Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU

Dec 27, 2019, 10:05 AM

Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU

According to our good friends at TicketIQ, ticket prices for the 2019 Playstation Fiesta Bowl featuring No. 2 Ohio State and No. 3 Clemson are dropping at a fai Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU

Dec 27, 2019, 10:13 AM

Duh.

Flying ALLLLL the way to Phoenix, drive to Scottsdale, 3 hour game, drive back to Phoenix, fly home all day the next day.

Or.

Watch it at home.

Please let the CFP committee know that this Phoenix trip sucks, is expensive (right after the holidays, difficult to get a flight into Pheonix and should really be re-evaluated and moved to a more conducive location to both teams.

Love for you to tell us how they could do that.***

Dec 27, 2019, 10:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love for you to tell us how they could do that.***

Dec 27, 2019, 10:29 AM

Pretty easy. Top seed gets a home game. Yes, that means we'd be in Columbus tomorrow. Have the National Championship at a neutral site in Dallas every year. Central part of the U.S. with cheap flights

Since I live in Dallas, I’d be in favor of this

Dec 27, 2019, 1:49 PM

Dec 27, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to Love for you to tell us how they could do that.*** ]

Given the new playoff, for me the bowls are meaningless. If we are in the semi final I don’t care if it’s called the Mickey Mouse bowl. If the 1-2 seeds got a home game out of it, I for one would be headed to Clemson in the morning, even if tickets were $1000. A $1000 ticket would be a relative bargain compared to the cost of going to the west coast. Not to mention the time investment. I care nothing about the bowls and the preseason neutral site stuff, get the college games on campus - that’s what it’s all about for me.

Dec 27, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Love for you to tell us how they could do that.*** ]

Simple:

Have multiple NFL locations available based on proximity to the championship teams. You think that having the 4 locations is the only possibility?

The CFP committee could literally pull open stadiums from any of the 32 NFL teams - anyone would take it on for the extra funds. Any mayor would welcome the millions of tourist dollars that follow.

Dec 27, 2019, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU ]

But it's one of the six "classic" bowl games. I think the Gator Bowl is a classic bowl game too. Maybe they could switch.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2019, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU ]

LOL ..... All of the tickets are sold at face value the resellers are now losing money on what they have not resold.

The stands will be full unlike most of the other bowl games played in empty stadiums.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:29 AM

I doubt it will be completely full. It wasn’t for Clemson/Bama a full years back. It wasn’t for the ACC Championship.

They may report the game as “sold out” because brokers have grabbed all of the face-value sales. But the after-market does not sell out. You won’t see the empty seats too often on TV, as the networks work hard to conceal them. But you see them if you are at the game, they are usually in the upper decks. Which is why if you can be flexible and wait until right before the game, you can get great prices.

Dec 27, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU ]

I disagree. I have found ticket and hotel prices for a Phoenix-based game less expensive. Simply for the reason there is far less competition than Atlanta. We went to the Bama game in Glendale and easily secured attractively priced great seats and rooms, right before the game. We used airline points to secure flight.

Now the time factor is a different matter. You really need to give yourself two nights out there so that it’s not ridiculously rushed.

yeah but it's another 1000 per person just to get there

Dec 27, 2019, 10:31 AM

still way cheaper than NO will be

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have checked on Stubhub since...

Dec 27, 2019, 10:42 AM

The game was announced; right now there are tickets for $63. The lowest was $61 so far, went back up to $69....

But, it is a bit misleading because there is a fee for each ticket that I seem to be surprised by each time I have bought tickets on there.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have checked on Stubhub since...

Dec 27, 2019, 10:42 AM [ in reply to yeah but it's another 1000 per person just to get there ]

The game was announced; right now there are tickets for $63. The lowest was $61 so far, went back up to $69....

But, it is a bit misleading because there is a fee for each ticket that I seem to be surprised by each time I have bought tickets on there.

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have checked on Stubhub since...

Dec 27, 2019, 11:22 AM

Yes, that’s how Stubhub, SeatGeek, Ticketmaster, and a host of others make their money. Realize that the prices you see are uplifted another 25% or more. You have to click further into those specific seats to see exactly what those fees are.

Some of the brokers have an option to view the seat prices “with all fees”, right up front. Those are much more helpful.

They're still more expensive than South Carolina's

Dec 27, 2019, 10:51 AM

Yeah I went there.

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Still a lot more than the Coots' bowl

Dec 27, 2019, 11:59 AM

Yeah I went there :)

Now THIS is HD at its finest!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Still a lot more than the Coots' bowl

Dec 27, 2019, 12:53 PM

No, you didn’t

Dec 27, 2019, 1:59 PM

Until the PAC12 becomes relevant, like have a team in the CFP 2 out of every 3 years consistently, there should not be a semi-final or championship game West of the Mississippi River with the exception of Dallas.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Ticket prices dropping for Clemson-OSU***

Dec 27, 2019, 3:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 27, 2019, 3:39 PM

Because College Football is a way of life in the South. Most other parts of the country it’s a pastime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic