Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sure, JoeMentia is for the working man...,,lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

Sure, JoeMentia is for the working man...,,lol

Sep 24, 2020, 10:02 AM

Prior to 1983, social security was not taxable. In 1983, Joe Biden voted in favor of taxing 50% of social security - and it passed. In 1993, Joe Biden doubled down and was the deciding vote in raising the percentage taxed on social security from 50% to 85%. Joe Biden is not a friend to working folks - and certainly not to retirees. His voting record on social security over the years is one slap in the face to retirees after another. Now he wants to tax our 401k's and IRA's (it's on page 78 of the Dems' platform) and he also wants to introduce a 3% annual tax on our homes. The record of Joe Biden shows he never misses an opportunity to raise a tax or introduce a tax to hurt the middle class and retirees.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sure, JoeMentia is for the working man...,,lol

Sep 24, 2020, 10:04 AM

yes but Trump had sex with a #### star

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love how pubs go back 20 to 30 years to find

Sep 24, 2020, 10:06 AM

stuff on Biden

When all I have to do is look at what Trump has tweeted/said today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

this is Trump's America!!!!

Sep 24, 2020, 10:10 AM

Wonderful logic there.

So we shouldn't look at what he's done?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that’s hilarious. Maybe you could educate us on all the great things

Sep 24, 2020, 10:14 AM [ in reply to I love how pubs go back 20 to 30 years to find ]

he has accomplished in the last twenty years?

null

Nothing. Trump has accomplished nothing.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:39 AM

That's his point.

Ooooooh! Zing!

Sep 24, 2020, 11:00 AM

That’s what I would do if my candidate had accomplished nothing while occupying some of the highest offices in the land in the past few decades.

null

Uh. Zing back, I reckon?***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:35 AM

Forwards from grandma.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:12 AM

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/09/posts-mislead-on-bidens-role-in-social-security-taxes/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a politician, just like any other.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:48 AM

He's no more for the working man than the next one. Just like Trump isn't for any of his supporters, either.

I don't have faith in a Biden presidency. I don't believe he'll make it past one term. But we've already learned Trump must go at all costs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

This.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:50 AM

The excitement driving voter turn out this election isn't excitement for Biden but excitement for voting against Trump.

Trump is the new Hillary.

Well, for you.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 AM

Those that vote with their checkbook say the same thing about Biden.

I'm voting with my checkbook too.

Sep 24, 2020, 10:54 AM

I would net around 2K a year with UHC without ever going to the doctor the first time. And with two kids, we go to the doctor A LOT

As long as someone else pays for it, I guess its all good***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:00 AM

Notice I said net. So that means even though my

Sep 24, 2020, 11:03 AM

taxes go up, it's still under the amount I pay in "healthcare" per year.

Also, god forbid something bad happens, my family doesn't have to sell everything they own to cover my hospital bills even with insurance.

Healthcare in the United States is a scam that is protected vehemently by the very people it preys upon.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

If I was poor I guess I'd worry about that too.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:22 AM

Or really, I probably wouldn't, because a lot of people are poor and have bad health (it seems to go hand in hand with bad decision making), and they aren't living in the street.

My wife says I've have been getting fired since I met her, 15 years ago. Sometimes, I worry about stuff that probably won't happen.

Anybody ever told you that you worry about stuff that probably won't happen? My guess is if you, or someone in your family got really sick, you'd still get treatment, but you might get your credit ruined if you can't pay your bills. But srsly..is ruining your credit something you worry about? I'm going to bet not.

Thanks for proving my point***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:26 AM

Was your point that you worry about stuff that prob won't

Sep 24, 2020, 11:27 AM

happen? Or that your credit sucks?

What do YOU think I proved?

Maybe its just me, but I find some humor in you being

Sep 24, 2020, 11:29 AM

concerned that you won't be able to pay a hospital bill you might get for treatment you'll get regardless, but seem to give no fscks about our country being $27 Trillion in debt.

Micro and Macro economics are not interchangable

Sep 24, 2020, 11:33 AM

false equivalence.

And with that, I just don't think I care enough to attempt

Sep 24, 2020, 11:37 AM

to try and change your mind.

That we have 3 options in the US if you get sick, say cancer

Sep 24, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Was your point that you worry about stuff that prob won't ]

1. Die

2. Spend the rest of your (probably short) life paying it back and what you don't pay back will be taken out of whatever life insurance you have, or your wife/children will have to pay it back.

3. Bankrupt and destroy your credit for the rest of your life.

I would accept that if EVERY SINGLE OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD had the same issue.

But you know those Europeans, barely able to survive with taxes so high.

Once again, medical stockholm syndrome. The insurance companies did a great job brainwashing generations in the US into thinking this is as good as it gets even though every single other country got away from it.

It's a lot like when the husband is beating the #### out of the wife all the time and when the cops come to take the husband away she fights the cops.

Do I need to even go through you mythical options?

Sep 24, 2020, 11:34 AM

I'm begining to se why you are in the shape you are in.

Please do***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:36 AM

Even though we have been through the song and dance before where you claimed to have intimate knowledge of the way hospital billing and insurance works then when Charlestontiger came in saying you were full of #### you changed your job to IT.

Even the dude who works in this business says UHC will be the better system he just doesn't want to because he won't make as much money. Which I understand that.

Ugh...heavy sigh. I don't know why I do this to

Sep 24, 2020, 11:57 AM

myself, and even engage in this inanity. It's not like you'll believe me, or even learn anything.

"1. Die"

Well, that's certainly your decision to make, and depending on your illness, even being treated by the worlds best doctors doesn't assure you will live.

"2. Spend the rest of your (probably short) life paying it back and what you don't pay back will be taken out of whatever life insurance you have, or your wife/children will have to pay it back."

People are treated every day by hospitals that never receive payment for care they have given. Often, hospitals are reimbursed by the US federal gov't for these services. In SC, most of these hospitals don't even have to document the amount of indigent care they provide, as its a % of the local population economics determined by census and government economic figures. It's called DSH money (or DISH), that stands for "Disproportionate Share" of uncollectable charges. Some of the basics of the program may have changed since I was involved with it a few years ago, but it appears to generally be the same format. Here's a link, so you don't have to hurt yourself looking for it:

https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/financial-management/medicaid-disproportionate-share-hospital-dsh-payments/index.html

"3. Bankrupt and destroy your credit for the rest of your life."

If your credit is destroyed "for life", its because you can't, or probably won't, pay your bills. ANY bills. Medical debts are often discharged after a period of non-payment (refer to #2 above). Chapter 13 bankruptcies stay on your active credit report for 7 years, depending on the amount you are forgiven, and medical bills apply less weight to your credit report than say, defaulting on your "buy here, pay here" loan for a 10 year old POS truck you had to have. And most hospitals, as long as you are paying something, won't turn your debts over to collections.

https://www.experian.com/blogs/ask-experian/removing-bankruptcy-from-your-credit-report/

https://www.credit.com/blog/medical-bill-myths/

I'm not sure where you get the ideas that you have about, well, pretty much anything, but you seemingly have a lot of "out there" theories on basically everything you so arrogantly argue about.

That's pie in the sky at best

Sep 24, 2020, 12:04 PM

I've had hospital and doctor bills that I've forgotten to pay. They took it out of my taxes.

You're telling me that I can walk into any office/hospital, get treated and then forget it every happened?

That's bull ####.

Bankruptcy takes years and years and years of work to build back your credit to where you're not paying extreme interest rates on loans.

So yes lifetime was hyperbolic but bankruptcy costs you in the long run.

Took it out of your taxes?

Sep 24, 2020, 12:20 PM

That must have been part of Obamacare; The federal government is the only group allowed to garnish income tax returns. That's also how Obamacare got around being the "tax" that it is. Enforcement of "fines" were left up to the IRS.

Sorry you didn't get back all your taxes because you actually owed a bill. I haven't "gotten back" any taxes in years; I have no idea what a tax "refund" is. We owed about $7K this year, on top of the amount we paid all year long with zero dependents listed on our W-4's. I expect it to be closer to $10-$14K next year. That's $1000-$1500 PER MONTH, NET, ADDITIONAL, in taxes if you want the raw numbers

And yes, believe it or not, people leave the hospital every day and never pay the bill.

I knew this was all a waste of time for me. You have your mind made up, and no amount of links or proof I provide is going to change it.

Yep, took it out of tax return

Sep 24, 2020, 12:22 PM

and I have PEBA

And you're right you are not going to change my mind when your best argument is "just don't pay the bill"

So you OWED a bill, and are angry that it was subtracted

Sep 24, 2020, 12:25 PM

from your tax REFUND?

This is an Obamacare thing, not a healthcare/hospital thing.

Nope not angry. It fell through the cracks

Sep 24, 2020, 12:31 PM

which is why I keep a spreadsheet now.

But it goes against your point of "just don't pay the bill"

Which is a great healthcare solution by the way.

100k in cancer treatments to stay alive got you where you can't afford basic necessities? Screw it, don't pay it.

Can't afford thousands of dollars in insulin per month to stay alive? Screw it, don't pay it.

You're right you will not change my mind. If this was something new or innovative that we were pioneering I would be willing to be swayed.

But when every other country on earth has universal healthcare, paying less for healthcare per capita AND lower prescription costs and they haven't gone down in flames, you're not going to convince me that the healthcare/insurance system we have in the United States is the best we can do.

There are many things I don't like about America.

Sep 24, 2020, 12:33 PM

I don't feel we are a free society any longer, and that we are over taxed and over policed.

I plan on being an ex-pat in a few years to avoid what I don't like.

What is your plan?

Sounds like you need to sign up for ObamaCare***

Sep 24, 2020, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Notice I said net. So that means even though my ]

Lets be honest about this...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:50 AM [ in reply to He's a politician, just like any other. ]

He won't make it all of his first term. Or probably even a full year.

DNC probably already has drawn up the 25th amendment paperwork.

Re: Lets be honest about this...

Sep 24, 2020, 10:54 AM

And I think this is a very likely scenario. I think they know they have to play a name to get Trump out.

It's risky. The public may not respond well to Harris just taking the office and her subsequent job performance, so it won't be a good play for them in 2024.

But I think they also realize Trump is such a threat to our nation's future, he's got to go.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

How do we know Harris won't be?

Sep 24, 2020, 10:59 AM

I think the "threat to our nations future" stuff is hyperbole, what whatever.

We don't.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:03 AM

She's unknown there. I think she at least isn't an authoritarian who would just as soon wipe her ### with the Constitution than obey it. You know, like Trump does.

We can call it hyperbolic, but I can't remember the last time we had a president basically saying he won't ensure a peaceful transition of power if he loses.

Trump can say whatever he wants to say.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:17 AM

Doesn't mean it will happen. Or that he has anything to do with the decision. If he loses, I guess he can pull an Al Gore and just sue everyone, but at some point, I assume the SCOTUS would be made to decide. And if he loses, then he's just a citizen, with no more or less rights than you and I. I can't walk outside in my yard with a beer without getting harassed by the authorities, so I doubt Trump will be taking over the white house or anything as some guy that used to be president.

But I guess the bigger thing to me is I think we've all accepted the fact that Trump lies...a lot. Knowing that, how do you pick which stuff he says that you'll get upset about? Or even believe?

But the problem he's saying it.

Sep 24, 2020, 2:15 PM

Whether he means it or not, he's still saying it. This. Isn't. Natural.

That's not good for our nation or our faith in our election process, which are precious and invaluable to our country's survival.

I'm tired of dismissing these comments as "well, it doesn't matter what he meant."

Because if he does mean it, he's setting the stage for millions to act upon it and follow him on it. And they would.

Actually I said he lies a lot.

Sep 24, 2020, 3:22 PM

How do you know when to get upset about what he says?

You are really carrying this to the nth degree. Armed uprisings? C'mon. The only armed uprising we'll see is what we are seeing now...non-Trump voters burning cities. THOSE you might should get upset about.

Make it past 1 term? He may not make it through 1 term.

Sep 24, 2020, 11:13 AM [ in reply to He's a politician, just like any other. ]

Let that sink in moderate dems.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Did Reagan sign that bill?***

Sep 24, 2020, 10:49 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Answer: yes he did. And here's what he said:

Sep 24, 2020, 10:51 AM

This bill demonstrates for all time our Nation’s ironclad commitment to Social Security. It assures the elderly that America will always keep the promises made in troubled times a. half a century ago. It assures those who are still working that they, too, have a pact with the future. From this day forward, they have our pledge that they will get their fair share of benefits when they retire . . . .

Our elderly need no longer fear that the checks they depend on will be stopped or reduced. These amendments protect them. Americans of middle age need no longer worry whether their career-long investment will pay off. These amendments guarantee it. And younger people can feel confident that Social Security will still be around when they need it to cushion their retirement.

-President Reagan's opinion of "Biden's bill"

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good lawd...

Sep 24, 2020, 11:01 AM

we need some leaders like this again

Well hey, Biden voted for the bill, so...***

Sep 24, 2020, 11:10 AM

Re: Sure, JoeMentia is for the working man...,,lol

Sep 24, 2020, 10:57 AM

Also I don't see anything about 401k or IRAs on page 78 of the platform (link below). The whole point of 401k is tax deferral, so in that sense it's already taxed. Just not at first. So, not sure what you're saying about that.

https://democrats.org/where-we-stand/party-platform/

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic