Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much

Sep 14, 2017, 1:09 PM

money that they had to go out of business?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never happen... Mickey gots some bucks!***

Sep 14, 2017, 1:12 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Folks quit visiting Magic Kingdom. That will change things***

Sep 14, 2017, 8:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Folks quit visiting Magic Kingdom. That will change things***

Sep 15, 2017, 8:01 AM

Ppl quit having kids that'll change things....

Now see how silly that sounds....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much

Sep 14, 2017, 1:14 PM

You weren't around in the 80's when there was 2-3 games to watch A SATURDAY!! Hoping we were one of them. Old timers, tell him about the UGA and FSU games. The only time we were on TV.

Sep 14, 2017, 1:20 PM

Old timer here. One of the main reasons that Nebraska, USCal, and Notre Dame were so good every year is because they were always on TV and other teams were almost never on TV, including Clemson. Therefore recruits knew about those schools and wanted to play there. Nebraska's recruiting really dried up since they lost that TV monopoly.

Sep 14, 2017, 1:50 PM

That is exactly right! Even when I got a BIG dish in the yard, there still weren't that many teams to watch.

Sep 14, 2017, 8:09 PM

It still doesn't mean that they have to pour money into The SEC and 1.9 Billion into The NBA, That is stupidity in my HUMBLE opinion.

Don't know where to find the info

Sep 14, 2017, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much ]

but would like to see a list of our TV appearances year by year pre-ESPN. We never were on nationally only regional coverage.

Sep 14, 2017, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much ]

Someone else would fill the void.

They would just not be idiotic abuot the TV contracts.

Too much money to be made off NCAA Football for it to not be picked up.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

That's exactly right. College football is popular.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:30 PM

And reaching the audience is easier than ever. College football does not need ESPN.

null

And you had to get the Greenville news on Sunday

Sep 14, 2017, 2:43 PM [ in reply to Re: How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much ]

to get 3 lame articles, one of which what nothing but a box score and then flip over to the "how the top 20 fared" to figure out how things stood with rankings.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember listening to us on the radio more than TV and

Sep 14, 2017, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Re: How great would it be if ESPN began to lose so much ]

hoping you could get the dial to hit just perfect on the radio to hear it clearly. That was before digital radios. If you wanted to know what our uniforms looked like you had to go to the game or watch the Danny Ford Show and that was it. That was also when ESPN just reported sports and didn't try to control it.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Sep 14, 2017, 1:15 PM

It would be tough for me. I really enjoy watching my Tigers on espn everyday. I can remember when they were never mentioned on local radio. Thank goodness for espn and a few other networks who have helped us rise to prominence.

Sep 14, 2017, 1:15 PM

They'll sell it first.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather they just do some "restructuring"

Sep 14, 2017, 1:17 PM

get rid of those that want to talk about Presidents instead of sports.

I've never been a fan of Jamelle Hill and not quiet sure how she has gotten to where she has. Her co-host is fine and is actually very intelligent.

I'm still mad about Mike and Mike restructuring. they were literally the only people I could stomach on ESPN.

Not even 10 years when Clemson - GT was not on TV

Sep 14, 2017, 1:30 PM

I never want to go back to those days when you are listening on the radio because the Raycom game of the week was WF vs UNC

Re: I'd rather they just do some "restructuring"

Sep 14, 2017, 1:41 PM [ in reply to I'd rather they just do some "restructuring" ]

"I've never been a fan of Jamelle Hill and not quiet sure how she has gotten to where she has. Her co-host is fine and is actually very intelligent."

She fits their narrative.

Re: I'd rather they just do some "restructuring"

Sep 14, 2017, 2:38 PM [ in reply to I'd rather they just do some "restructuring" ]

Ive loved espn for a long time until agendas and PC has taken over sports. We blue collar people deal with different issues everyday, i dont want to deal with it while watching soorts. People want to break away for a while. Having said that, they show lots of football. Sports only ,please. Hey, theres a name for a new network

Sorry but not while Don Munson is our radio play-by-play

Sep 14, 2017, 1:46 PM

guy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrible***

Sep 14, 2017, 2:02 PM

Considering all of the football games they broadcast

Sep 14, 2017, 2:29 PM

it would suck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love ESPN

Sep 14, 2017, 2:40 PM

I watch Clemson on their stations almost every week

Sep 14, 2017, 2:48 PM

Good lord you espn bashers are so idiotic. Yeah, it would be awesome if espn went under and we could only watch a few college football games a week, watch less baseball and basketball. Pretty much watch hardly any sports in general. Yeah that would be awesome. Maybe that would be ok for all the Law and Order fans, but not people that love sports. If you hate espn so much, don't freaking watch it. Simple. I can't stand jamalle hill or Michael smith or Stephen a smith. Guess what, I don't watch them. Rocket science I know.

Do none of you remember how great it was

Sep 14, 2017, 3:31 PM

to go to games that were not on TV? Even though I love watching multiple games on TV when I'm not in DV, the TV timeouts have ruined the natural flow of the games and made them VERY long...

"Heavyweight fights have their ring walks. CFB has Clemson's grandest entrance in sports."
Chris Fowler

So true...

Sep 14, 2017, 7:58 PM

the red shirt guys suck the life out of the game and control momentum in certain situations. Don't like 'em at all!

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, I'd love less access to sports.***

Sep 14, 2017, 3:45 PM

null

Sep 14, 2017, 3:56 PM

Holy crap people are acting like someone else wouldnt pick up all the games sitting out there.

NCAA Football still makes plenty of money for networks.

ESPN just went full ###### with their TV contracts expecting cord cutting to not be a big deal.

Let's just go to PPV for everything

Sep 14, 2017, 3:57 PM

So what if it costs more.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think about this very carefully...

Sep 14, 2017, 4:19 PM

Do you want Joe Buck on a Clemson broadcast? 'Cause that's how you get Joe Buck on a Clemson broadcast.

Re: Think about this very carefully...

Sep 14, 2017, 5:11 PM

Seriously, all those who do not like ESPN, just this Saturday, turn off your TV and listen to the
game while you wash your car. I will give you a break, just listen to 1st half. Let us know if you
enjoyed your game.

Sep 14, 2017, 5:15 PM

When the game is being played, ESPN is the best show on TV. The rest of the time they are as much a waste as the rest of commercial server tv.

no idea why this would be good for anyone in sports

Sep 14, 2017, 5:30 PM

Espn covers tons of events and has a million things to chose from to watch on ESPN3.

Sep 14, 2017, 5:47 PM

I'm torn by this. I don't like that they've been pushing an agenda as a sports network and it's out of place. On the other hand I remember how hard it was for out of area people to watch Clemson 10-15 years ago, and it's been great to watch every game.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:30 PM

I have been completely happy their coverage of our games, I do not watch anything else they show. Maybe this is good advice.

I am also willing to bet that a lot of you watch Game of Thrones, but don;t go on chat boards moaning about all the left wing shows HBO has in their lineup. In fact I have never seen this, just threads about how good game of thrones is.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2017, 6:34 PM

Well if you want to go that route you go ahead. Before ESPN there was only ONE college football game on each week.

It's callled a "MUTE" button on the remote

Sep 15, 2017, 7:49 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Someone else would pick up games, but it could be Turner!

Sep 15, 2017, 8:22 AM

Turner has been wanting to up their Turner Sports service... (I used to work there)...

There was even talk at one time about getting the college baseball playoffs and trying to "upgrade" it more like the NCAA BB Tourney, i.e. broadcast every game, etc. etc.

So ESPN goes "under" and Turner picks up... trade ESPN for Turner and their CNN opinions? Would be the same thing....

Nope. At least they show football, basketball, and baseball.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:08 AM

I would rather see Fox News, MSNBC, and all the biased, talking-head, spin the news channels go out of business. Oh, and all those religious and shopping channels can go too. And CNN go back to real news 24/7 without the commentary like the old days. Basically everything that I am paying for at ATT that I blocked the first day can go away.

Sep 15, 2017, 11:08 AM

Well I dont know... who would be broadcasting all of the football games we want to watch?

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic