Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production

May 11, 2020, 7:57 PM

Elon is fed up with California.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production

May 11, 2020, 7:58 PM

Yep!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And maybe get his second rocket factory moved as well.

May 11, 2020, 8:00 PM

It would make sense to have it fairly close to a port such as Charleston or Savannah.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: And maybe get his second rocket factory moved as well.

May 12, 2020, 7:24 AM

Absolutely not, we don't need anymore people in the tri-county area. Plus we bring all these industries in give em tax breaks and don't do anything with infrastructure. Education sucks, roads suck but let's keep electing the same people, makes sense.

I’ve got 3/4 acre I can sell them for a fair price

May 11, 2020, 8:08 PM

Maybe I can get Bubba McMaster to waive any taxes for me in the sale.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 8:40 PM

No thanks. I wish Boeing would pack it up and move back to the west coast.

Maybe you should move to South Dakota ?

May 11, 2020, 8:42 PM

Do you know how many engineering jobs all these manufacturers provide us?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Maybe you should move to South Dakota ?

May 11, 2020, 9:00 PM

Those engineering jobs at Boeing are being outsourced to Indians.

May 11, 2020, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 11, 2020, 9:31 PM

Dot - - not feather.

May 11, 2020, 9:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

May 11, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe you should move to South Dakota ? ]

May 11, 2020, 10:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe you should move to South Dakota ? ]

Lol!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 12, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Maybe you should move to South Dakota ? ]

That indian wasnt even a real indian. His real name is Espera Oscar de Corti.

I guess that means more engineering jobs for the rest of us

May 12, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Maybe you should move to South Dakota ? ]

There’s a growing industrial area there in Ladson. The fact that there’s all these other industrial assembly jobs means that more plants will continue to open there.

Is that you AOC?

May 11, 2020, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

just when you think "nobody could actually be that stupid" ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that you AOC?

May 11, 2020, 10:34 PM

Do you want AOC and like minded people from California living next door to you ?

May 11, 2020, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

Rex123 said:

No thanks. I wish Boeing would pack it up and move back to the west coast.

I agree on Boeing going back home. They are a-holes to deal with. If Nikki was still the gov, whe would already be talking with Elon to try to land it.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol are you dense?***

May 12, 2020, 7:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

May 11, 2020, 9:18 PM

Definitely. Even though Tesla has yet to earn a profit it has the technology to change the world. A move to SC would be a win for our state and a huge win for Tesla with lower costs in a right to work state.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 11, 2020, 9:38 PM

Would be a major win for both parties

May 11, 2020, 9:52 PM

Elon became a Billionaire off of Federal Govt. money. No thanks. If Tesla does move, it will be Texas (no state income tax).

Yes, Space X takes govmt money.

May 11, 2020, 9:59 PM

But Musk had hundreds of millions from tech start ups long before any federal dollars.

Re: Yes, Space X takes govmt money.

May 11, 2020, 10:11 PM

True. But he has been given Billions from the Federal Govt. through his con jobs. Has Tesla ever turned a Quarterly profit?

May 11, 2020, 10:22 PM

Yes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/29/business/tesla-earnings.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

May 11, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Yes, Space X takes govmt money. ]

They have actually just had three quarters in a row of profit.

May 12, 2020, 6:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

He was a billionaire after sold his little company called PayPal.

May 12, 2020, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

I thought his fortune started with founding PayPal?

I don't think he sold PayPal for more than a billion

May 12, 2020, 8:58 AM

at the time. It was in the hundreds of millions.

I was wrong. He sold Zip2 for millions, then founded

May 12, 2020, 9:15 AM

Paypal which he sold for 1.5 billion. He then founded SpaceX in 2002, which almost did not succeed..but it did. He then founded Tesla Motors in 2003.
Since then he started mining companies for metals needed in battery production, he started a solar city in NY(which was highly subsidized) and then he founded the Boring company in 2018. The Boring company is dedicated to creating underground tunnel infrastructure. It just landed a contract to create an underground city loop below Las Vegas.
As a side note, the Boring company also produces flame-throwers which can be purchased from the public.

The man is a bit loopy, but he is definitely a visionary.

May 11, 2020, 10:30 PM

Tesla is awful!!! I have a model X, the suv. It hit a tree at less than 7 miles per hour, no airbags were deployed, but Tesla took it upon themselves to disable Supercharging/ fast charging without telling me out of fear that the battery “may” have been damaged!!! Tesla is greedy, Unscrupulous and overpriced!!! You don’t want them in South Carolina!!!

May 12, 2020, 6:19 AM

You should sell your Tesla since you don't seem to understand their value.

Not sure how Tesla knew that you hit a tree. Did you possibly complain to them that trees keep getting in your way? I'm pretty sure they don't monitor everyone's cameras on their cars.

Mostly kidding, but you seriously do not need to own a Tesla.

You had an issue with their customer service

May 12, 2020, 6:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Time for South Carolina to go after Tesla production ]

so we should not want manufacturing here?

I didn't suggest everybody should buy a Tesla if they move to SC.

The Michelin tires on my wife's SUV wore out way too fast and they refused to do any compensation because I had only had the tires rotated twice in 17000 miles(tire warranties are a joke btw).
So should I hope that Michelin moves out of the state because I won't buy their tires anymore?(and I won't)

I get 60 to 70,000 on my Michelins***

May 12, 2020, 7:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The service tech told me that Michelin really screwed up

May 12, 2020, 7:34 AM

with the tire on our 2017 GMC Acadia. He said he recommended Michelin as a brand except for that tire(I forget the make..maybe a Defender). Anyway, switched to Goodyears.

I won't buy anything but Michelin's...

May 12, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to You had an issue with their customer service ]

but you are absolutely correct, tire warranties are a complete joke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

When I read or hear about the politics in California, and

May 12, 2020, 7:53 AM

also realize that they have to see The Wicked Witch of the West Pelosi on TV a whole bunch, it has got to be like living in a whole other country. One that I would want no part of. Beautiful ocean views (even if I could afford one) ain't worth mudslides, brush fires, and earthquakes, not even accounting for the imbecilic politics.

To hear Elon Musk talk...

May 12, 2020, 10:32 AM

Tesla is hemorrhaging money and is on the verge of bankruptcy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They had a historic day selling the model X

May 12, 2020, 5:43 PM

I think they should’ve released that one before the small car

The glass break on the release was embarrassing and they still sold like hot cakes

SC should welcome all the engineering and high-tech jobs

May 13, 2020, 10:49 AM

it can. It's the future. Rising tide lifts all boats. All the other typical hurdles (e.g. Coot Barney Fife politicians) can be sorted out down the line. We are competing with NC and GA in ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ... and we need to keep doing all we can to separate ourselves from the pack (including NCSU Engineering).

May 13, 2020, 5:31 PM

Would love to see Tesla here!

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic