Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thinking about cutting the cord with my TV provider...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Thinking about cutting the cord with my TV provider...

Feb 14, 2015, 9:22 AM

and going with an antenna. Any others out there that currently do the same? What are some pros (besides TV for free) and Cons..??

Looks like I can get all the major network programming but haven't seen a way to get ESPN.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am doing this along with Netflix

Feb 14, 2015, 9:33 AM

I can't get 13 with the antenna but I don't watch much tele at all mate

Re: Thinking about cutting the cord with my TV provider...

Feb 14, 2015, 9:35 AM

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/engineering/dtvmaps/

also, I would consider the new Dish deal, which includes ESPN's. And with their deal rolling out, things are getting ready to change alot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What is dish's deal?***

Feb 14, 2015, 9:38 AM

Re: What is dish's deal?***

Feb 14, 2015, 9:45 AM

http://www.cnet.com/news/sling-tv-everything-you-need-to-know/

http://www.cnet.com/news/dish-launches-20-sling-tv-streaming-video-service-with-channel-lineup-that-includes-espn-disney/

I think they're still adding channels.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Read the FAQ I like the offer but think I'll wait until

Feb 14, 2015, 11:00 AM

they add more channels, get a higher picture quality and, allow more than one device to play at a time on one acct

Feb 14, 2015, 11:45 AM

When we moved in October we cut it. We bought a really fast internet service and when building the house I snuck in and ran a bunch of Ethernet drops to smart TVs (better than wi-FI...zero buffering). We subscribe to netflix and we share a WatchESPN account with bro-in-law. We had hulu plus but dropped it because we weren't watching it. I have a small / cheap UHF antenna with a booster in a window upstairs connected to the wall coax jack. That connection comes to the main panel in the basement and is split to all the TVs in the house. For $7 a month (Netflix, we need internet anyway for work stuff), we get all the main networks, sports, and kids can go crazy on netflix on TV or iPads. We don't watch a ton of TV except Clemson sports and netflix, so it's perfect for us.

Feb 14, 2015, 11:54 AM

One con is that there is one network (ABC) that is still broadcasting in VHF in our area so my little UHF antenna in the window doesn't pick it up. I am thinking about springing for the $100 or so to get a nice UHF / VHF antenna in the attic. When we built the house I ran a wire chase from the attic to the basement (where the AV box is) for this purpose. But eh we don't really watch much.

We had planned to just stream the Super Bowl online, but on a whim I set up this tiny antenna in the window and bingo...a beautiful HD picture better than any HD cable or satellite service I've ever paid for, with no dropouts, from Philly towers 35 miles away.

HD signals over the air look fantastic.***

Feb 14, 2015, 11:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Re: God you sound so sexy***

Feb 14, 2015, 11:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Thinking about cutting the cord with my TV provider... ]

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic