Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think it would be great if CU just pounded it against Wake
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Think it would be great if CU just pounded it against Wake

Sep 27, 2013, 10:46 AM

Seems to me, Wake's front seven might have limited depth.

Besides, I would also like to show that know-it-all Jesse Palmer that CU is more than just a razzle-dazzle team. Just lay it out there for the nation to see that CU is perfectly capable of playing "SEC-Big-Boy-Football" if Dabo chooses.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have pounded it against NCST more

Sep 27, 2013, 10:47 AM

I think McDowell had 6 yards a carry or so. Howard and Brooks also had goo yards. So far this year when we've forced the issue we've been productive. It's a good way to get the OL to gel and get Tajh in a groove to do his thing.

Re: We should have pounded it against NCST more

Sep 27, 2013, 10:49 AM

yep passing game is so good we tend to forget to run at times.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's more that the passing game is still off

Sep 27, 2013, 10:57 AM

so Morris is trying to force the issue to get Tajh and the WRs on the same page

Think Morris likes to HUNH the defense into submission and

Sep 27, 2013, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Re: We should have pounded it against NCST more ]

hit them with the run game later.

This has been my biggest issue with Morris

Sep 27, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to We should have pounded it against NCST more ]

(maybe my only issue) during his time here. He is too quick to abandon the run and often does so even when we are having success on the ground, a la N.C. State.

I know where you're coming from but I think.....

Sep 27, 2013, 10:50 AM

we've got to get our passing game in snyc like it's going to have to be - looked shaky against NSCU.

I don't see that happening.

Sep 27, 2013, 10:54 AM

Dabo isn't going to disrupt his plan to prove anything to anybody. His goal is to win the next ball game, win the division, win the state, win the conference championship then win the bowl game.

To do our team needs to be the best it can be. That only happens with a practice plan and a game plan that stretches our guy's muscles and make them stronger, stretches their minds and makes them play smarter and put them in positions and situations which tax both their minds and bodies simultaneously.

I'd expect we'll continue to play spread-smashmouth offense and lockdown defense throughout this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For one simple reason, you may be right. Morris doesn't

Sep 27, 2013, 10:55 AM

want to open the playbook wide open till we get to FSU.

So, expect a fairly plain vanilla offense tomorrow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Really? We can't prove SEC-worthiness by playing Wake.

Sep 27, 2013, 10:55 AM

We DID however, prove it against UGA and LSU.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

At least to start. Establish the run so Tajh knows he

Sep 27, 2013, 10:56 AM

doesn't have to do it all by himself and take some pressure off of him. He doesn't have to be Superman. It's not all on him. He just needs to execute the offense.

Then, the play action passing should open things up and let him get rolling naturally. Morris tries to force the passing game sometimes when it would evolve more naturally if he would establish the run first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would like to see more rushing, too

Sep 27, 2013, 11:41 AM

It's satisfying seeing Hot Rod plow through a defense. Kind of like peeling the shipping labels off of a Microwave. Hngnhngg...

Re: Think it would be great if CU just pounded it against Wake

Sep 27, 2013, 11:20 AM

We have nothing to proof.

I still remember the Wake game where Tommy West...

Sep 27, 2013, 11:47 AM

Remember the dark days of Tommy West where he'd try to find a passing offense every year? Then, at some point in the season, he'd get frustrated, and just run the ball a zillion times in a row?

I still remember this game in 1996..
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Clemson-21-Wake-Forest-10/id-95d4214dc78df48d3505c9a3be108740

Tommy got frustrated and handed the ball off to Raymon Priester 17 consecutive times....

Watching GaTech last night reminded me how happy I am to have a team that can actually come from behind throwing the ball if we need to.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic