Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl selection Info
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Football Update: Chick-Fil-A Bowl selection Info

Dec 1, 2011, 10:56 PM

Chick-Fil-A Bowl selection Info

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope they love them some VT***

Dec 1, 2011, 11:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Mark Schlabach couldn't hold Larry Williams' jock

Dec 1, 2011, 11:02 PM

He was on that like 3 days ago.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^^^^^^ Larry Williams ^^^^^^^^^^^***

Dec 1, 2011, 11:14 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

then Auburn will get to lose back to back games to VT and

Dec 1, 2011, 11:05 PM

Clemson... nice

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure what VT vs Auburn has to do with us playing Auburn

Dec 1, 2011, 11:27 PM

at the beginning of next year.

If we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Dec 2, 2011, 8:54 AM

I don't want to have to play Auburn again. One of the fun things about bowl game is playing someone you don't normally get to play. Rematch games are such a downer...

Re: If we end up in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Dec 2, 2011, 9:36 AM

Especially the way we're playing right now...nothing like a dose of our defense to make an anemic offense (like Auburn's) look great!

MT

This is what is has come down to, Belk Bowl...

Dec 2, 2011, 12:06 PM

I know this is crazy but now we are talking about Belk Bowls, Fight For Hunger Bowl, etc...What has this all come to. Used to be able to tell where the Bowl was. Still think we should call it the Peach Bowl, Citrus Bowl, Tangerine, etc...I honestly have no idea what the Belk Bowl is. Which is all more reason we should go to a playoff. 65 teams I think will make a bowl (out of 100) Seriously if you can't make a bowl game you ought to be fired. Used to be a privilege to go to one.

That's pretty cool that 65 teams will make a bowl

Dec 2, 2011, 12:12 PM

#kevinsteelemath

ACC loser can't fall below Sun Bowl

Dec 2, 2011, 12:15 PM [ in reply to This is what is has come down to, Belk Bowl... ]

so there's no Belk Bowls in our future

GO TIGERS

Who cares?

Dec 2, 2011, 3:49 PM

Bowl games are meaningless post-season exhibition games. The only important post-season game in CFB is the BCS title game. Winning or losing the Orange, Chick-Fil-A, Sun, Belk, whatever -- has no bearing at all on the season. Don't fall for the hype and rhetoric that bowl games mean a thing.

Re: Who cares?

Dec 2, 2011, 5:30 PM

disagree with ya there. the BCS games DO matter on account of the massive amount of revenue generated for both the schools and the conferences. I know each respective bowl pays out and the better your bowl the better the check but the BCS games stand alone when referring to the payout to each school and conference. The money going into the conference then gets split between all schools to help improve the overall conference so you minor schools that have no shot (right now) at making a big bowl still receive a portion of the revenue to help improve their school and hopefully that translates into the conference improving top to bottom.

They're a lot of fun, don't really care what you think***

Dec 2, 2011, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Who cares? ]

GO TIGERS

Re: They're a lot of fun, don't really care what you think***

Dec 2, 2011, 5:36 PM

bowl games became a joke back in the 90s. the first carqest auto parts bowl in 95 gave the the coots their first bowl victory. 100 years after they started playing football!!

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic