Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Am I the only one that thinks SC skates on this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,031

Am I the only one that thinks SC skates on this

Apr 27, 2012, 10:59 AM

I'm not pulling for it, but they barely did anything to UNC for their cheating scandal. I think it'll be a slap on the wrist, at best. Hope I'm wrong, but the NCAA hasn't proven to me they have the balls to bring real punishment to any school lately.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I am in agreement with you.

Apr 27, 2012, 11:00 AM

And they'll be clucking at 3:30 about getting away with everything because they are in the SEC, etc.

Re: Am I the only one that thinks SC skates on this

Apr 27, 2012, 11:01 AM

Be more like an upper body cast

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 'Ole Ball Coach' gets a pass.***

Apr 27, 2012, 11:02 AM

Re: The 'Ole Ball Coach' gets a pass.***

Apr 27, 2012, 11:03 AM

Might be a bus pass out of town

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

has Miami ever been dealt with

Apr 27, 2012, 11:04 AM

seems they are the ones that will get whacked except their former AD is at the NCAA now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nah, i'm with ya on this too...doubt the NCAA

Apr 27, 2012, 11:05 AM

has the cajones to do anything

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 27, 2012, 11:09 AM

I think they will get the self-imposed sanctions and that is it. The bottom line is everything is political. It's not cut and dry on the rules and consequences as it should be. Whether you like him or hate him, Spurrier is respected in the ranks of college ball and he has a rep. of running a fairly clean program. Therefore, I think he gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to the ruling on this one. I hope at some point they can get the rules more clearly defined with definite consequences for specific actions.

Apr 27, 2012, 11:13 AM

I have the same feeling but still wondering if the repeart offender status is going to play a roll.

Apr 27, 2012, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Am I the only one that thinks SC skates on this ]

As a Carolina fan I, of course, am hoping for minimal punishment. That being said, I have to agree with this post. I know there are a variety of circumstances and contingincies in every case but there has to be some way to quantify certain violations and what their punishment is. They already call violations by the names major and minor. So there is at least some standard in place. Everything else, including punishments, should be standardized as much as possible. In this case it happens to be my favorite team that may benefit from the lack of clarity. Still, I'd be much happier with a system that tries to treat every school equally.

Apr 27, 2012, 11:18 AM

Hate to admit it but I think they get a slap on the wrist; reduced schollies and vacated wins. In essence, nothing of any real consequence. But it is fun to watch the dirt peckers squirm a little.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Yep, no way it will be bad nm

Apr 27, 2012, 11:29 AM

nm

I think they get a little more, but not much

Apr 27, 2012, 11:35 AM

Their self imposed penalties were fairly light. Then they go and hire a compliance officer from Ohio State and a basketball coach with some questions. So I think that the NCAA will give them a little more just to show they aren't going to accept South Carolina basically thumbing their nose at the NCAA.

But no, South Carolina won't get "hammered."

Who cares ??

Apr 27, 2012, 11:42 AM

It wont change their arrest record, their bowl record, their championships won total, their mascot, their fan base, their location, ice, history, dependence on conference schools to brag about, desperate need to be the electric chair for coaches..

Did I leave anything out ? Regardless of the outcome, they will always remain a wart on the #### of progress!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'll get the "nerf" hammer...

Apr 27, 2012, 11:48 AM

tia

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,031
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic