 17, 2014, 10:57 AM [ in reply to My take is Stoudt has earned right to start, unless Swag or ]

Dabo doesn't give preference to seniors. Remember in 2011 Marquan Jones and Xavier Dye (both seniors) were bumped down the line by Hopkins (soph), Brown (soph), Watkins (true fresh), Humphries (true fresh), Bryant (true fresh), and Peake (true fresh).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,516
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic