Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gofundme border wall funding
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Gofundme border wall funding

Dec 19, 2018, 10:06 PM

$1.5 millsky in first 48 hours, not too shabby.

https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gofundme border wall funding

Dec 19, 2018, 10:09 PM

That's awesome. How much will the wall cost? I fully support Gofundme getting us there.

From bravado to begging

Dec 20, 2018, 7:59 AM

I would be laughing so hard that my sides hurt if it weren't so ####### sad.

Re: From bravado to begging

Dec 20, 2018, 8:05 AM

Only need about 10 billion and we will be there.

Re: From bravado to begging

Dec 20, 2018, 5:06 PM

My guess is that the actual cost of a partial border wall would be over $25 billion. A full border wall would likely go over $50 billion.

Given that much of the border wall would have to be built in very remote areas, the infrastructure needed just to get the materials to and from the border could be just as expensive as the wall itself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2019, 12:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Gofundme border wall funding ]

Every government bureaucracy, agency, program, etc., except for those explicitly laid out as Federal jurisdiction under the Constitution, should be organized as gofundme projects.

100 bricks worth!***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Mexico gonna go through this, or just pay directly?***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Mexico gonna go through this, or just pay directly?***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:23 PM

I had erase the post, because I was playing around and not taking the funding seriously. I didn't realize the guy running the funding is so cool. I don't want to dishonor someone so great. I hope he gets that billion. I gave 20 bucks.

Dec 19, 2018, 11:28 PM

People are donating. It may be 2.5 million by morning. It's almost 2 million now.

Thanks Memphis in a round about way for leading me to this guy.

Dec 19, 2018, 11:36 PM

The guy running the page seems cool. Brian Kolfage is his name. Watch that video on that first link below. It is so awesome.

https://www.garysinisefoundation.org/specially-adapted-smart-homes/brian-kolfage/

probably belongs in the lounge

Dec 19, 2018, 11:40 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thanks Memphis in a round about way for leading me to this guy.

Dec 20, 2018, 11:11 AM [ in reply to Thanks Memphis in a round about way for leading me to this guy. ]

just goes to show that good people are capable of really stupid things.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 11:47 PM

Whoever gave Memphis a thumbs down just went off instinct. This time he is on to something. For once.

Things like this should happen more often...

Dec 20, 2018, 6:57 AM

If you don't think the government is doing something the way you want them to do it, and you have some sort of power, then do something.

Don't think the government is doing enough for healthcare for people? If you have enough money, then go help someone with their healthcare.

Don't like guns, and don't like gun laws? Start a campaign to let people voluntarily sell their guns to you, and then destroy them.

The government doesn't have to do everything, and shouldn't do everything.

Dec 20, 2018, 7:39 AM

I can't imagine what it's like to be so dumb that this seems like a good idea.

Lol, what could go wrong with this?***

Dec 20, 2018, 7:44 AM

Re: Lol, what could go wrong with this?***

Dec 20, 2018, 7:46 AM

He seems the real deal actually, but you never know. That said, I thought the same thing as you initially.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Lol, what could go wrong with this?*** ]

I would like to know what happens with the money if we never build the wall?

Dec 20, 2018, 8:12 AM

Sling it into the DOD budget and make it happen. Partial support will come from congress. The rest will happen through DOD. This is all just a charade.

We have given more money to Mexico this year than the wall costs. This is all maneuvering and the wall will be built just a matter of when and if the DOD pays for it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fools and their money...

Dec 20, 2018, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Lol, what could go wrong with this?*** ]

But trust this guy. He's Facebook famous!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Fools and their money...

Dec 20, 2018, 8:18 AM

He has done more for this country than you can sniff. You just sit in your moms basement and then cubicle and enjoy fortnite cause that’s all you got. This guy has sniffed more success than you will ever comprehend.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 8:21 AM

It will be interesting to follow. Almost 3.2 million now.

Okay, Bubba

Dec 20, 2018, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: Fools and their money... ]

You're just mad that you've now realized you donated to this cause and it's gonna get pocketed. It's okay. You're not the first person to foolishly part with his money.

But I did try out Fortnite. Didn't have the patience. The teenagers were too good at for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Dec 20, 2018, 8:19 AM [ in reply to Fools and their money... ]

Time will tell. He's on a bunch of tv shows and has an interesting life if you read a bunch about him. He is not an unknown after I researched it more. He has a good story and seems real. Most people are just donating a tiny bit anyway. My bar tab is almost always larger than what people are donating. The most I saw was 200 dollars. Most people are 20 bucks or something meaningless.

Oh, I read up on him.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:25 AM

But I'm placing my bets on human nature. You're telling me if he raises $1 billion, he's just going to give that... to Congress?

Okay.

Re: Oh, I read up on him.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:26 AM

Good god you are retarded.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:28 AM

I cannot even begin to describe how pleased I am that this is making you so upset.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Oh, I read up on him. ]

Not everyone has the same human nature to steal. I think gives all of the money away...all of it. I would be surprised if he didn't.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:30 AM

I hope you're right. If he does, he won't give it to Congress... he'll come up with some other reason not to do that and then give it to charity or something.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:34 AM

That would be cool too. Either way, I don't think he is the type to steal it. He has had so many people help him with an amazing house. He has a great job. He almost died. He has a great family and wife. He just seems at a higher level than stealing from tens of thousands of Americans. I believe his intentions are altruistic. It will be interesting to follow.

Dec 20, 2018, 9:06 AM

You've got a serious crush. I don't think I've seen anyone on this board who is into TL as much as you're into this guy.

I expect the ninth circuit will soon end this.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:14 AM

Human rights or some such nonsense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If this guys raises $1 billion

Dec 20, 2018, 8:20 AM

He is going to 100 percent take it and not give two ##### that you know who he is or that he's "Facebook famous".

Nobody raises $1 billion and just coughs it up for this.

Re: If this guys raises $1 billion

Dec 20, 2018, 8:22 AM

You are an idiot if you think he can raise a billion dollars. Just shut the #### up and enjoy someone actually trying to make a difference. You piece of ####.

Dec 20, 2018, 8:27 AM

Dec 20, 2018, 8:25 AM [ in reply to If this guys raises $1 billion ]

I think he will give it all up. I really do. He is a special person from what I have gathered.

Think I'll start a GoFundMe

Dec 20, 2018, 8:41 AM

to provide 32' extension ladders on the Mexico side. I reckon you'd only need one every half mile or so, which means I'd need about $1.6m to insure America's future for affordable lawn care.

Do you think aluminum would get too hot? Should I spring for fiberglass?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been on the 30' rung of a 32' ladder.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:12 AM

I've climbed ladders, buck and tubelock and many other scaffolding, I've been on cantilever scaffolding up 8 stories and nothing frightened me like that 30' mark even though there was a foot of ladder left. BTW, if a ladder is at a stable angle a 32' ladder ain't long enough to climb 32 feet.

So no, the concept that a 32' ladder will conquer a 30' is something someone ignorant of ladders and climbing them would say.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, 2 ladders.

Dec 20, 2018, 10:18 AM

/-\

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called an A Frame and they are worse than extension...

Dec 20, 2018, 11:07 AM

ladders. You left out the middle extension which goes straight up.

This guy probably has a kid named The Wall....

Dec 20, 2018, 9:02 AM

genius.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Epic way to secure a college fund.***

Dec 20, 2018, 9:41 AM

can we enslave the illegals to build it?

Dec 20, 2018, 9:42 AM

thats legal even under the 13th Amendment

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 3:52 PM

Almost up to 7 million now. It will be 10 million by the morning I bet. It's pretty impressive.

Dec 20, 2018, 5:12 PM

No matter how you may personally feel about the border wall and just how much it will curb illegal immigration and drug flow, I don't see how anyone could criticize people for trying to pay for the wall themselves via GoFundMe.

It's not quite Mexico paying for it, but as long as the government isn't having to pay for all of it and add even more to our untenable and insane deficit, I say go for it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2018, 2:04 PM

Turns out this guy is a POS. What a shock.

Source?

Jan 3, 2019, 11:19 AM

nm

Meh

Jan 3, 2019, 11:59 AM

The page contains no substantive reasons the wall would be effective or worth the cost. If you read the guys plea, it really sounds like it's more about Trump "winning" by actualizing his campaign promise. I obviously respect this person a great deal for the unimaginable personal sacrifice he made on behalf of our great country, but this page contains nothing but sophomoric intents.

In fairness to the guy,

Jan 3, 2019, 1:50 PM

at least he didn't bump pre-Christmas posts.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic