Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Samaritan's Purse.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Samaritan's Purse.

Apr 23, 2020, 1:32 PM

I've been working with Samaritan's Purse this week cutting trees and patching roofs from the tornado damage in the Seneca area and want to encourage anybody who has a chance to work with these people to do so.

I've never worked with them before but will definitely do so in the future.

These people are equipped, organized, able, and have their hearts and minds in the right place. The destruction in certain areas over there is almost unbelievable, but what I've seen them be able to do is also amazing.

And to see the faces of the people they are able to help is as rewarding as anything can be.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Samaritan's Purse.

Apr 23, 2020, 1:41 PM

Samaritan's Purse is a great Christian organization run by Franklin Graham, Billy's son. I support them financially. 90% of gifts to them go to their mission, which is rare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 2:27 PM

I'll be supporting them from now on also. I'm very impressed.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

You need to come up to my little village and see the multi-multi million dollar office Franklin is building with your generous donations! He might even take you for a spin in one of his Porsches. Much of this tax free money you donate to this worthy cause end up somewhere other than where you think.

Don't know about any of that.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:37 PM

All I know Is I got work out of a box truck with brand new commercial Stihl chain saws, blower, and pole saw, which were ready to go do the job, a brand new bag of DeWalt battery tools, ladders, tarps, firring strips, hand truck, nail gun, water and gator ade, gas, and oil, etc... ready to help put people's live back together.

And work with men who had only two goals, put people back together physically and spiritually.

Re: Don't know about any of that.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:43 PM

Ive never said they don’t do worthwhile projects because they do. It’s ALL about raising money for the needy.

Sounds about like my tool trailer but I have various others.***

Apr 24, 2020, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Don't know about any of that. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

The organization is one of the first to go to ravaged areas all over the world, usually onsite less than a week after a disaster, supplying food, medical help, and as much other help as they can supply. They operate very transparently. Their Form 990 and their commitment to managing the donated finances are at their website (Samaritanspurse.org). I’m not sure what, if any, other organizations make their financial information as readily available. FGs salary for last year was 0.08% of donations....still a lot of money but very low for a CEO of such a large organization. But the most prominent characteristic is he and his group of hundred of thousand volunteers are actually doing good all over the world. If you and I could put what we do for others in comparison, even if we factored in our paltry income vs their budget, would we come anywhere near the good that they accomplish?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2020, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

He needs offices. According to Charity navigator, he runs one if the most efficient charities.

Apr 24, 2020, 7:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

So you want a homeless guy running the org? NGO's have to have great leadership to be effective.

But, I'm sure your boss makes minimum wage so you can max your income.

Great organization! Got a cousin that works for them. Support them if you can. They do great things***

Apr 23, 2020, 5:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

Apr 23, 2020, 2:03 PM

Glad to hear that! Thanks for your service and God bless!

Thank you.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:28 PM

And he has. My cup runneth over.

They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City

Apr 23, 2020, 2:15 PM

to help with the COVID patients. But, of course, because they are a Christian organization, there are groups trying to get rid of them.

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/field-hospital-opens-in-new-york-citys-central-park/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

You'll appreciate this story.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:30 PM

https://religionnews.com/2020/04/21/under-fire-from-many-this-new-yorker-is-a-stalwart-champion-of-samaritans-purse/

Read that article this morning. Very good article.***

Apr 23, 2020, 3:25 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: You'll appreciate this story.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to You'll appreciate this story. ]

Leftists believe everyone except evangelical Christians should have rights.

Re: They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City

Apr 23, 2020, 2:39 PM [ in reply to They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City ]

You mean, there are people in NY trying to save lives, and because they represent Christ the anti-Christian people want them to leave? The spite of some people truly amazes me, sometimes.

Apr 23, 2020, 5:50 PM

If you read up on the NYC mayor's wife, you can easily draw some conclusions about his personal objections to Samaritan's Purse.

Apr 24, 2020, 7:51 PM

I figured that the NYC mayor's wife was a dood... Or am i mistaken?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 2:51 PM [ in reply to They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City ]

That’s one perspective...I think it has less to do with the faith the organization represents and more to do with the man who runs it. Not gonna hijack the thread, but if you ever followed the message of BG...then there’s no way you could admire his son.

Apr 23, 2020, 3:43 PM

Agree, don't want to hijack OPs message. I don't know much about FG, but I do know Samaritans Purse. I think the things they are doing in the name of God are great. It just seems kinda spiteful to ask an organization, that is trying to ease suffering and possible death, to pack up and leave because you don't particularly like the founder.

Apr 24, 2020, 5:12 PM [ in reply to Re: They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City ]

Why?

Apr 24, 2020, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City ]

Agree wholeheatedly. FG is not a good person. He uses his father's legacy and suggests his father would support what FG says when BG never said or did outrageous things FG does. Samaritan's Purse may be good?

Apr 24, 2020, 7:40 PM

FG is not a good person? Could you or anyone else on here enlighten me about FG? I’ve always thought he was a really good person doing really good work so please tell me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: They have set up a mobile hospital in New York City ]

Billy supported Franklin right up until his death.
What does Franklin supposedly do that wrong?

Apr 23, 2020, 2:28 PM

I’m glad you and they are doing some good and I’m sure all helped really appreciate it. They don’t get my support mainly because of Franklin Graham, but I won’t criticize the effort.

I pray you'll never need them.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:31 PM

But if you ever do, I can guarantee you'll appreciate Franklin Graham and his workers.

Re: I pray you'll never need them.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:38 PM

I also hope I never need them. Good on you for stepping up.

Apr 23, 2020, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

Looks like you and I are seeing the same picture. But, it’s all done in the name of god so it’s got to be good!

Apr 23, 2020, 2:44 PM

I'm sure the people also appreciated all your help to them no matter who supplied the materials or ran the organization.

The widow that had bare rafters Monday morning didn't even ask us who ran the organization. She just thanked us profusely for helping her know that the rain coming down today wasn't going to be in her den.

Very generous on your part. Best wishes.***

Apr 23, 2020, 2:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 2:57 PM

t appears to me we are forgetting the most important thing, people forgetting about their differences and working together to help those in need. The Jewish gentleman gets it. His story is the best sermon I've heard today.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 23, 2020, 3:15 PM

Absolutely correct Joe. There are some that are too blinded to see good and must criticize.

Apr 23, 2020, 4:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

Agree 100%, Joe.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

That’s great to hear

Apr 23, 2020, 5:20 PM

Thanks for sharing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you so much for your efforts.***

Apr 23, 2020, 5:47 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Sad thing is, JK,

Apr 23, 2020, 6:48 PM

after cutting and hauling trees all day long when you finally stood up and looked around it seemed like you hadn't done much.

I'd love to know the total number of trees hauled off just from the Dalton Bend neighborhood area.

Apr 23, 2020, 7:26 PM

I know the community appreciates it!

Apr 24, 2020, 7:46 AM

Thanks BillyBengal for helping those in need. Samaritan's Purse is my favorite charity. But Haters gonna hate.

Ain't dat duh troof.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:30 PM

And thanks.

I know the individuals did.

Apr 24, 2020, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Samaritan's Purse. ]

They were VERY appreciative. Many couldn't hold back their tears.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic