Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimmy Butler
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Jimmy Butler

Nov 3, 2018, 11:30 AM

If I was the team owner, his contract couldn't be shredded fast enough, if he decides 'he's running the team'. If I'm NBA commissioner, he's banned for three years.

These athletes are 'blessed beyond words' to be genetically gifted to play a sport for a living and make money off the backs of us common folks/fans. In turn, too many act like the spoiled rotten brats they are...not the purported professionals they claim to be. They need to grasp the concept of 'real world'...not think their fantasy land is reality. It's not...

(On the other hand...NFL contracts are horrid...players negotiated that agreement?)

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25162640/jimmy-butler-minnesota-timberwolves-says-decide-whether-plays-back-back-set

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimmy Butler

Nov 3, 2018, 11:34 AM

He’s been asking for a trade since before the season started. The team had refused and ran off any team who had interest. He saids they aren’t serious about winning as a franchise. They have 3 first overall picks on the team. And they still struggle. Jimmy had said he will give his all long as the team is about trying to win.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 11:54 AM

so his contract allows him to sit out if he is of the opinion that his team is "not serious about winning " ? One of these days a major sport team owner is going to het fed up, overcome their fear of an altercation with a players union, and sue one these hold outs for breach of contract. Should go the whole 9 yards - de value the franchise, lost revenue, etc etc . Would be interesting

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2018, 12:19 PM

No but I’m sure he would not mind if they didn’t pay him and let him sit out so he can be healthy and sign someone else next year.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:55 AM

I don't watch much NBA and never heard of Jimmy Butler, but while travelling on business a while back I did stay at a hotel named the Jim Butler Inn & Suites in Tonopah, NV, which is literally on the other side of the middle of nowhere. Jim Butler apparently found silver deposits in the middle of the desert in the early 1900's and was the founder of this small mining town.

Oh, and according to conspiracy theorists, when the US government needed an airbase more secret than Area 51 to store alien remains, this is apparently where they built it.

Nov 3, 2018, 11:58 AM

So let me see if I’m clear....

Because people pay to see this guy play basketball and because he’s genetically gifted he should play injured?

I guess nobody should be allowed to call in sick without being terminated.....

They need to just trade him.

Nov 3, 2018, 3:03 PM

Yeah that's giving him what he wants, but nobody is benefiting from the current situation.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic