Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Cuse could be 8-2 ND week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Looks like Cuse could be 8-2 ND week

Oct 28, 2018, 2:46 PM

Can ND deal with the speed ?

https://fbschedules.com/syracuse-football-schedule/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cuse being 8-2 and ranked might work to NDs advantage

Oct 28, 2018, 2:55 PM

That's a weird Yankee Stadium game and i was hoping Cuse might catch them off guard looking toward the rivalry game at USC the next week. Cuse is a dangerous team, but i think they will have ND's full attention if they go into that game at 8-2 (which they should).

Still, the offense they run can absolutely give ND problems. Almost every team on ND's schedule runs a really slow tempo. Michigan, Vandy, Stanford, Northwestern, etc. The only team ND has played that runs a tempo offense is Wake and Wake just haven't the personnel this year. Cuse's offense is absolutely going to be a unique and dangerous proposition for ND.

Re: Looks like Cuse could be 8-2 ND week

Oct 28, 2018, 3:00 PM

Interesting stat: The "mighty" SEC and the "terrible" ACC are actually TIED currently for teams with 2 or fewer losses (5 each). The "blue bloods" of the B1G? Only 4 teams with 2 or fewer!

As always, it's a difference in perception. All 4 of those B1G teams were in last week's top 20 (along with Iowa and WIN, who now have 3 losses apiece and should rightfully drop out). All 5 of those SEC teams were in last week's Top 15. (Along with Texas A&M, now a 3-loss team. And knowing the pollsters, FL probably stays in the Top 15 despite two bad losses.)
But those five ACC teams? Only us and NC State are currently represented (and watch the Wolfpack fall out). Syracuse and UVA haven't even sniffed the Top 25, despite better records than most of the teams in the poll, while BC only got one week before getting dropped after the Purdue loss.

And the only Power 5 division in the country containing FOUR teams with 2 or fewer losses? Yup, the Atlantic side of the "dreadful" ACC!

They should be 8-2, however....

Oct 28, 2018, 3:02 PM

They are playing shootouts right now (see their games vs Pitt, UNC & NCSU....and Wake will score a bunch of points on them.
Hopefully Cuse can win, but I wouldn’t assume that they’ll just coast against Wake.
Louisville, on the other hand....

Re: They should be 8-2, however....

Oct 28, 2018, 3:40 PM

I dislike ND because of the bias they receive but I don't believe Cuse can hang with them but I hope they surprise me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 28, 2018, 3:49 PM

Don't we want ND to win out?

Wouldn't we want ND to keep the loser of Alabama/UGA out of the playoff?

Assuming we win out and Michigan wins out?

Oct 28, 2018, 3:55 PM

Michigan? What if Ohio state beats Michigan? They have the exact same path to the playoff. History says the Buckeyes will be in over Michigan. I do think one of those two will be in along with Bama, Clemson, and either ND or Oklahoma.

Oct 28, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Cuse could be 8-2 ND week ]

This. If they win out they are a solid #3 seed, which gives us a virtual bye for the first round.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic