Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Things are getting pretty bad in Tally.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,396

Things are getting pretty bad in Tally.....

Sep 16, 2019, 11:49 AM

I lived in Tally for about a dozen years and they are a dedicated, if not terribly spoiled the 30 years, fan base. I've heard it both ways from my friends still there - most blame Jimbo and are willing to give Willie a little more grace, but they're getting pretty short fused with these poor performances and blown leads lately.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27628873/young-fsu-fan-sells-lemonade-buy-taggart

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some coaches for whatever reason just do not work out in

Sep 16, 2019, 12:04 PM

certain situations. I am reminded of Tyrone Willingham coming from Stanford to Notre Dame. His tenure at Notre Dame seemed doomed from the start, very similar to Taggart at FSU, I fear. One more year at best, could be gone even before the end of this year if something good doesn't happen real soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the biggest things is just the apathy. Jimbo was

Sep 16, 2019, 12:07 PM

such a D!ck type personality that when you watch Willie he's the total opposite. He's too polite and too reserved and to go from those two types of extremes you wonder is the admin going too soft so that they don't have to deal with football controlling the school like it used to. Jimbo made it clear that he thought the admin and he were not on the same page. Which meant they were pulling back on the budget. Now you bring in this "nice" guy and you're seeing the worst results on the field. I think the fans are seeing a significant nose dive. They're the CRIMINOLES for goodness sakes! They like knowing they have a bunch of thugs and dawgs on their team. Now your trying to wash the image and its just foreign to them. And i don't think will work.

Buy out Taggart to get who?***

Sep 16, 2019, 12:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

No Clemson fan should ever ask this. People used to ask

Sep 16, 2019, 12:45 PM

this all the time when the subject of getting rid of Tommy Bowden came up. It was usually Bowden apologists who thought Clemson was lucky to have him (he thought the same thing).

The next best HC in the nation was already an employee of the Clemson athletic dept. I'm not saying the next Dabo is on the FSU staff. Probably not. But, young, intelligent, hungry coaches are out there and would jump at the chance to coach in Tallahassee. The FSU admin has to smarten up or be replaced, as well.

Conquered. ***

Sep 16, 2019, 12:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Terry Bowden is warming up in the bullpen ...

Sep 16, 2019, 1:04 PM

It's no accident that he's at Clemson right now.

He is the heir apparent to the Seminole's woes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Terry Bowden is warming up in the bullpen ...

Sep 16, 2019, 4:04 PM

that's pretty stupid to be honest

Sep 16, 2019, 1:06 PM

Teaching a young kid to hate the coach rather than simply support the team?

Small child in Columbia is selling mixed drinks

Sep 16, 2019, 2:15 PM

at the Farmer's Market to buy out Muschamp. Clemson children raise more money for u5c to keep him.

Couldn't happen to a better bunch. ***

Sep 16, 2019, 3:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,396
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic