Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Wake's Clawson says Clemson "does everything well"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

TNET: Wake's Clawson says Clemson "does everything well"

Nov 15, 2019, 8:27 AM

Wake's Clawson says Clemson "does everything well"

Wake Forest is looking at Saturday’s game against No. 3 Clemson as an opportunity. The Demon Deacons lost last week at Virginia Tech, and with that loss went any chance Wake had at a division title. Instead, they head to Death Valley hoping to spoil Clemson’s long winning streak, unbeaten season and College Football Playoff hopes.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Wake's Clawson says Clemson "does everything well"

Nov 15, 2019, 8:44 AM

;)

Nov 15, 2019, 8:51 AM

You can hear the respect Coach Clawson has for your program in his interview.

He seems to be a great coach, just not quite there talent wise yet.

They can hope all they want.

Nov 15, 2019, 9:06 AM

We are in Championship mode. We will leave no doubt.

This one will get ugly quick, just like last week. No mercy for the Deacons.

Go Tigers!

Nov 15, 2019, 10:01 AM

Clawson is a class act and probably the second best HC in the ACC. He just does not have great talent at Wake and probably never will have. He does a great job with what he has.

I took two of my grandsons to the Wake game last year, and before the game, we went inside the sports shop/museum where it was cool. While we were in there, the Wake players walked past going from their bus to the locker room. I kept looking for the real studs to pass, but none did.

When you look at Clemson players, you know exactly what you are seeing, but Wake's players look nothing like our Tigers.

If Clawson ever lands where he can recruit good talent, I think he will compete for championships. I just hope it is in another conference and state.

Agree, Clawson is a great coach! Up until this year, I

Nov 15, 2019, 10:09 AM

would have said Dino was the 2nd best ACC coach but what has happened to the Cuse?? Did the QB make the coaching staff look that good? They did lose some other talent too so it has to be the recruits don't quite match up to what they replaced. Meanwhile Clawson works his magic year in and year out with as you said less talent! They will still be overwhelmed this Saturday! Go Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Agree, Clawson is a great coach! Up until this year, I

Nov 15, 2019, 10:55 AM

Evey winning HC says that the talent level makes them look good, and it makes their job much easier. So yes, talent makes a huge difference of how successful a HC is from year to year. But it doesn't have to mean that they are bad coaches, I think that it mean they will have to work harder and need more time to coach up the lesser talent to be very successful. When Dabo became our HC, we wasn't exactly loaded with the type talent that we have now. He had to hire coaches from top to bottom to turn 2 and 3 star players into solid 4 star players. By doing that and winning the tough games that we were losing before that kept the solid 4 and 5 star players away, we started winning, and winning attracts those solid 4 and 5 star players. Our coaches have brought in more 5 star players in the last 4 years than we have in the past 20 years!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your observation of the Wake players reminded me of

Nov 15, 2019, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Wake's Clawson says Clemson "does everything well" ]

one of the sports talking heads reporting from on field, during pregame warmups some years ago. He observed that comparing the Alabama players to their opponents, there was a significant difference in size between the two teams.

Although I don’t recall who they were playing that he was comparing the Tide to - but it was probably us. We have come a long way!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Your observation of the Wake players reminded me of

Nov 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

Our first year in playoffs one of the Alabama players was quoted as saying Clemson was the only team other than LSU that looked like us.

Nov 15, 2019, 10:25 AM

I know that every team that we play wants to more than anything be the one to knock us off our high horse, and out of the playoffs. That would be a big win for whatever school can accomplish defeat.

But with schools such as Wake this late in the season, and with Wake's destination already been determined as in they can't do anything at this time in the season to change there chance at a playoff game or advancing to any type of championship game, would it be in their best interest to beat us Saturday night if they could.

I ask that question bc, I wonder if a win over Clemson for Wake would be better for Wake more than the money they would get a share of if Clemson won the NCG. I'm not saying that Wake should throw the game, I'm asking what would benefit Wake more, the money that they would get if we won the NC, or the bragging rights if they beat us by some fluke reason, and everybody would feel that it would be a fluke win for Wake, just as everybody feels that the coot win over UGA was fluke win!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 11:28 AM

When winning a college football game is about the money I will quit watching!

Nov 15, 2019, 10:30 AM

Clawson is gracious and classy with his praise, unlike the "other" Dave.

This coach speak is getting a bit off the charts

Nov 15, 2019, 10:43 AM

or off the Scriptures I should say - comparing our team to Jesus (Mk 7:37). Really all kind of started with that old master, Vince Dooley at Georgia, as I recall.

He'd make Vandy and many others look like Goliath. It was hilarity how he did it.

But Clawson has topped them all here.

Nov 15, 2019, 12:56 PM

I admire and respect Clawson, and think he does a great job with the little talent he has to work with. The ONLY thing that confuses me about his coaching, is that delayed RPO thing they do. It seems to work against most teams, but it's somewhat akin to Paul Johnson's option plays that can't really beat the good teams. But it is what it is. Using that RPO attack is working, so he is doing all he can do with his guys. I commend him for that.

Bless their hearts....

Nov 15, 2019, 1:47 PM

Still, I do admire how competitive Wake is given that, if I’m not mistaken, they are the smallest Power 5 school in the country. Now, if we can just get Tiger Band to behave.....

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic