Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 6,180

2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol

Jan 17, 2018, 1:50 PM

http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=235854

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism...

Jan 17, 2018, 1:54 PM

are clearly prerequisites for being and $CU fan.

That and an insatiable desire to procreate with your sister or first cousin.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism...

Jan 17, 2018, 2:21 PM

well, their schedule is really weak

Re: Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism...

Jan 17, 2018, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism... ]

Oooh and they're gonna beat UGA the 2nd week, they're amazing.

Who may be one in the same...

Jan 17, 2018, 7:52 PM [ in reply to Grandiose delusions and over-exaggerated optimism... ]

Go Tigers!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder how many will put they $ where they mouth is

Jan 17, 2018, 1:59 PM

Vegas should have their win total at 7 or 7.5

We'll see how many bet their Hardee's paychecks on the over.

Re: 2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol

Jan 17, 2018, 2:13 PM

What a delusional? Almost everyone is predicting a loss to Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Jan 17, 2018, 2:17 PM

The horseshoe has already fallen out of the coots' rear end. There will be no luck wins this year like N.C St., La. Tech, and Tenn. 5-7. The coots won in basketball last night. That is why '09 has magically appeared again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness

Jan 17, 2018, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol ]

Predicting a win AT Kentucky is a reach

UF,Tennessee and A&M all upgraded their HC positions and will not be wins for the Coots.Face it, all of em are higher up on the food chain than Chump.

Then there's UGA AND Clemson

That's 4-6 losses right there.

Re: In all fairness

Jan 17, 2018, 2:52 PM

Shocker the guy who was predicting 4-5 gamecock wins last year is predicting a low number again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Can you really blame him?

Jan 17, 2018, 6:17 PM

Afterall, it's not really improvement when the better record is entirely the result of playing a bunch of lousy opponents.

$CU had two, that's right just TWO, wins all season against teams with a winning record (NC State and Khaki Pants).

I heard one $CU fan say the Cawks were just a few plays away from winning ten games. When he didn't bother mentioning was that you were also just a few plays away from only winning four games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You had help with teams on your schedule firing coaches.

Jan 17, 2018, 6:26 PM [ in reply to Re: In all fairness ]

This year, those same teams have UPGRADED their coaches.

Get someone to explain it to you.

Like I said.

Winning @ Kentucky to end the streak is not a given.

Beating teams like UF,A&M and Tennessee,who have rosters as ,or more talented than yours,coupled with better coaches is a real reach.

UGA & Clemson ? LOL You guys are not even close to being in their league .

Now that's 6 games you could very well lose. Stating 4-6 losses is giving you the benefit of beating at least 2 out of TN,A&M,UF AND Kentucky.

Re: In all fairness

Jan 17, 2018, 8:21 PM [ in reply to Re: In all fairness ]

In all fairness, if it weren't for defensive turnovers, he'd have likely been right...but also, didn't you lose to Kentucky last year..at home?? But away you'll beat them?

You did only win by 1 to LA Tech, Needed 5 turnovers to barely beat Michigan, needed Florida to go belly up to beat them (or as the ESPN headline called them "crumbling" Florida, only beat a really bad TN who was 0-8 in conference by scoring 1 TD, only beat a 1-7 in conference play Vandy by 7?? I'd say he was pretty close to being right if the wind blew the other way just a touch....

Jan 17, 2018, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol ]

Losses to UGa., Clemson, UF, and either Texas A&M or UK. Usuck fans talk about personnel losses and coaching changes in opponents, but don’t mention their own! The talent gap they harp upon is comparable to a hope and a prayer.

Muschamp reminds me of Tommy Bowden’s years in that Usuck aims for great players and largely has to settle for projects who become fairly good. Bowden seldom went after five stars and won until Dabo started changing the attitude. Muschamp has learned a lot, but when UF, Texas A&M, UT and UGa. regain their recruiting edge then he won’t compete.
Personally I think he leaves Usuck after two or three winning seasons for an easier program, or gets fired if his teams start losing again. Why do you think he changed their future schedules?

Go Tigers!

Jan 17, 2018, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Cockytalk Predictions lol ]

After which games last year did you think, "dang we looked good?"

They predicted 11 wins last year lol***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

and Tigernet predicted 2. they were closer to the truth***

Jan 17, 2018, 2:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: and Tigernet predicted 2. they were closer to the truth***

Jan 17, 2018, 6:33 PM

Couldn’t help it, you slipped

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: and Tigernet predicted 2. they were closer to the truth***

Jan 17, 2018, 7:35 PM [ in reply to and Tigernet predicted 2. they were closer to the truth*** ]

We were predicting the number of games that they would actually play good in, not just get lucky and back in to the win

Jan 17, 2018, 2:24 PM

Didn't see a one of them say they'll beat us but did see a few "toss up" for us lol. Was very funny us and UGA were toss ups and they said Florida doesn't want us "whipping them every year" but I only really remember once in recent past that they've beaten Florida and that was this past year which was Florida's worst season I can remember. Noticed a couple mentions on how they're "closing the talent gap on us fast" though

Jan 17, 2018, 3:50 PM

Because they've only lost to UGA by 14 each of the past two seasons, they see that as an indication both teams are equal now, thus a "toss up."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 8:35 PM

But isn't it interesting they apparently view a 24 point loss (with their only 10 being scored on a 3rd string defense) and a 49 point loss to Clemson the last 2 as the same indication?? lol

Jan 17, 2018, 2:45 PM

Those types of predictions go with playing an easy schedule. They can get in the SEC championship having to beat only one team. The rest fired their coaches.

Message was edited by: prudentialtiger

Jan 17, 2018, 2:47 PM

I have lost hours of sleep because I can’t stop laughing about so many coot fans picking SC to win as many as 10 to 12 games. With their 2018 schedule for football I predict no better than 7-5 or 6-6. And a BG loss!

Whenever I meet a coot and they mention next years success and a future NC I just ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????.

Wow what a bunch of delusional nuts ?????? those coot fans are. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 3:43 PM

“we’re closing the talent gap in a hurry”

Re: My favorite: "We're closing the talent gap fast" BWAHAHA

Jan 17, 2018, 3:46 PM

What a bunch of idjits.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

That must be Ole Ace

Jan 17, 2018, 3:48 PM

He's a nutcase .

Actually makes Manafold @ FGF seem smart LOL

Jan 17, 2018, 3:59 PM

As has been said many times before this is the most delusional fan base in the history of colleges football. How in God's green earth are they "narrowing the gap?" They must put a lot of stock in "Braindead" Todd Ellis who said we were cycling out. Also if we were exposed by Bama, what does that say about the Cluckers?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 4:23 PM

I like how Georgia and Clemson are considered "toss ups" now... Like they did anything on the field in the last 3 seasons to warrant that discussion. Their schedule is cake, so honestly 8-9 wins again is nothing too crazy to think about, but they aren't in the same league as Georgia or Clemson, so that's 2 Ls right there.

They think an awful lot of themselves...

Jan 17, 2018, 5:13 PM

But it is another EZ schedule... they beat the worst of the worst last season and it’s more of the same... so if they don’t go 8-4 they should fire the chump

Jan 17, 2018, 6:56 PM

Toss up. Are those the games that make them so sick they “toss up”?

why are they ALL predicting a win over Kentucky??

Jan 17, 2018, 7:01 PM

they haven't beaten them in rememberable history (nearly) which means they've lost to some really bad teams.

Its as likely some other SECLeast team will be the Outback Bowl invitee after a season of catching the other maroons in that division a week after some stupid collapse.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2018, 8:02 PM

@ Clemson is a toss up ?

That some kinda spoof ? He's punking them , right ?
I think it'll be a shutout . 45-0 again , 31 years later .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I see 8-4*****

Jan 17, 2018, 8:14 PM

Jan 17, 2018, 9:03 PM

Light years too early predictions.

Replies: 34
| visibility 6,180
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic