Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC network question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

SEC network question

Aug 1, 2014, 11:36 AM

Someone has written up in another thread that the new SEC network will add another 20 million dollar per school on top of the 20 million dollar that they are getting now. Is this true ? I hope it is not !!! Do we know the true expected number for the addition of the network ..

I also heard that the ACC network in consideration but we are at least two or three years out

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Some info

Aug 1, 2014, 12:28 PM

Every single SEC school will make more money off the SEC Network than Texas makes off the Longhorn Network. That's right, Mississippi State and Vanderbilt and Arkansas and, oh yes, Texas A&M will all make more money by combining their assets together and selling them than Texas will make by going it alone.

the SEC Network is the most successful network launch in ESPN history. That's not a coincidence

Look at that revenue drop off after the top five sports networks. It's extraordinary. The SEC Network is poised to bring in more revenue than the Big Ten Network and the Pac 12 Network combined, with $120 million more to spare on top of that.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/sec-network-poised-to-be-fifth-most-lucrative-sports-network-in-country-072214

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/every-sec-school-will-make-more-tv-money-than-texas-notre-dame-072314

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes- some predict it to double

Aug 1, 2014, 12:31 PM

The Big 12 commish expects their revenue to double eventually- so the SEC can expect to at least double- and maybe pull in more than that

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/article437058/Big-money-headed-to-Big-12-SEC-schools-thanks-to-giant-revenue-distribution.html

Re: Some info

Aug 1, 2014, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Some info ]

Don't know but on a facebook post this morning someone wrote that Charter will not carry the SCE Network.

Aug 1, 2014, 12:58 PM

Google is your friend.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/07/charter_communications_finaliz.html

Aug 1, 2014, 1:35 PM

Thanks Little Moose68. The poster this morning is from South Carolina. A Coot fan no less. Don't know if what happens in Alabama will effect on Charter in South Carolina.
I gave up my cable about two years ago. Could not be happier.

Aug 1, 2014, 1:42 PM

Charter is Charter.

They will offer it in South Carolian too if/when it is finalized.

I still don't understand espn involvement

Aug 1, 2014, 1:31 PM [ in reply to Some info ]

If games are on the SEC network, I presume that they are not on Espn. Hence, does not this automatically devalue espn worth

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

They get their money anyway

Aug 1, 2014, 1:38 PM

and since they are involved (neck deep) - the better the SEC Network does- the better ESPN does.

It's why they have ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3 - all of those can take away form the main ESPN - but it all goes in the same pot.

Not sure if it is the same purse

Aug 1, 2014, 3:28 PM

When each school in the sec gets 20 million, then this is not going to espn .. The only way I see them benefit the same way as before if the end consumer pays higher for their cable subscription

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

When the NCAA lawsuit dust settles

Aug 1, 2014, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Some info ]

It won't matter anymore. I have a feeling it's all about to come crashing down sadly. Crap like this, dumping ridiculous amounts of money on the schools, is going to be the driving force behind the death of college football as we know it.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Projections, though likely, aren't necessarily correct.

Aug 1, 2014, 1:29 PM

They don't factor in that more people hate the SEC than like the SEC. Arrogance, and the SEC is full of it, eventually turns most folks away and they cheer wildly when you start to fall.
New rules involving concussions will level the playing field to a small degree. Also, any new rule regarding academics, thanks UNC for this possibility, will also hurt the SEC. Guess who the big winner in all of this will be? Clemson !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Things are looking very strong though

Aug 1, 2014, 1:33 PM

All the major players are carrying the network except for Direct- and that's probably coming soon.

The fact that some hate the SEC is irrelevant. Most of those folks still tune in at some point.

The SEC network will fail to deliver

Aug 1, 2014, 1:35 PM

Who is going to watch Alabama-Troy when they could be watching LSU-MsSt or something similar? The only decent matchup they will have all year will be TAMU-USuC. After that is will crappy games up against decent games. All it will do is take butts out of seats at games.

Re: The SEC network will fail to deliver

Aug 1, 2014, 1:46 PM

Bama fans will watch Bama- Troy-

Auburn fans too

and just like a lot of college football fans do on Saturdays- they'll watch whatever is on at the time.

A lot of these games will be what you would normally watch on your local ABC or NBC station on a Saturday afternoon- and stations have carried those games for years. They didn't need big ratings for them to make money off of them.

They don't need primetime style ratings to be a success.

They are charging premium numbers for the SEC Network to simply be offered per subscriber- so they make their money either way.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic