Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biannual garage cleaning done
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Biannual garage cleaning done

Dec 15, 2018, 5:26 PM

Filled up a dumpster with styrofoam, broken radio-controlled toys, floats never used or flat, and all sorts of assorted junk. Moved some stuff under the house for storage, some stuff tossed, and some stuff for charity to donate. Blew out 2 mummified rats and 3 mummified frogs, and leaves, candy wrappers, bottle caps, more LEAVES, and lord knows what else.

Also purchased my first gun in 42 years. Dad never got around to buying a .410. So I got a Mossberg .410 pump for 9yo son for squirrels/doves/etc.

THEN had to pick mint because kids wanted iced tea. Shame now, I have about 4 mojito's worth of mint left. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had a 410-22 over under as a kid

Dec 15, 2018, 6:26 PM

Sold it to buy books after I lost my scholarship at CU. One of the bigger mistakes I’ve made.

If I find the right one, I’d like to have another.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have a .410 pistol now. Made by Taurus I think.

Dec 15, 2018, 6:34 PM

Called The Judge. It's awesome and pretty lethal with the right ammo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a Judge.....lots of fun ammo choices

Dec 15, 2018, 7:33 PM

fires both .410 shells and .45 Colts. Kind of a novelty hand cannon, truth be told -- but I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end......

The Taurus Judge will do everything a pump shotgun will with regards to home protection. You have tons of choices for rounds: .45 LC hollow-points, .45 LC cowboy (bear killers), .45 LC ball, .410 buckshot, .410 slugs, and the PDX1 410 (combines three defense disc projectiles with 12 plated BB shot) and many more.

https://thenewsrep.com/98304/rethink-shotgun-taurus-judge/

These are quite interesting looking (haven't tried them yet)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like a good anti home invasion device

Dec 15, 2018, 7:45 PM

The 410-22 was the ultimate varmit gun.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

def not a carry gun...designed for home/office or car***

Dec 15, 2018, 8:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I shot one about 8 yrs ago.

Dec 16, 2018, 6:26 AM [ in reply to I have a Judge.....lots of fun ammo choices ]

They hold five rounds and the hammer is hard to pull back. The .410 round yields a ~20" pattern in five feet. It wouldn't blow guts or brains all over the room. It's the only pistol I'd use for home protection. First shot .410 then walk over and finish 'em off with the second, a .45.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have very lethal .410 rounds for that gun

Dec 16, 2018, 12:49 PM

I'd take the .410 rounds over a .45 hollowpoint.

But a pistol-grip 12 gauge pump with a tight-pattern choke tube and single ought high brass buckshot is probably the best home defense piece you could have. Something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzbszxjDfQ

You have to aim better than that, and it's not a gun for the wife. But it would be my choice.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic