Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The cockroach gameday experience isn't what it used to be...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The cockroach gameday experience isn't what it used to be...

Dec 2, 2019, 8:54 AM

we weren't pelted with doo doo ice, nobody tried to start a fight in the parking lot, no drunks cursed us as we left, and dirtpecker fans were actually subdued and not flapping their beaks as they filed out en masse in the 3rd quarter.

The "rivalry" (if you can even call it that anymore) has lost all of its meaning---it's become nothing more than a glorified scrimmage for our 1st team. You can actually see when our guys play with intensity, and then take their foot off the gas. The talent disparity on the field has gotten so big that wife of RB asked me during the game "Why are their players so slow?" Our players are just stronger and faster--that's now more obvious than I can recall during my 30+ years of watching us play the dirtpeckers.

With that said, this couldn't be happening to a better bunch---it's almost like karma has literally dropped a hydrogen bomb squarely on the coot football operations center. So while I feel no pity for their delusional fans, I actually found myself missing a competitive "rivalry" game on Saturday. Kind of hard to explain but when you grow up in SC the game used to mean something due to the family allegiances, friends who went to both schools, etc.---it's turned into a joke.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I've noticed the same thing with my Bamacoot relatives

Dec 2, 2019, 8:59 AM

It's like we really have beaten the will out of them. With the passing of the 5-bomb, they have absolutely nothing anymore. Most of my kin down't even want to TALK football. They just want to grab a thanksgiving plate and hide in the shadows. It does kind of feel like the end of an era of rivalry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I noticed the same thing Thursday before the game.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:07 AM

None of my wife's family wore gamecock shirts and none wanted to talk about football this year at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I noticed the same thing Thursday before the game.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:10 AM

I can recall my father (may he rest in peace) arguing with his coot cousin and almost coming to blows with him one year out by our shed, lol. It's like they've lost all their passion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Re: I noticed the same thing Thursday before the game.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:28 AM

It's what happens when a dog is neutered, and I guess it happens in chickens, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The cockroach gameday experience isn't what it used to be...

Dec 2, 2019, 9:05 AM

Win. Keep everyone healthy and eligible for the next game. Leave.

Fine by me.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:07 AM

You know, I am "OK" with not having a "rival"... but then again, I think GT will be decent enough in a couple of years. For me, GT has more personal relationship bragging rights. I honestly associate with very few coots. Then again, most of my associates have advanced degrees.

I had a "play date" with my 4yo son's best friend on Sunday and their parents are Jawja alum and a Coot supporting PC alum. Sure, he "supports" the coots but going to PC we give him a pass. Some folks just like supporting losers. It was kinda funny that the whole time the PC coot was needling Jawja. Any talk about Clemson was mum. We talked more about the Jawja/Tech game.

As for the other rivalry, I want to see FSU back. I work with four FSU folks.

On a plus side, my brother's (recently married, new baby) new family is UVA (and GT too). So I will have a new bit of needling coming as I definately saw a UVA shirt and gave them congratulations for ending 15 years and reminded them that their next opponent had a 29 year streak on them. I will be happy with 4 for now.

It was a nooner ... they only had a buzz.***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:13 AM

Re: It was a nooner ... they only had a buzz.***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:15 AM

Oh, there were plenty of them drinking Natty Lite in the parking lot for breakfast, I can assure you. But they knew they were going to lose---their little chicken hearts weren't into it. It was strange.

Screw Calford.

We've broken their spirit.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:14 AM

Time to find a new rival.

They’ve become submissive.

Dec 2, 2019, 9:18 AM

I hope they stay irrelevant forever!!!!***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:20 AM

Re: I hope they stay irrelevant forever!!!!***

Dec 2, 2019, 9:32 AM

Based on past history, and the fact that some things never change, I would say you have nothing to worry about when it comes to coot relevance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 12:07 PM

Cock-a-Doo-Doo 2 U!

38-3

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1,2,3,4...1,2,3,4,...

Dec 2, 2019, 7:26 PM

Bill, YOU DA MAN!

Re: 1,2,3,4...1,2,3,4,...

Dec 2, 2019, 7:38 PM [ in reply to 1,2,3,4...1,2,3,4,... ]

I sat here glued to my chair enjoying it to the fullest, yelling when we scored or our D made a nice stop. But when the game was over I didn't have that "feel" like I have had in the past. Maybe it was the fact we were so dominant during the game and the outcome was never in doubt.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 12:32 PM

Was the tailgate parking lot sex tradition still alive or have they lost interest in that also?

Dec 2, 2019, 12:38 PM

No, seems that the gamecocks of gone limp on that tradition. Not even a little blue pill helps them anymore.

Dec 2, 2019, 8:28 PM

I wonder if you took them back in time and said you can win 5 in a row against the Tigers but after those 5 years the Gamecock program would sink to lower depths than ever and Clemson would win 3 Nattys in the following 6 years would they take that deal?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic