Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Bama Were to Somehow Lose to Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,407

If Bama Were to Somehow Lose to Auburn

Nov 23, 2016, 3:43 PM

Committee would drop them to 4 move Clemson to 1 and still get the same game :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They'd fall no lower than 3. Mich/Ohio St play and one has

Nov 23, 2016, 3:53 PM

to lose. Alabama wins and we move to 3.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Bama Were to Somehow Lose to Auburn

Nov 23, 2016, 3:55 PM

so you think we jump michigan or ohio state?

Nov 23, 2016, 4:08 PM

They both looked like crap last week. If bama loses, and they both look like that again when they play each other, I could see us jumping all of them to #1.

Best case scenario (I think), Bama loses to Auburn, drops to 2nd/3rd, and wins the SEC title. Michigan wins, then wins the championship. Nobody else from big10 has legitimate claim on the playoff spot, they only get 1 team in. Michigan is 2nd/3rd (whatever Bama isn't). They play each other in glendale. Washington wins out and has to come to Atlanta to play us. We then play Bama in Tampa!

Pipe dream? Probably. I just hate to miss a game, and I can't afford to go back to Glendale this year. :(

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 23, 2016, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: If Bama Were to Somehow Lose to Auburn ]

I think both Michigan AND Ohio State will have two losses. If Michigan wins, they go to the Big 10 Championship game and get a Wisconsin team in a neutral stadium, whose Freshman QB isn't playing in his first game. If Ohio St wins, they won't win their conference. IF Washington wins out (calling a Wash St win) then by same number of losses, plus 1 more win, they as conference camps would have to get in over Ohio St. At least that's all my logic.
Now, the screwy part is if winner of OSU vs Mich loses Big 10 Champ game, AND Washington loses.... say hello to the fighting Mayfields! All that said, the only thing I really care about is that we do our part.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Plus OSU loses to Wisconsin in BiG Championship

Nov 23, 2016, 4:01 PM

Clemson is #1 and we play WHOEVER in Atl

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 23, 2016, 4:18 PM

Wrong , Bama would achieve the new ranking of 1a , and likely Clemson ends up 1b but you never can tell.who would get to sit beside bit slightly below the great Saban at the Championship banquet .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 23, 2016, 4:30 PM

Bama is not losing to Auburn or Florida
They will be undefeated until we beat them .
It's going to be the rematch form he ll

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,407
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic