Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
'Think I'll say something slap #### crazy....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

'Think I'll say something slap #### crazy....

Aug 27, 2015, 4:25 PM

so they'll stop talking about my e-mails'....

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/hillary-clinton-equates-gop-stance-women-terrorists-views/story?id=33359604

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You know, I don't know who said it.

Aug 27, 2015, 4:28 PM

But someone said something along the lines of this: when a politician starts labeling one group of Americans as the enemy, it's time we take a step back and really examine the person's character. We need to be looking at that with all these candidates, and this theory applies very well to Hillary in this case.

I don't agree with a lot of conservative views on women, but c'mon, MC Pant Suit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Yep...it is perhaps what I dislike most about....

Aug 27, 2015, 9:50 PM

President Obama...he doesn't this kind of sheet (only to a slightly lesser degree normally) all of the dang time. It's ridiculous.

I am "very" pro-life, but I can respect the opinion of most pro-choice folks, as long as their consistent with their beliefs. I think life begins at conception. Others think life begins at birth or when the baby is viable. I don't agree with them, but it's not a completely unreasonable position.

What I do not respect is folks who say they are pro-choice and believe life begins when babies are viable without the mother...and then go on to say they want abortions to be rare and want to work to reduce them and not have them be a form of birth control. Which forces me to ask...why?

Anyways..I got off point a bit....Hillary's comments were stupid and way over the top.

Re: Yep...it is perhaps what I dislike most about....

Aug 28, 2015, 9:19 AM

I disagree. Abortion of a fetus that is mature enough to survive outside the womb is, imo, clearly homocide. Homocide is sometimes justified when a human is a threat to another human but a newborn or soon to be newborn is not packing heat. If some radical feminist claims this stance is an attack on women she is a liar with a hard heart.

Did he not say he believes life begins at conception?***

Aug 28, 2015, 10:13 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Did he not say he believes life begins at conception?***

Aug 28, 2015, 11:07 AM

Yes but he alosaid that the other view at the extremes were reasonable positions. I think those opions are unreasonable.

You don't think believing life begins as soon as...

Aug 28, 2015, 11:25 AM

the baby is viable without the mother is a reasonable position? You think that's a crazy position?

Once again, respecting a well-formed opinion is not the same as agreeing with it.

I think we've gotten to the point in this country where too many thing that those with differing opinions are radical/crazy/enemies and so on. Sure, there ARE opinions that I disagree with that i also consider radical...but not all, or even most, of them.

Re: You don't think believing life begins as soon as...

Aug 28, 2015, 12:09 PM

I think that one is reasonable. The one I find not even worthy of discussion to be the one that believes that killing it right up to the birth date should be left up to the mother. Pehaps I misunderstood. Obama supposedly voted for a law in Illinois that allows doctors to kill a baby that somehow survives a late term abortion. That position is, i,o, criminal and not worthy of consideration.

In answer to your why...

Aug 28, 2015, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Yep...it is perhaps what I dislike most about.... ]

I'm going to reel of a few different answers. I will say that I am constantly frustrated by the attitude of many on the left who refuse to acknowledge that pro-life supporters are coming from a place of wanting to protect what they believe to be a human life and not from some nefarious place where they want to subjugate women. And I completely agree with you that we have gone off the deep end politically with assigning evil intent to our political opponents.

1) Abortion is a difficult decision for a person to make. It can have emotional and psychological repercussions in the future for some of the women who believe it is what they want in the moment. It's a much harder decision to make, with greater ramifications than whether or not to take a pill that keeps you from getting pregnant.

2) Believing life begins at viability does not mean you think the potential for life represented by a fetus has no value at all.

3) I think some people don't think that life begins at viability, they think that the point at which the life of the fetus becomes a greater consideration than the choice the pregnant woman has to make about keeping it occurs when it can survive outside the womb.

They think of it kind of the same way people think about collateral consequences in a just war. We don't want to kill innocent people in a war, but sometimes it happens. You can believe that killing is wrong and that a war is justified and therefore accept that some innocent people get killed when you fight a war. It doesn't make the deaths fair. Some people believe the mother's choice justifies the result until the child could survive without her. I'm not suggesting that this is a perfect analogy, only that some folks think the consequence of allowing the woman to decide her future in that moment is acceptable the same way others think the consequence of an innocent child being killed by a stray munition is acceptable.

4) Abortion is a medical procedure and carries inherent risks of it's own. If an unwanted baby can be avoided by contraception, it's preferable to an unwanted baby being avoided by medical procedure.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if only she'd a took that tractor out for a ride

Aug 27, 2015, 9:57 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She has said already that she won't back down from this.

Aug 28, 2015, 8:31 AM

No matter what your stance on abortion, it is pretty evenly divided among Americans as to pro or con. It just is.

And she just called 50% of Americans terrorists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

She won't lose any support for this and it distracts...

Aug 28, 2015, 10:06 AM

from the e-mails. I'm watching the news now and all coverage on comments...not much on e-mails.

Success

Oh, yeah. "Look over there!"***

Aug 28, 2015, 2:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic