Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
SEC bias is really intolerable. Just one example
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,713

SEC bias is really intolerable. Just one example

Dec 8, 2013, 2:14 PM

Lou "the biggest shill on the planet" Holtz said on college game-day that FSU is a SEC team.. So if you are good you are an SEC team. Does FSU have to pay the same buyout as MD? Are KY, TN, MSU, UF, AR all great?

I know this is no newsflash but what happens when the 2 conf. teams max rule in the BCS gets dropped next year.

Next years Playoff using this year as an example:
Orange: #1 FSU vs #4 AL and Sugar #2 AU vs #3 Baylor
Title game winner of above 2
Rose MSU vs Standford
Fiesta MO. vs OSU

Notice how the SEC gets 3 teams in the BCS and 2 in the final four. Even though AL didn't play a 12th game they back into the playoff. MSU and OSU both 12-1 get passed over. The built in bias is amazing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lou's comments last night were the ravings

Dec 8, 2013, 2:17 PM

of an addle-minded, senile, and bitter old man. Sad.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lou's comments last night were the ravings

Dec 8, 2013, 2:54 PM

You may be right....but that is the sentiment of the entire eSECpn organization.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Chick-fil-a is in that mix, too. 5 "BCS" level bowls next yr***

Dec 8, 2013, 2:18 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually 6 with Cotton***

Dec 8, 2013, 2:21 PM

When we beat the dog $h!t out of his #####, did that make...

Dec 8, 2013, 2:19 PM

us $EC worthy I wonder? Lou = tool.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Uh oh, got censored on that one!*

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Could be...

But note that ok.st is 11-1 (no conf. Title game...yesterday was regular season game with Baylor )

Check me on that...ok. St is 10-2.

Dec 8, 2013, 2:21 PM

Maybe you were referring to OSU. My bad

Re: SEC bias is really intolerable. Just one example

Dec 8, 2013, 2:32 PM

If what leaping Lou said is true, then with all the connections Clemson has to Alabama does that make Alabama an A She She team?

SEC bias ends....if others just BEAT THEM

Dec 8, 2013, 2:59 PM

But....that's the problem

and FSU will blowout AU, AU has no defense***

Dec 8, 2013, 3:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if it will be a blow out

Dec 8, 2013, 3:16 PM

but no way FSU loses.

FSU and Miami are both "SEC" Teams

Dec 8, 2013, 3:02 PM

once Miami gets their issues sorted out, both programs have all the resources needed to compete with the Alabama and Floridas of the world.

Does Clemson have those type of resources?***

Dec 8, 2013, 3:12 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

No

Dec 8, 2013, 3:16 PM

Clemson would be what we are in the SEC. Middle to bottom of the pack, with the ability to be toward the top if the big dogs are down.

Re: No

Dec 8, 2013, 3:21 PM

What makes you say that? Miami doesn't have the facilities or players in place to compete in a better conference. They can't even fill their own stadium, unlike Clemson, and even South Carolina who both get 80-83,000 people in there every single week. Both programs are well above Miami at this point.

They have Broward and Dade Counties

Dec 8, 2013, 3:34 PM

they've won 5 national championships with the lack of a true fanbase.

Facilities and packed stadiums are great, but Miami is one of a select few colleges that doesn't need them to be successful.

It isn't like SC and Clemson where we are trying to attract kids to move to South Carolina.

Re: They have Broward and Dade Counties

Dec 8, 2013, 3:44 PM

But Miami hasn't had much success over the last 8 or so years. They aren't killing it in recruiting (except this season) and if their fans don't travel well they will never play in big games, it's that simple.

I mean if you don't want to be reasonable

Dec 8, 2013, 4:09 PM

that's fine. But, unfortunately the reality is that the past 8 years isn't reflective of their potential.

Re: I mean if you don't want to be reasonable

Dec 8, 2013, 4:20 PM

What the hell are you talking about not being reasonable? I'm putting both Clemson and South Carolina ahead of Miami. I understand we are talking South Carolina as a college destination, and it doesn't compare to South Beach, but both schools are top 10 teams every season and that gets recruits. Have you ever been to their campus? Yes, it's in Miami but do you understand how much crime and poverty there is in that city? They get to pick and choose who they want from south Florida but all the other southern ACC teams and the whole SEC competes for those players too. I don't understand you putting Miami ahead of much of anybody. They can win 13 games every season but if they don't bring any fans to their bowl games they will be playing in the Charmin Toilet Bowl every season.

The past 8 years is entirely reflective of their potential. I know their history very well, they are great historically but what does the 1980s have to do with today? Ask any Tennessee fan. They were great back in the day, but haven't done anything in over 10 years.

"top ten every season"

Dec 8, 2013, 9:01 PM

Clemson hasn't finished in the top 10 of the AP poll a single time in the last 20 years.

If Miami wins 13 games they will be playing for a national championship regardless of how many fans attend.

Like I said, if you don't want to be reasonable don't be disappointed when Miami surpasses Clemson.

I want to disagree with you, but I just can't

Dec 8, 2013, 3:24 PM [ in reply to No ]

Both of our teams have been on a nice run lately, but overall I think you're right. Hopefully we keep going in the right direction. Unlike most Clemson fans, I like the fact that you guys are a good team. It makes the rival more interesting that way.

All Miami has right now is...

Dec 8, 2013, 3:41 PM [ in reply to No ]

history, and a bad reputation for cheating. They're not on the verge of anything. Given your criteria, Clemson is much closer to being an "SEC" team. By the way, does that mean you're a good team but a perennial doormat for teams like LSU, Bama and Auburn? Congratulations. Y'all are obviously very proud of that. Clemson fans chafe at the idea of FSU's re-ascension in the ACC and will continue to do so until we take it back from them.

Miami's LACK of resources is why they jumped to the ACC

Dec 8, 2013, 4:56 PM [ in reply to FSU and Miami are both "SEC" Teams ]

in the first place

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Many on this board have suggested that "If South Carolina...

Dec 8, 2013, 5:06 PM

were in a lesser conference it would be in a BCS bowl. We can't have it both ways. That is benefit from being in a lesser conference now and complain when a new system helps stronger conferences (according to BCS standings and Dabo's ballot). Regardless of the conference, the best teams should play in the best bowls. We have nothing to worry about. We're the CLEMSON TIGERS!!!!

A few important details to remember about the BCS.

Dec 8, 2013, 5:17 PM

The next BCS ranking will be the final BCS ranking. The BCS is then dead.

The exercise of taking this year's BCS rankings and attempting to seed teams with them is not based in reality. The only poll that will matter will be the selection committee's poll which will come out sometime mid-season.

Teams will be seeded based on head to head competition so there'll never be a rematch of conference teams. Win and loss record will be considered along with strength of schedule. 'Special consideration,' will be given to conference champions.

I followed the process closely and this is my recap of the process. If someone has something to add to this I appreciate being given more understanding of the subject. If I am mistaken or misunderstood some of the concepts of the playoff system and it's seeding please feel free to correct me. I appreciate any input.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,713
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic