Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Paul Johnson says Jackets are "fortunate ones" to get Deshaun Watson in return
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

New Story: Paul Johnson says Jackets are "fortunate ones" to get Deshaun Watson in return

Nov 13, 2014, 7:01 AM

Paul Johnson says Jackets are "fortunate ones" to get Deshaun Watson in return

Georgia Tech head coach Paul Johnson knows he will face one of the better defenses in the nation this Saturday when his Yellow Jackets face Clemson, but he said one of the real tests for his team in that game will be freshman quarterback Deshaun Watson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"By a quirk of the Schedule"

Nov 13, 2014, 7:06 AM

I think they should quirk it again to even out all the trips CU made to ATL in the early years causing the over all record to be skewed

Re: "By a quirk of the Schedule"

Nov 13, 2014, 7:15 AM

GT was a good team for 75 years or so , then the 70s and 80s happened , won the Natty in 1990 and have been lukewarm since.
They always play us tough though ...but Venables has the experience with 2 straight wins against them and our front 7 is just too deep and talented for Johnson to contend with.
I expect to win by 20.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 13, 2014, 8:13 AM

I like the way you think. I don't disagree, but it seems like we have had difficulty in Atlanta, though, but I doubt we do this year. Tigers score early and often, and send the Jackets to a minor bowl.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2014, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: "By a quirk of the Schedule" ]

My thoughts on GT are about the same. GT is a team I've always hated to see coming up on schedule no matter how good we've believed we were. Playing GT has always been that team that could knock us off our high horse in a good season for us. And it really didn't matter all that much where we played them even though that has been one sided in their favor for most years, or what kind of season they were having, they would bring their best game against us. Most Tiger fans don't won't to here it but, GT is a team that can truly say, they have owned us through out our history competing against them in FB. As a LONG time Tiger, I've witnessed more losses against the Nerds than any body we've played on a yearly schedule. This will most likely surprise the younger Tiger fans that don't have a clue but, Clemson has played GT 79 times, the record is in GT favor 50-27-2. And we have played 59 of the 79 in Georgia.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERSSSSSSSSSS and DESTROY the nerdy Beeeeeee's!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clemson%E2%80%93Georgia_Tech_football_rivalry

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. I'm with you 100% on that.***

Nov 13, 2014, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: "By a quirk of the Schedule" ]

"They do what they do"

Nov 13, 2014, 7:47 AM

Johnson's been drinking the Chad's orange koolaid. Go Tigers! Do what you do!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here

Nov 13, 2014, 8:00 AM

and I apologize for asking --- but I read the article twice and don't really get it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here

Nov 13, 2014, 8:02 AM

I think there was a lot of sarcasm in that line from PJ. That is how I read it.

But there wasn't anything funny about it to get the satire***

Nov 13, 2014, 8:06 AM

Re: But there wasn't anything funny about it to get the satire***

Nov 13, 2014, 8:09 AM

He talks just like SOS. He says how good we are and what a fine looking bunch , but they are both smirk-merchants that think they are going to look wonderful after a whipping of the opponent.
Spurrier and PJ can go jump into a lake ...but not Hartwell ...a lake in Canada or whatever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Nov 13, 2014, 8:58 AM

Spurrier is definitely a smirker who will deliver some backhanded compliments...but I think PJ is just a straight up glum guy haha. I don't think he had any secondary meaning in any of his quotes...he just wanted to go home the whole time he was in the press conference.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:10 AM

He means "fortunate" to get DW back in his first, potentially rusty game versus a game or two down the line after DW's return.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:29 AM

I think he was being sarcastic...he said they're "fortunate" to be the ones to welcome Watson back and then went on to compliment Watson

I think he meant they were NOT fortunate.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:12 AM [ in reply to Re: But there wasn't anything funny about it to get the satire*** ]

I took it to mean, why couldn't they have gotten to play us while Watson was out.

Re: I think he meant they were NOT fortunate.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:28 AM

Yea I think he was being sarcastic there for sure

Re: I think he meant they were NOT fortunate.

Nov 13, 2014, 10:11 AM [ in reply to I think he meant they were NOT fortunate. ]

That's the way I read it also. DW went to a lot of camps, and a lot of coaches knew he was going to be special and wished they were the ones getting him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 13, 2014, 8:13 AM [ in reply to The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here ]

Sarcasm. He is dreading what he knows they would have to do to beat us. It won't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just sounded like normal sarcasm to me.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:28 AM [ in reply to The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here ]

Kinda like "Oh lucky us, we get to be the ones to face Watson."

He's skeered of Stoudt and is happy to go against a frosh

Nov 13, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here ]

true freshman at that

Nov 13, 2014, 9:17 PM [ in reply to The "fortunate ones" comment. It's early in the morning here ]

Maybe he's saying he's fortunate to have seen Watson play in person due to him coming to his camps.

Re: New Story: Paul Johnson says Jackets are "fortunate ones" to get Deshaun Watson in return

Nov 13, 2014, 8:35 AM

He is "fortunate enough" that Robert smith will be out the first half of the game.

Re: New Story: Paul Johnson says Jackets are "fortunate ones" to get Deshaun Watson in return

Nov 13, 2014, 3:40 PM

Naw we'll be fine with T.J.

Nov 13, 2014, 9:27 AM

I think the meaning that he was trying to say in a off handed way was, "Dang, why couldn't Dabo give him one more week to make sure his hand was all the way healed. I think the D is going to have to " stand tall early and.shut down that offense. The DB's are going to have to cover the receivers as well as watch for the option. TJ Green is going to be busy early and be tested right off the get go. The sack gang needs to get in that backfield and disrupt their option hopes early. Offense needs to protect DW so he can be his usual self and throw down field for some big numbers and.lots scores! Predict Tigers win 34-13

Nov 13, 2014, 10:06 AM

If our receivers don't have that dropsy thing they have displayed in a few of our games. The score won't even be close!!! That is if Deshaun can stay healthy through out the game.

Another mange thread full of the '####. Of course he

Nov 13, 2014, 9:52 AM

was being sarcastic when he said "fortunate." Geez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I literally don't even

Nov 13, 2014, 10:03 AM

Sweet Jameis, people.

Nov 13, 2014, 11:43 AM

Sarcasm all the way...that's the PJ smarta$$ way!!!

Nov 13, 2014, 3:37 PM

Paul Johnson: ''we're fortunate'' in regards to playing againist DW..

YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU AND YOUR TEAM IS IN FOR SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!

KILL THE BEES!!!!!!!!!!!!

All coach speak. Johnson is working on 100 ways to beat us.

Nov 13, 2014, 11:24 PM

Hopefully unsuccessfully.

Nov 14, 2014, 2:56 AM

He should have said it is what it is cuz we are going to do what we do. The GT game always worries me. It doesn't matter how much better we look on paper, they make us look like a team that struggles on defense.

Then again GT is one of the reasons why we replaced a few defensive coaches in the past five years. Them and WVU.

If I had to pick a defense in the nation to go up against GT, it would be either Ours, Bama's or LSU's. We have a great defense. I just hope our offense can keep them off the field and rested. We dominated them last year and I feel like we might be playing better with Watson than we were last year.

My only concern is with Watson and our Defense came out flat last week against Wake. Watson didn't do so well against Louisville before he got hurt. Not sure how well he can play against press coverage. I would have liked to see him pull that game out against Louisville because that would have been good experience for him which I'm sure he would have. Unfortunately he got injured.

Clemson 40
Nerds 3

Obviously sarcasm. Can't believe

Nov 14, 2014, 2:43 PM

Some people are reading that literally.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic