Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Johnson says no margin for error against Clemson's defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: Johnson says no margin for error against Clemson's defense

Oct 9, 2015, 7:01 AM

Johnson says no margin for error against Clemson's defense

With four returning starters from a strong group last year, Georgia Tech’s offensive line was supposed to be one of the team’s strengths this season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is nobody but nobody that I enjoy beating

Oct 9, 2015, 7:12 AM

As much as this guy. I hope Clemson is up 70-0 and going for two!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There is nobody but nobody that I enjoy beating

Oct 9, 2015, 7:23 AM

Amen to that. GaTech is one team where as far as I'm concerned, we can't score too many points. Don't worry, I'm not counting chickens. But I hope we open up the offense, slam shut their wishbone, and the Tiger passes out from doing so many push-ups.

Oct 9, 2015, 7:47 AM

Send them and their offense back to high school!!

Oct 9, 2015, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: There is nobody but nobody that I enjoy beating ]

Yep, just like last week - slam shut their wishbone! Shut them down and shut them up.

The Tiger has learned to do push-ups?

Oct 9, 2015, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: There is nobody but nobody that I enjoy beating ]

I guess all of that head bobbing could make you dizzy enough to pass out? Haha

Is it possible that DL's simply taking a step back off the

Oct 9, 2015, 7:52 AM

line of scrimmage has thrown a hitch into GaTech's OL strategy of blocking low (ie--going after knees and ankles) and made their offense very pedestrian??? Or is it nothing that simple and the real issue is GaTech is not following their assignments....as Paul Johnson says???

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it possible that DL's simply taking a step back off the

Oct 9, 2015, 7:59 AM

I think for us BV seeing them each year helps. He has a plan which he can build upon and refine each game

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it possible that DL's simply taking a step back off the

Oct 9, 2015, 8:26 AM [ in reply to Is it possible that DL's simply taking a step back off the ]

I've wondered the same thing. I watched a good bit of the GaTech games against ND and Duke. It seemed like the D lineman simply avoided the ankle-biting of the GT O lineman and stayed on their feet. I mean, if Duke can stop it?

They shut GT down last year as well. Well coached.

Oct 9, 2015, 12:57 PM

Duke is sound on D and that Cash kid is everywhere.

It is Miami who hasn't figured out how to stop a FB dive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jim, I don't think you can attribute all of the success

Oct 9, 2015, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Is it possible that DL's simply taking a step back off the ]

to that, but I think you can attribute a huge chunk of it. Think about it, those OL have had drilled in their heads that when the ball is snapped, go straight down. Well, if you've got a defensive line that's standing up, and a yard off the neutral zone, when those big boys fall, all they're going to accomplish is eating a lot of dirt.

If Pagano, Watkins and Wilkins can consistently take away the dive, Lawson and Dodd will have a field day on the edge. Oh yeah, and the manimal known as Ben Boulware. I can't wait to see those guys think they're going to get around the edge on him tomorrow. They better hope they're not seeing double when they stand up.

Bull and B.J. Both have been blowing it up....***

Oct 9, 2015, 11:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jim, I don't think you can attribute all of the success

Oct 9, 2015, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Jim, I don't think you can attribute all of the success ]

Watch out for the Paul Johnson 85 special. You know, the option where he and his team get back on 85 and scoot back to Atlanta as quickly as possible.

Two words I got from this article - wheel routes

Oct 9, 2015, 9:40 AM

We can handle their receivers man-to-man. We can walk safeties up to help with the run.

The only matchup weakness / advantage they can gameplan is our LBs in coverage and pulling RBs in midfield passing routes.

He mentioned Lawson in space covering the RBs, this is a matchup he thinks he can exploit.

This philosophy worked for Notre Dame, but then again ND also had tons of time for the play to develop given the o-line they have. GT won't have that much time (hopefully).

Re: New Story: Johnson says no margin for error against Clemson's defense

Oct 9, 2015, 11:32 AM

It's too late to try to give us compliments to keep us from getting mad P.J, they put us on upset alert that has us mad enough

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic