Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Any of you gourmands have a good steelhead trout recipe?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 270

Any of you gourmands have a good steelhead trout recipe?

May 13, 2020, 4:21 PM

I was supposed to come home with salmon but these big pink fillets looked much better than the salmon they had.
Now I've got to make it taste at least as good as the salmon would have.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

They cook pretty much the same way salmon does.***

May 13, 2020, 4:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No! ;) *****

May 13, 2020, 4:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious how common the following knowledge is. Tell

May 13, 2020, 5:08 PM

me if'n you knew this. I thought steelhead was a kind of salmon, but they're different families of fish. But, here's what blew my tiny brain not that long ago: a steelhead is a rainbow trout, BUT, a rainbow trout doesn't become a steelhead until it migrates to the sea, and then returns to the freshwater river to spawn. DID YOU KNOW THIS?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had no clue

May 13, 2020, 6:23 PM

When I googled recipes I just typed in steelhead and got aboutb60-40 trout to salmon

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

steelhead Salmon recipe

May 14, 2020, 1:08 PM

1 cup of Honey
1/4 Soy
1/4 Teryaki
1/4 Lemon
1/4 Lime
2-3 tbsp. of butter

I'm not sure if you'd like this but I do. Mostly pot luck the recipe

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: steelhead Salmon recipe

May 14, 2020, 1:18 PM

You have to put all that #### on Salmon to eat it because it tastes so bad to start with.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Any of you gourmands have a good steelhead trout recipe?

May 14, 2020, 1:20 PM

Fish is meant to be S/P'ed and either pan fried or baked if you are scared of overcooking it in the pan. Lemon squeezed over top.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 270
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic