Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
On a DIFFERENT Clemson board that I frequent, dey's some
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 474

On a DIFFERENT Clemson board that I frequent, dey's some

Sep 13, 2019, 12:50 PM

interesting folk that do interesting things. One guy is a part-time farmer, like, I think he has a real 9-5, but he has land with chickens and goats and sheep and maybe even a few cows. He's also a beekeeper, and has 20 or so hives. So I've upped my bee knowledge by reading his posts. He takes 5 or 6 hives from Upstate up into the mountains on a flatbed every July-ish to put his bees on the blooming sourwood. Sourwood honey is the finest on the planet. Some couple in NC has won Best In World at some international honey competition multiple times with their sourwood, and it's ridiculously priced on the interwebs as a result.

This feller here hasn't gotten around to marking his up much more than his regular honey, so a quart of sourwood is only $25. Anybody else would sell it for double that, and have no problem unloading it. He brought me a gallon of sourwood to the tailgate last Saturday (pops made him a pen15). Guy walked a good half mile with 14 lbs. of honey in plastic grocery bags.

And yesterday, and different feller who lives in Alabama stopped by on his way to Seabrook to drop off some stuff his local likker store got in a few months ago. These are 15 year (and 2 months, I believe) 120 proof bourbons, for $50. That's pretty unheard of these days. Cracked open the Creamed Corn bottle last night, and it's firewater. A splash of water opened it up spectacularly though. A reasonable guess would be "over-oaked" on a 15 year whiskey, but this was balanced quite well. Will try the Sweet Oak tonight.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet Oak sounds better anyway, fwiw***

Sep 13, 2019, 12:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you just come in here to tell us how much cooler your

Sep 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

other friends are?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just internet friends,

Sep 13, 2019, 12:54 PM

but yes, basically. You guys need to start thinking less about yourselves and more about what you can do for me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"typical" - TigermanAC***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:04 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

What can I do for you, you say?

Sep 13, 2019, 1:20 PM [ in reply to They're just internet friends, ]

Maybe im overeaching here or whatever, but i have a very deep plight bout someone from my past whom i have deemed worthy of what i can give them. i can say it to my ex gf this person is a abusive ####### and i eyed him down as i wrapped my arms around his wife and told her i love her so hoping that that would start a fight amongst myself and this stupid prick, i wanted to fight him. he wouldnt even so much as get out of the truck to defend his wife because daddy said so{ his daddy,not mine}. as a man and a viking, i stood up against this piece of #### without batting an eye. i was willing to fight and die for my woman and her children whom he abused in multiple ways. i looked that evil piece of #### in the eye and i was ready for warfare. i did what was needed for warfare, and yet here i stand all alone, empty, broken hearted, in lovewith someone who doesnt want to accept me for who we truly are badass ############# who wont accept ######## from little boys which want to hurt you. and this is my vikings plight, do we simply let go of the past, or do we figth for what we beleive is right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have another group?

Sep 13, 2019, 12:58 PM

So youre saying its not just us?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He’s only using them for Pen15 sales.

Sep 13, 2019, 1:03 PM

He really loves us.

what is this underground hangout you speak of***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:04 PM

Comment section of Yahoo News.***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:05 PM

Re: what is this underground hangout you speak of***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:07 PM [ in reply to what is this underground hangout you speak of*** ]

He sleeps with cows?

Sep 13, 2019, 1:07 PM

oh I misread that

He has 20 or so wives?

Sep 13, 2019, 1:08 PM

oh I misread that

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, you haven't even seen him, much less his wife

Sep 13, 2019, 1:09 PM [ in reply to He sleeps with cows? ]

and you are judging

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss the 90s when we could just judge all day long

Sep 13, 2019, 1:32 PM

w/o being called out

#MeToo***

Sep 13, 2019, 1:34 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can get some unBeelievable pics of his bees if he needs

Sep 13, 2019, 1:09 PM

$25 for sourwood?

Sep 13, 2019, 2:31 PM

Our Mennonite beekeeping neighbor of our NC farm sells his for much less than that. Although most of the time they just try and give us a few jars.

And yes, sourwood is so much better than the rest.

Pro-tip: If your sourwood (LOL) crystalizes after it ages, you can put the jar in a pot of water and heat it up. It will dissolve the crystalized honey back to a liquid.

I probably wouldn't use a Mennonite as the benchmark for

Sep 13, 2019, 3:42 PM

supply and demand capitalism. But hey...great hookup you got there!

First guy is childhood friend of mine. Great guy.

Sep 13, 2019, 3:00 PM

Him walking a half mile with 14lbs of honey to sell/give sounds about right, lol.

Replies: 19
| visibility 474
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic