Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any other GenXer's have this problem?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 280

Any other GenXer's have this problem?

Apr 4, 2020, 9:23 PM

My boomer parents and parents in law seem to make daily trips, either to wal-mart or to visit a brother or sister or to take 1 bag of trash to the dump just "to get out of the house". Then gives me a guilt trip when I refuse to allow them come here to visit their grandbabies. I'm pretty sure my mom is thinking about cutting me out of the will at this point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ED is a natural thing. Hth.***

Apr 4, 2020, 9:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Is this what they do normally?

Apr 4, 2020, 9:26 PM

Then how dare they be interrupted by death!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's actually not

Apr 4, 2020, 9:36 PM

I think they grew up having to listen to authorities and now they're rebelling like they wish they could have when they were teens.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

dang boomers, nothing new.***

Apr 4, 2020, 9:39 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes....

Apr 4, 2020, 9:49 PM

minus the grandkids part.

Neighbors are the same way here too. I see the across the fence, and get in a distant convo (50+ feet), and get some explanation of "we're going to XYZ's sisters to eat", or something like that.

I give them the quick guilt trip of, "why aren't you on lockdown?" They act like it's not a rule, so why abide. Entitled, and makes me not value their opinion even more than was already lacking.

These are the type of people with their whooping cough kids barking down your leg in the check out line while trying to stay alive getting groceries. No respeck

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Evereybody is special.

Apr 4, 2020, 10:23 PM

The rules only apply to everyone else.

This is why generally, we suck as a country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This

Apr 5, 2020, 2:28 AM

This is the proper answer. People don’t want to follow all the rules that apply, because they’re following protocol. And that’s not cool in some areas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

This boomer is doing it right

Apr 5, 2020, 7:05 AM

I blame it on the Pres. He has the same attitude.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that is surprising... I would think most folks my age would

Apr 5, 2020, 7:46 AM

be hunkering down more than anybody. I know I'm in the endangered zone. I haven't left the house in over 2 weeks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smoking cigarettes and writing something nasty on the wall

Re: Any other GenXer's have this problem?

Apr 5, 2020, 9:00 AM

These boomers have been good. One set of GKids is only a few houses down and the other set is about 2 miles away. It's a ##### not to get a hug or a kiss from them, but at least one of the parents in the household is still going to work each day. The DaughtersOf claim they don't want to kill us. I think they just don't like us ;)

We've been doing some FaceTime and that kind of stuff. I've been to the gas station a couple of times for beers, gas for the mower, that kind of stuff. Other than that, everything else has been groceries to go pickup and a couple or Amazon's.

It really doesn't bother me that much because I don't like people. The social butterfly I married however.......

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 280
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic