Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 51

TNET: Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional

Nov 13, 2017, 3:09 PM

Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional

Florida State sophomore linebacker Emmett Rice was ejected on a clear targeting call after a cheap shot on Clemson cornerback Ryan Carter on Saturday. Rice not Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Tells Me A lot of Jimbo's Character...

Nov 13, 2017, 3:12 PM

Makes me wonder if he didn't send this bench warmer on a Kamikaze mission

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: That Tells Me A lot of Jimbo's Character...

Nov 13, 2017, 3:16 PM

If FSU as an institution and program have any integrity whatsoever, they gleefully let Jimbo walk if another program wants his sorry ####. Is he really that blind...that delusional...that out of touch? Does anyone think Dabo would, for even a split second, see it Jimbo's way, if the shoe was on the other foot? I've never given much thought to Jimbo the person, but this certainly changes my perception.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have to understand FSU and

Nov 13, 2017, 3:25 PM

the Tallahassee area, and the garbage dump that they are, have turned little jimmy into a god and he actually thinks the rest of the world believes his crap just like they do. You also have to pay attention to what and how he says things. He's a very smug little dung worm.

Nov 13, 2017, 4:08 PM [ in reply to Re: That Tells Me A lot of Jimbo's Character... ]

Their Heisman winning QB got away with rape while it was being recorded by Ron Darby and Chris Casher.

Then Darby and PJ Williams hit a little white kid in the middle of the night as he was coming home from work and they fled the scene...

I used to have respect for Jimbo because of his respect to our program but dude has ZERO conscious and humility. The devil will come to collect one day as per the agreement. Always happens.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Nov 13, 2017, 5:33 PM

Jimbo has no backbone. He has sold his soul to the devil.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What character?***

Nov 13, 2017, 5:27 PM [ in reply to That Tells Me A lot of Jimbo's Character... ]

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: What character?***

Nov 13, 2017, 9:35 PM

This is a story not worth entertaining. The whole FSU institution is a flippin joke

Re: TNET: Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional

Just like stealing crab legs; it wasn't intentional.

Or hitting wimmen. @!%CHES HAVE IT COMING***

Nov 13, 2017, 3:19 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

As expected.***

No surprise they 3-6!

Nov 13, 2017, 3:15 PM

I hope they keep Jimbo for a long time and in turn I hope he keeps his coaches. At least we will know where the ilk resides.

Re: No surprise they 3-6!

Nov 13, 2017, 3:21 PM

Low Rent

Should have multiple suspensions

Straigt from Bobby Bowden playbook. Once a thug always a thug

Re: No surprise they 3-6!

Nov 13, 2017, 5:47 PM

Jimbo must have watched the wrong play. What a shame . Character is not required when being recruited by the Criminoles.

Yea Rice...Night Night on your season thug.***

Nov 13, 2017, 3:19 PM

Re: TNET: Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional***

Nov 13, 2017, 3:22 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Nov 13, 2017, 3:25 PM

I said I kind of liked the guy last week. Well, I changed my opinion....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sinbo the Enabler

Nov 13, 2017, 3:34 PM

is a "win at all cost" type of coach.

Re: Sinbo the Enabler

Nov 13, 2017, 6:06 PM

He hasn't been winning much lately

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Demon Deacon problems? There's an app for that too, and it ain't buggy like that yellowjacket repellant:

Opinions are like buttholes...

Nov 13, 2017, 3:40 PM

Everybody has one but some are full of s**t

As if their program could aim any lower.

Nov 13, 2017, 3:47 PM

But okay...publish it. Let it be known what Jimbo teaches vs what Dabo teaches. If you want your son to have character, you know where he needs to go between these two programs.

null

Fisher please - he was crying at us for sacking his QB

Nov 13, 2017, 3:50 PM

Bang bang hits are unintentional. This play occurred off camera and the guy taunted after hitting him. Thank god the refs upstairs called for a review. This is exactly the type of play you can remove from football because he had nothing to do with the game. The league should make an example out of him. It makes the whole towelgate look so silly in comparison.

Re: Fisher please - he was crying at us for sacking his QB

Nov 13, 2017, 5:47 PM

There should have been an additional 15 yard dead ball penalty for taunting.

You're a fool Jimbo

Nov 13, 2017, 3:54 PM

You lost your player's respect when you let Winston do whatever and still play.

Re: You're a fool Jimbo

Nov 14, 2017, 12:56 PM

Now now. Don't call Wittle Jimbo a fool. You might hurt his feewings. Bwind, stupid, cowardwy, mowonic, idiotic, yes. But a fool????

Nov 13, 2017, 4:03 PM

This situation could be a huge recruiting tool. Character verses caricature...

I don't think the type of hit was intentional. The problem is his actions immediately after the hit and then on the sidelines. It is kind of hard to blame those on being unintentional.

Dude seriously?!?

Nov 13, 2017, 4:21 PM

Go back and look at the tape. Rice got a 3-4 yard head start with his head down the whole way and rhino charged into Carter's helmet. Everything about that entire sequence was BLATANTLY intentional. No room for debate on this one.

Are you sure you saw that clip???***

Nov 13, 2017, 5:18 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Jimbo Fisher thinks FSU's targeting ejection wasn't intentional ]

I'd like to know what replay he was looking at! Even the EAPN announcers said it was targeting! What a loser! I hope Dabo goes off on Jimbo and his sorry player like he did with NC State's coach!

Not surprising for a coach who let his qb get away with rape***

Nov 13, 2017, 4:18 PM

A university that let him get away with it . . .***

Nov 13, 2017, 5:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

The coach & the university that let him get away with it***

Nov 13, 2017, 11:00 PM

I don't think he intentionally wanted to get called for it.

Nov 13, 2017, 4:36 PM

just a guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, MALICE and intent just ain't the same . . .

Nov 13, 2017, 4:44 PM

The kid may or may not have intended purposely to be dirty, but one doesn't have to - If the act is committed, then it's targeting even if they intended no harm, and even if they didn't "intend" to commit a targeting. So there's that.

That said, whether the kid intended to be malicious or not - there's a sort of wanton desire to be overly violent that pervades the culture of the game and it's players (I'm talking about beyond the parameters of the normal physical nature of the game - which we all understand and accept). Even if Rice wasn't "trying" to be mean, he was pretty wildly wound up about nothing at all other than simply laying mammoth hit on someone, even while his team was getting waxed, and even though his block didn't accomplish anything of strategic significance. There's just a juvenile obsession with being a badaz$ that goes beyond the normal healthy sense of accomplishment of being tough and physical.

Re: Well, MALICE and intent just ain't the same . . .

Nov 13, 2017, 4:57 PM

For every reason you mentioned, Mr. Rice should be stripped of the privilege of playing football. Like forever. If he thinks what he did is part of the game, he should never be allowed to play it. Doesn't help that his entire sideline enabled his behavior. Maybe the lot of them should be shown the door too.

Nov 13, 2017, 10:26 PM

I agree. That is just being a thug. He intended to hurt Carter. It was not to throw a block. His antics bespeak his intent as well as the hit. There should at least be some type of suspension for a blatant hit with intent to injury. Seems like most targeting fouls are correct but it seems clear there was not a blatant intent to injure. Some do but I've never seen anyone act like he did..Dabo would have thrown him off the team....well on 2nd thought, Dabo would not have let him on the team to begin with

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Well, MALICE and intent just ain't the same . . . ]

But if these losers are shown the door FSPU might come up with better players. No. Let these losers continue so we can beat them for the next three years- at least.

PREMEDITATED

Nov 13, 2017, 4:44 PM

no other way to look at it.

Looks like he was aiming for the head the entire way to me***

Nov 13, 2017, 4:55 PM

Nov 13, 2017, 5:50 PM

If you want to break a young man's neck, that the proper way to do it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 5:58 PM

An intentional route to popularity with the team.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

cause meet root

Nov 13, 2017, 6:11 PM

What a Dbag

The guy was on the sideline celebrating and saying goodbye

to his teammates. HE knew it was targeting. Whether it was intentional or not (and we all know the answer), Jimbo at the very least should have pretended to be disgusted by his actions after the hit. Maybe with players like that, he's afraid to be critical.

This is fine. If anybody had any doubt who he is

and what they are, he just reminded us all.

Everybody knows it wasn't intentional

Nov 13, 2017, 6:16 PM

because if it was little Jimbo might have to discipline a player and we all know that can't happen at Florida State. What a lousy excuse for a coach. I'm so glad we have Dabo.

Nov 13, 2017, 6:17 PM

Well the ACC will.....oh never mind.

Nov 13, 2017, 6:24 PM

And Jamis was only borrowing those crab legs and having consentual relations with that girl he violated.

Jimbo has no shame when it comes to winning.

Loser.

Nov 13, 2017, 6:52 PM

I searched the web for “intentional targeting” and the first hit was the video of this FSU Criminole’s “block”!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2017, 6:52 PM

No place in college football for punks like Jimbo Fisher....he has no business coaching anybody.....he will overlook anything and sweep it under the rug to win at all cost......just look at famous jamies winston....and the funny thing about it he is not winning anything this year at 3 - 6......hope they fire that bonehead.....Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!!

Nov 13, 2017, 7:31 PM

fisher you and your whole program are a low class e flat trailer trucking scum bag of a program. All of you look like a dung pile covered with blue bottle fly maggots. I wish I could think of something else to call you!!!!

FSU has been a thug program for decades.

Nov 13, 2017, 7:33 PM

Honestly, they are barely better than Miami has been in that regard. It was that way under Bobby Bowden, and it has remained that way under Jimbo Fisher. Both Bobby and Jimbo seem like genuinely nice guys, and they probably are, but neither runs their program with class or excellence. I would be embarrassed if Clemson were 1/10th as poorly behaved as the Seminoles. Then again, I realize that we have been blessed to have a coach like Dabo who runs a tight ship. Even Tommy Bowden did a good job in that regard.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 13, 2017, 9:05 PM

Removes all benefit of doubt for me. Unbelievable

Possible Legal Liability???

Nov 13, 2017, 9:22 PM

The actions of Mr. Rice indicate that his actions indeed were intentional. With a "normal" play, the player would have turned toward the ball to see if the play was over, or would have exited the field ... NOT stood over the player clapping.

This player should be glad that Ryan got up, and hopefully he has no adverse reactions to that hit. The ACC and the NCAA had better get a handle on these types of plays or they may be liable. By not sanctioning players for obvious intentional hits, they are in fact condoning those plays. That could have consequences.

Players also need to understand that intentionally injuring players in this manner may also have legal consequences. Imagine if a player is paralyzed or worse yet, killed. That will impact people for the rest of their lives... not only the players, but the coaches that are high fiving the player and patting him on the back as he strolls off the field.

I hope people wake up before something this tragic happens. :(

I have to point out though, that not all of Florida State's players on the bench looked to be OK with Mr. Rice's actions... some of them looked downright offended by them ... let's not paint them all with the same brush.

Here's hoping for a speedy recovery for Ryan ... Go Tigers!

Re: Possible Legal Liability???

Nov 14, 2017, 8:44 AM

While you make some valid points, the NCAA and ACC have taken action, it's called targeting. Had it not been for the replay officials in the booth reporting the play to the field it would have not been called, because the on field guys missed it.

The real issue is the culture that is being promoted by fisher and his program. I won't go into all the past excuses he has made for the criminals in his program. Until the administration at f st. decides to clean the mess up, we will continue to see these kind of occurrences witnessed Saturday.

Re: Possible Legal Liability???

Nov 14, 2017, 10:39 AM

Point taken. The targeting rule IS there to penalize players for this type of hit. Perhaps the punishment needs to be more severe. Maybe 15 yards for unnecessary roughness, and another 15 for unsportsmanlike conduct as in this particular hit.

Also, in soccer when a player gets a red card and is sent out of a game, they have an additional 1 game suspension -- the plays are reviewed and additional games can be added. Perhaps that should be done here as well.

My point about the willful injury still is an issue. Perhaps the players need to be enlightened that their willful injury to a player has legal implications. I'm not sure players realize that.

After my soccer at Clemson, I coached select soccer teams for years and my greatest fear was for injury to the players. In some cases, these are 16, 17, 18 year old 'kids' in grown men's bodies, and their decision-making may not always be forward=thinking. When they get riled up, they don't always think in terms of consequences.

If a player gets hit the wrong way and dies, the offending player could be charged with manslaughter or even murder if it is proved to be intentional and extreme. No one wants that. :(

I'm not trying to be dramatic, but players need to understand that. It's not worth a jail sentence just trying to be a bad@$$.

Nov 13, 2017, 9:56 PM

Price should be suspended for the year, not for targeting but for his character exhibit after the target. The school and jumbo should be fined by the ACC. GO TIGERS

Nov 13, 2017, 10:22 PM

Jimbo Fisher is a short-sack of $h1t.

Screw him and FSU.

Go Tigers!!!

Jimbo made excuses for

Nov 14, 2017, 1:02 AM

a rapist. Is anyone really surprised by this?

They don't call him Dumbo for nothing. He's an idiot if...

Nov 14, 2017, 9:16 AM

he thinks that.

Nov 14, 2017, 10:47 AM

I sort of get Jimbo not wanting to literally say the hit was intentional. However, I sure wouldn't go as far as saying it wasn't, or defending the play. I think something along the lines of "I don't think he meant to hurt anyone, but the hit is certainly something we're trying to get out of football, and we'll coach him up on using a better form in the future. However, his behavior following the hit is something we 100% cannot have, and we'll be addressing that with him."

You have absolutely no business being a football coach...

Nov 14, 2017, 7:52 PM

If you think that was not intentional... It's one thing to accept a violent dirty play, but to ignore it... I hope our Tigers bring the pain next year! No respect for you at all Dumbo Fisher.

Apparently he thinks ###### women and stealing crab legs

Nov 14, 2017, 9:02 PM

ain't all that bad either.

Replies: 62
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic