Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tired of ESPN controlling the narrative
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Tired of ESPN controlling the narrative

Dec 1, 2019, 2:12 PM

That's really what Dabo was referring to in his "rant" Saturday. Sure, there's the CFP Committee - but without ESPN making the committee "god," the Committee wouldn't be on as high a pedestal. Neither would football's biggest joke, the Heisman.

ESPN controls most of the subject matter on football. They broadcast most of the games plus almost all the bowls plus the Playoffs.

To this day, T. Lawrence is never mentioned without a reference to the early season INTs - even when praising a good performance. "Despite his picks in Sept, Lawrence has really turned it around. Yesterday, throwing for over 400 yds & 4 TDs." I dare anyone to show me an instance where the early negatives on TL are NOT mentioned along with any current positives.

College Football Final is the ESPN football highlight show each Sunday. Just a TV show, I know. At the end, it has a dumb little segment called "Helmet Stickers" awarding them to players/teams with special performances. Haven't seen a CU guy get ONE this year (could have missed it). Today, JK Dobbins (OHST) got one & so did LSU's Joe Burrow. What about Etienne? Well.....no.

On Burrow, here's how it went:

Galloway: It's been an argument, how many stickers can Joe Burrow get in 1 season?

Palmer: THREE! That's how you know he's the Heisman front-runner right now.

It's all silly & stupid & just TV - but laugh it off or don't - ESPN controls the narrative.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m tired of it too. They seem to have a monopoly

Dec 1, 2019, 2:15 PM

On setting the narrative. Fox and the others all kind of follow their lead

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can control the narrative but I don't think they can

Dec 1, 2019, 2:18 PM

control what happens between the lines... Their slights only fuel the fire. There are only 3 games left in the "Championship Phase"... Enjoy'em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They can control the narrative but I don't think they can

Dec 1, 2019, 2:40 PM

Dabo’s point exactly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well, I haven't seen ESPN post on T-Net...

Dec 1, 2019, 2:45 PM

Unless there's a poaster who works for them. Otherwise, ESPN is controlling the narrative at T-Net through poasters who are giving ESPN far too much credit.

Meanwhile...ol' 'Elephant Ears, Brute' is going after Caesar and his crumbling dynasty. :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tired of ESPN controlling the narrative

Dec 1, 2019, 4:16 PM

ABC/ESPN now owns all of the bowls with the exception of 2 bowls owned by CBS.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/963963-espn-owns-the-college-football-bowls-on-tv-a-look-at-who-is-calling-which-games

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic