Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things to consider
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Things to consider

Oct 23, 2016, 10:37 AM

So for the next five reg season games, hopefully ACC championship game and post season game or games,what are the serious issues that Clemson must strengthen in order to play 15 total games this season?

Mine are...

1. Find a leader on OLine to get these guys to dominate
- Eric Mac was a lion and he is missed.

2. Jeff S. and Tony E. need to get their groove back and outsmart some defenses down the road.
I wonder if one full year of in game play calling and adjustments are showing some tendencies. It does not look like we are catching people offguard this year.

3. WRs need to block better for run plays.
- We have to be able to run well in 1st and 3rd quarters.

4. QB DW4 plays above average for all games.
I think he is key to all of it but we need him and this team needs him to be best player on field without a doubt.. running, deep passes, etc.

We miss Eric Mac on OLine and Peake in our WR corps.

I hope for 15-0, and we shall see starting this coming Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Things to consider

Oct 23, 2016, 10:46 AM

5. limit turnovers

Well said ^^^^

Oct 23, 2016, 10:47 AM

They also have had so much talent that they don't know what to do with it. They have built depth but now it time to stick with your top players. I do think though That In learning how to use that talent would lead to package with Tavien Feaster and Wayne Gallman both in on 3Rd downs. FEASTER would be a nightmare for a linebacker to have to pickup so dangerous out of the backfield on screens to keep people off Watson. You have to remember this guy is almost 1.5 tenths of a second faster than Lamar Jackson.....so you think any linebacker can keep up in coverage....I don't. In a more joking manner I think Bret Venables should coach the OLine. We do néed a under center jumbo for push for that all so difficult 4 in for some odd reason we like to make 6 yards.

Re: Well said ^^^^

Oct 23, 2016, 10:50 AM

I meant BV should coach the OLine as well as the defense. I garentee those holes would open up or Dex, Pagano, Wilkins, and Watkins will play both ways. We know they can get a push.

Re: Well said ^^^^

Oct 23, 2016, 10:50 AM [ in reply to Well said ^^^^ ]

I meant BV should coach the OLine as well as the defense. I garentee those holes would open up or Dex, Pagano, Wilkins, and Watkins will play both ways. We know they can get a push.

Oct 23, 2016, 11:01 AM

Re:Things to consider
Take one game at a time.
That's why I'm glad we have the coaching staff we have.

Oct 23, 2016, 11:04 AM

Games wouldn't be close this year if DW hit deep routes, receivers didn't drop balls, and obviously cut down on turnovers.

Oct 23, 2016, 11:34 AM

I think we have enough games under the belt to know what the team is. It is time for the coaching staff to recognize weaknesses and coach around them. My keys for the stretch run would be:

1. Emphasize taking care of the ball and knowing when to give up on a play. I appreciate the fight but it has caused many of our fumbles the last 2 years.

2. We are not go to beat teams running between the tackles. Do it enough to keep teams honest and start attacking the perimeter with Gallman and Scott.

3. Find ways to spell LBs during the game. Bouleware looked completely gassed at the end of the NC State game. Getting Williams back will help. Would like to see more of Lamar. Probably not this week though.

4. A little more creativity and sense of urgency in play calling. Maybe run pass options with DW on the rollout. Love the Feaster and Gallman in the backfield as a change of pace. Worked for OU last year.

5. Agree with O line leadership. They need to get some fire and start moving in the run game.

Oh and make it clear that the Tigers will always be the more physical team!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OVERALL Dominant Lines last game was:

Oct 23, 2016, 12:57 PM

Wolfies..at least way too many times to suit me & DaBO!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic