Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Listened to a little of Cornblew's show last night and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Listened to a little of Cornblew's show last night and

Oct 3, 2018, 7:42 AM

finally understand that the delusion surrounding the Gamecock program starts at the top and in the media. Cornblew said he just didn't understand the Gamecocks struggles and said "this team had SEC East contender written all over it". I don't know what team he is watching. Last year SCAR was the luckiest team I have ever witnessed, collecting more timely turnovers than is probable. They got worked by NC State and still won. They should have lost to La Tech, Tenn, and Vandy and pulled those out thanks to miracle turnovers and implosion by the other team. The 2017 team was a 5-7 team that finished 9-4 thanks to a plethora of unlikely breaks.

They couldn't run the ball last year, and still can't this year. Bentley is the #80 ranked QB in efficiency, panics in the pocket, and disappears in big games. The wide receiver corps can't catch, the defense can't tackle, and Deebo is overrated.

The players parrot this mantra "they are no better than us" about their competition and this attitude is reflected in their play as a lack of focus and preparation. It's obvious this attitude comes from the head coach. Cornblew said they "need to get by Missouri", lol, Missou might just kick your tails!

I have always wondered why the fans have this odd, inflated view of their team. I mean, outside of a couple good years under Spurrier, they have had less success than Wake Forest. It is clear the media, staff, and administration surrounding this program fails to grasp where the are, therefore cannot create a clear vision into the future. Let's hope they keep it up!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll never understand tha suppier only

Oct 3, 2018, 7:48 AM

had those FEW good years because of Bowden getting fired @ Clemson and Fulmer getting fired @ Tennessee the same year. Had either one of those retained their job that season, those in state recruits wind up there LOL

The stars will never line up like that for them again.HOF coach at the helm,in state talent Your rival and Tennessee firing their coaches.

Spurrier could win at Florida, they fired Chump

Re: Listened to a little of Cornblew's show last night and

Oct 3, 2018, 8:02 AM

“need to get by Missouri"

Missouri and the Coots have one common opponent. Missouri was competitive for 3 qtrs. The Coots got smoked from the start. A reasonable person would conclude that Missouri is a better team. This isn’t a lesser team for them to “get by”. Delusions.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They Need To Stop Trying to "OUT-SEC" Other Teams.

Oct 3, 2018, 8:02 AM

They have always suffered from the delusion that because they are active members of the Church of the SEC SEC that they can line up and "Out-SEC" the perennial great programs of this league and play smash-mouth football....Well...they can't!

They just don't get enough talent and depth to win smash mouth games. They need to either slow the game down and limit possessions like a Wisconsin or Stanford type program and have a stable of RB's that will need oxygen from the numbers of carries or you will need to go tempo and wear out 350 SEC linemen...

If they want to be an explosive offense that will bring in outstanding QB's and WR's then they need to call Lane Kiffin or Mike Leach...I am more partial to Leach because all this guy knows how to do is build failing programs. He's flamboyant and would be fun to watch...Kiffin is an offensive guru and is one of the best recruiters in the nations.

I like Coach Boom, but he needs to be a defensive coordinator. That is his calling. He was great for USC during the post Spurrier ERA but with the ridiculous amount of money this school has it is time to get the checkbook out and bring in an offensive gun. I say Kiffin or Mike Leach is a no-brainer.

But what they will continue to do is recycle washed up HC's, untested Coordinators end simply expect that because they are an SEC school that should be enough to win...

Finally, USC pride will never admit it, but you guys should return to the ACC....I know it will never happen, but that is the best fit...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: They Need To Stop Trying to "OUT-SEC" Other Teams.

Oct 3, 2018, 8:27 AM

I never knew he was a DC for the Trojans. Also, maybe the Trojans have been down lately, but they have an amazing tradition they should be proud of. Now uscjr, is a different story.

there main issue is running back/running game.

Oct 3, 2018, 8:37 AM

Bentley isn't good enough to carry the load all by himself. And there RB looks like a slot receiver. Its alot hard to win without Marcus Lattimore. Which is why i thought it was cruel that ML went there just to get their hopes up like that...oh well.

^ All Good Reads & Spot On about COXs Team & Program

Oct 3, 2018, 8:41 AM

But I Could Care Less About Them & Their Zealous Jealous Crude Rude Fans!

How was that?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

coots getting out worked

Oct 3, 2018, 8:45 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Listened to a little of Cornblew's show last night and

Oct 3, 2018, 8:59 AM

If you can understand them, you are a better man than myself. I try and explain it to folks outside SC and it is tough. The only explanation I can give folks is this: Name the only public Ag/Tech/Land Grant school with a better academic reputation that the state flagship university. That stumps most folks. I know of Clemson and Purdue. (Sometimes Auburn vs Alabama as they are often tied). Then ask yourself 'why?'.

The trick that I used is that "merit" has never been highly valued or encouraged at USC. They will chase anything else that glitters but when it comes to ethics, grit, and 'earned' results, it is an alien concept through and through the University that bleeds over into football and sports. Case in point: departure from the ACC. The wanted to "win" but did not care of their team was literate. Rather than face that "challenge" (or at least get as creative as UNC), they just up and left. They want to be a SEC team but would much rather be a whipping boy than a serious contender because they want the SEC reputation without the work. Comes to their coaching philosophy. They rather hire Florida/ other program cast-offs "names" than develop coaching talent. Their "best" coaches were other program cast-offs in the modern-ish era. Dietzel, Spurrier, Carlen, Holtz. Compared that to all of our best coaches being internal hires. Sometimes they trip over a Spurrier (he could win a Duke). Heck, they get lucky with other coaching talent every so often but it is always a flash, never sustained. Thus "luck" seems to be a major factor for their success. Luck is always good and sometimes needed... but real success is generated by "earned luck" aka success through hustle and that just is not a USC core value. They rather have instant glitter over sweat equity.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic