Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Think about this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,122

Think about this

Sep 17, 2020, 11:37 AM

Thus far 2020 has been an unbelievable year for practically the entire world. I’m not talking specifically about the sports world either. Everyone has been forced to change a major part of their life and lifestyle to adjust to the conditions that this terrible virus has forced upon us. I can think of nothing of importance that has gone unaffected by the corona.

We all read and listen to the hardships that our favorite teams have been forced to handle. It is very comforting to me to see how well the entire Clemson family has handled this crisis. I think we all need to stop and praise our amazing president and his staff for allowing our university to continue to be THE university in the state. Certainly the students have done their part as well. I hope all this continues to be a positive. It says a lot about this family that we proudly boast of every day. These same praises should be given to our athletic community as well. Football has been totally different this year than in previous years for every school. It is obvious to me that coach Swinney and his staff have done an amazing job thus far.

For these reasons I must say that a national championship this year would be an extraordinary event for my Tigers. The team that comes out on top in 2020 will be special and the football world will recognize this amazing feat. Support this team as never before because this is a special time.

GO TIGERS. .and. GO. iPTAY ( it hasn’t been easy for them either)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Think about this

Sep 17, 2020, 11:50 AM

Forest Tiger: Remember, they are playing a game. A game! It's not like its a life or death situation. The end results does not really matter in life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 12:31 PM

Wow it's amazing how wrong you are and how distant you are from the frame of mind of an athlete.

Sure maybe whether they win or lose does not matter in the long run but simply playing "a game" is absolutely life and death to many athletes at the high school and college level across the country.

It's something they have devoted their entire lives to for most of the participants. For many college football players, it is the only reason they are in college and have the opportunity to change their lives and their families' lives with a college education.

The "game" keep many high school kids showing up for school and out of trouble. That is absolutely life and death in terms of the negative impact that is involved with not finishing high school at this time.

Also, all of the above doesn't even mention the struggle that many have had with depression without the escape and stress reliever that is sports for the last 6 months. To be clear, I don't mean watching sports but for the athletes who have structured their lives around athletic seasons and competitions who lost that outlet over a weekend in March.

Be careful not to confuse the fact that while sports doesn't matter to your life, it certainly matters to the lives of tens of thousands (at minimum) of athletes across our country.

Sep 17, 2020, 3:56 PM

No where did I say or even hint that sports are not important to me. I’m sorry you failed to get the story I was telling.

It is my belief that a team can be so good, so United, and so dedicated to the cause that even a pandemic that has crippled many teams can keep this special group from a national championship in a year where many teams aren’t even sure they should play! Clemson has special guys on the team that can make this happen. Not many can say that.

Sorry I confused you. I never could write very well.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,122
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic