Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem

Oct 19, 2016, 8:45 AM

Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem

Oct 19, 2016, 8:48 AM

Dwayne is a class act. Great ambassador for Clemson.

If he was doing it for racial equality would you say he is a class act???

Oct 19, 2016, 8:53 AM

I agree Dwayne Allen is a class act. I also would still believe that if he was taking a knee in protest. Can you say the same?

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Re: If he was doing it for racial equality would you say he is a class act???

Oct 19, 2016, 11:08 AM

That's deep

NO, It is Not the Same!

Oct 19, 2016, 1:57 PM [ in reply to If he was doing it for racial equality would you say he is a class act??? ]

NO, it is not the same. A person can kneel for the wrong reason at the wrong time. To kneel for the BLM cause is pitting the police and blacks against each other.

Oct 19, 2016, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem ]

Walkins, said he was from Daniel High School instead of Clemson University.

You mean Hopkins

Oct 19, 2016, 6:07 PM

It's not uncommon for NFL players to give a shoutout to their high school from time to time. I don't know how frequently he does but that's up to him.

Oct 19, 2016, 7:33 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem ]

Some need to learn to read and comprehend! Lets break it down for the slow

1. He kneels at the end of the Anthem.

2. He has always done this.

3. AT THE END IF YOU CHECK HE DOES TAKE A KNEE AT THE END>

SO SHUT THE HECK UP>

Oct 19, 2016, 8:49 AM

WELL it didnt stop some of our so called fans for jumping into the fray without any explanation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 8:50 AM

There it goes ignorance and being judgemental. Continue on DA because in the end every man will kneel to our God.

Agreed, if only USA was communist country. Then no one would be able to take a knee.

Oct 19, 2016, 8:54 AM

This whole freedom thing is overrated.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

Al Michaels needs to be more responsible with his comments.

Oct 19, 2016, 8:52 AM

He singled out Dwayne as a protester at the end of the anthem and fueled the fire. A little research by him would be nice.

Yea, and maybe a public apology since he seems to use his

Oct 19, 2016, 8:58 AM

position to express political commentary... (or maybe just slap his punk axx.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Al Michaels needs to be more responsible with his comments.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Al Michaels needs to be more responsible with his comments. ]

For what it is worth Michaels did in fact recant about ten minutes after the game started when the Colts sent word to the booth that he was not protesting. It is on the broadcast.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was probably told to point it out by the producer

Oct 19, 2016, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Al Michaels needs to be more responsible with his comments. ]

Michaels wasn't the one directing the camera to zoom in on Allen.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:04 AM

Maybe now Dwayne's critics can get back to making America great again...

It's already

Oct 19, 2016, 9:27 AM

Great.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He shouldn't have to explain. And it shouldn't matter why...

Oct 19, 2016, 9:04 AM

he took a knee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly!***

Oct 19, 2016, 9:16 AM

Agree, 100%***

Oct 19, 2016, 10:23 AM [ in reply to He shouldn't have to explain. And it shouldn't matter why... ]

He didn't have to explain why

Oct 19, 2016, 1:03 PM [ in reply to He shouldn't have to explain. And it shouldn't matter why... ]

but he did. People shouldn't have to feel apathetic about anything either. Just because people have a right to free speech does mean other have to like what they are saying. They also have a right to freely disagree.

Dwayne didn't want to grouped with people who are disrespecting the military to send a message. His reputation means something to him.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Perfect example of misinformation social media***

Oct 19, 2016, 9:05 AM

Dwayne Allen Unsportsman like Penalty

Oct 19, 2016, 9:06 AM

I may be remembering incorrectly but I believe Dwayne was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct for saluting the military that was present at a Clemson game on Military appreciation day.

Am I correct?

Yes he did.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:08 AM

His dad is military I do believe, or his mom... or maybe both. I know he grew up in a military family.

I was about to post the same thing.***

Oct 19, 2016, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Dwayne Allen Unsportsman like Penalty ]

He doesn't owe anyone an explanation...

This national anthem stuff is getting out of control.

I accept DA's reasoning. In the current climate though, I can see why it was misunderstood. Maybe some good will come out of it. I love college football but don't take the time for Pro. I want to ... and do keep a list of Tigers by NFL team I check as I watch. The protest does seem to be taking a boycot toll though. I've seen story after story about viewership being down and the number seems to be around 20%, with advertising dollars refunded by giving additional time. I guess we'll see. Bottom line for me: Go Tigers, Beat the Crim-a-Noles!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pray after the Anthem is over

Oct 19, 2016, 10:40 AM

Respect the Anthem and the men and women who paid the ultimate price to defend this country. Love everyone when the time is right. Not during the Anthem. If you want criticism in this current environment, keep kneeling during the anthem. Don't expect everyone to love your actions.

It's his pre game ritual...

Oct 19, 2016, 2:29 PM

DA does this for every game and it has never been an issue. He is loyal american who has always displayed his love of his country (ex. getting flagged for honoring our military during a game in Death Valley). This is what he does to honor his country and to PRAY for his fellow players, he should not have to change it because a bunch of morons who aren't even sure what they are protesting recently decided to dishonor our country by kneeling through the entire anthem and doing that stupid fist in the air crap. Duane Allen is a stand up guy and we should all be proud of him and grateful that he did his part to build the foundation of the football success that we are enjoying right now.

Message was edited by: blackrivertiger®

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pray after the Anthem is over

Oct 19, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Pray after the Anthem is over ]

God supercedes our National Anthem. If I feel the need to pray speaks that Trumps any and ALL things EVER!

Newsflash***when the anthem says "land of the free "

Oct 19, 2016, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Pray after the Anthem is over ]

Guess who it WASNT talking about.

Oct 19, 2016, 4:13 PM

So sick of people's asinine assumptions

Oct 19, 2016, 4:25 PM

It's amazing the quality of comments that people express on social media regarding sensitive subjects. People can sit back and criticize a coach for making what they believe is a poor decision, but have never played the game or coached besides on their playstation or xbox. They can talk about the disrespect for prior military when you have never served, thought about serving, or even know anybody in the military. And of course, those that try to criticize someone who wants to make a statement about the treatment of minorities when you have lived with a silver spoon in your mouth and have never been exposed to discrimination, racial profiling, or anything else except for watching it on movies. A lot of you need to sit back and look at how your life compares to the ones you are criticizing before you talk about someone. And before you want to question my credentials, I have been harassed by cops, threatened by Klan members, have had car doors locked by scared white women as I walked by them in their car, been an athlete at Clemson, served in the military, and of course, as loud and proud as I can be...I AM BLACK.

Oct 19, 2016, 9:06 PM

Nice comments but I have had women in cars of all ethnicities lock their cars doors when they saw me close to them. I think its a safety thing. Nothing personal. I seved in the military, am a Christian, and I'm White.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 19, 2016, 9:13 PM

I've been harrassed by cops too.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2016, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem ]

Just out of curiosity... where have you been harassed by Klan members? I've lived in South Carolina almost 30 years and I've literally never seen a Klan member, a Klan rally, or anything related to them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 20, 2016, 4:28 PM

That's funny. I was born and raised in Aiken, SC and I vividly remember at least 2 KKK rallies, one on Aiken and one in Orangeburg, shortly after school integration in 1970. I'm fairly sure there were others as well. Maybe you just weren't paying attention.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They just don't come any better than Dwayne Allen..period!*****

Oct 19, 2016, 7:22 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic