Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The Case Against Bama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,452

The Case Against Bama

Nov 8, 2015, 11:31 AM

Is Alabama a good football team? Yes. Do they pass the "eye-test"? You could make that argument. Does their resume support their ranking? No!

This is what I can't wrap my head around. Alabama's best win is over a one-dimensional LSU who's best win is over a subpar UF. Theye romped UGA but this is the worst UGA team in years.

Now look at Bama's loss. Ole Miss now has 3 losses, Memphis, Ark, and UF but they hung 42 on Bama of course.

My point and prediction. LSU will go on to lose at least one more and Bama will be left with an even more lackluster resume. The SEC this year is wayyyyyy down but the talking heads seems to ignore this fact. If Alabama wins out they probably would deserve to be top 4, but right now? #### no.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bama looked pretty strong to me.

Nov 8, 2015, 11:36 AM

I would agree the Tide is a top four program right now.

I agree they should be in the top 4

Nov 8, 2015, 11:41 AM

AFTER the game last night against LSU. I just understand the justification for having them in the top 4 BEFOREHAND. Even that win over LSU is not all that impressive since LSU's best win is against a florida team that put about 4 times as many points up against LSU on the road than they could manage against Vanderbilt at home...

Re: I agree they should be in the top 4

Nov 8, 2015, 11:45 AM

Bama impressed me last night. The LSU back who is Mr Heisman to all the experts was shut down completely. UA would be a tough match for us. Makes me wonder why their loss doesn't make them "Bamaing"!

Re: Bama looked pretty strong to me.

Nov 8, 2015, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Bama looked pretty strong to me. ]

No doubt they look strong. But so does ND whose only loss is to the #1 team in the country as opposed to Alabama's 1 loss to a blundering Ole Miss. I just don't see the resume right now outside of being in the SEC.

The Playoff Committee is boring heavily on

Nov 8, 2015, 11:40 AM

Strength of schedule basing most of it on how many teams tone beaten out last to with winning records. Guess who has the most of these wins still. I'll give you a hint. They voted them number 1. Go Tigers.

*you've beaten or lost to***

Nov 8, 2015, 11:41 AM

Marlborocountycapon = tigerfanjack = Clemson_Alumnus=CUJAX

Nov 8, 2015, 2:28 PM

If Clemson and Bama play each other,

Nov 8, 2015, 11:43 AM

it will be a repeat of what you saw yesterday against FSU. Bama has a good defense but they can't stop the spread or a dual threat quarterback. Eventually Clemson starts to move the ball. On offense they are fairly one dimensional. Clemson adjusts, allows our secondary to shutdown the pass attack with man on man, and we stack the box to shutdown the run. I don't know if anyone else can beat Bama (I suspect that there are plenty of teams, not in the 1 dimensional SEC, that can), but I feel confident our Tigers can.
GO CLEMSON!!!

There are two a fundamental problem with the eyetest.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:11 PM

The eyetest is a personal opinion. The problem with our personal opinion is that we are influenced by those who claim to be experts in NCAA football, I include myself here. Most of the ESPiN talkers have roots in the SEC which influences their opinions and almost every one of them work for a company that has a 50/50 shared ownership in the SEC network. They cater to the Southern Fans where the SEC resides for economic purposes.

There's another type of bias, mine. I hate ESPiN. My opinion is influenced by their bias but diametrically opposed to their opinions of the SEC and I am equally or more in resolve.

They use their eyetest to 'prove,' that Bama is one of the top four teams in the country but I use stats on hard the hard facts of history to support my claim that they are not. LSU gave up 20 points to every team the faced this season including Cuse. Bama scored only 20 on LSU.

LSU is probably one of the few teams in P5 football that is more one dimensional than Bama. Stop the run, stop both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They looked pretty strong to me, too.

Nov 8, 2015, 11:54 AM

Their defense is clearly one of the best, and their offense is pretty darn good. From a ND perspective, our offense is clearly one of the best, and our defense is pretty darn good. Match those up and great defense will usually beat great offense, so I have my doubts about our ability to hang. You guys have a top ten offense and top ten defense, and are probably the most balanced team out there at this time. I like your chances. I like our chances too, but we have to solve a few problems in the defensive backfield, and I'm beginning to have my doubts about VanGorder's ability to do that.

Yeah and you got to find a way to keep folks healthy.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:01 PM

Hope Procise is okay, hadn't heard an update. Appreciate the complimentary comments but I am still holding off on liking Notre Dame fans (Bob Rodes is alright though). If ND goes undefeated what do you think the chances are, that they are penalized for no conference champ game?

Re: Yeah and you got to find a way to keep folks healthy.

Nov 8, 2015, 12:11 PM

LSU is a very mediocre football team. They barely beat miss state and Syracuse. They beat a pretty good Florida team the first game after their qb was suspended. Floridas back up qb was awful that game.

Bama is definitely a solid football team but their resume has flaws. They have a loss against a now unranked team that lost to Memphis. There is no doubt that the sec is very overrated

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bamma desrves the top 4 ONLY if it can be reasoned that the

Nov 8, 2015, 12:00 PM

loss at home to a mediocre Ole Miss team doesn't count. If it doesn't then everybody else should get to throw out their worst game as well. Remember, the whole idea behind these rankings is to go by performance and get away from the "eye test".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,452
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic