Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
LSU Fans- My experience in NoLa
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

LSU Fans- My experience in NoLa

Jan 16, 2020, 1:50 AM

Overall pretty good and friendly. I even had one buy me a few beers during the 3rd quarter of the game and those were not cheap beers in the Superdome. Yeah, we got some "F Clemson" but for everyone of those there was another LSU fan apologizing for them. They are a bit nuts and crazy about their Tigers and my goodness they can consume alcohol.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are trash. Just like their city and state.***

Jan 16, 2020, 6:31 AM

^^^WHAT THIS PERSON SAID^^^***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:00 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a bit confused on what to think........

Jan 16, 2020, 7:48 AM

that was my first experience w/ LSU fans and based on first impression they were atrocious, however I've talked to a number (that didn't go to NOLA) but went to ATL in 2012 and they said they never had a problem w/ em before, during, or after. They also said they never heard or knew what their Neck song was until it was all over social media this year.

I was willing to chalk it up to a bunch of locals that decided to come in and party in NOLA, but couldn't afford or get a ticket, BUT 85+% of their fanbase INSIDE the stadium was singing the "STTDB" chant.

Clemson's met Bama 4 times in the playoffs and I've never run into anybody as bad as LSU. Bad fans are in every fanbase, but the bad fan ratio seemed a bit higher with LSU.

Re: I'm a bit confused on what to think........

Jan 16, 2020, 9:06 AM

Nothing new. They've always been low class/no class fan base.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Encountered them in Atlanta twice and Monday in NO. Same trash each time.***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to I'm a bit confused on what to think........ ]

Re: LSU Fans- My experience in NoLa

Jan 16, 2020, 9:16 AM

I was not able to go to the game so have no first hand knowledge. My nephew went with some friends. I asked him about the LSU fans. His experience mirrors the OP. He said there were the occasional jerks but were fewer than he experiences in Columbia and has experienced in Athens. He says the UGA fans are still the worst he's ever had to deal with. He said he avoided Bourbon St after the game because he felt that would be where the crazies would be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have always thought UGa was worst but these people make them look like saints.***

Jan 16, 2020, 9:44 AM

Jan 16, 2020, 9:40 AM

I was there, Thurs-Tues. I didn't really notice any LSU fans at all until Sunday or so, and the ones that I did interact with were all nice. After the game though, it all changed - BUT - those postgame interactions, I don't think those were actually LSU fans. The same beggars and thugs that stumble around Bourbon Street asking for money - all of a sudden, they were the biggest LSU fans and were stalking the streets looking to fight anyone in orange. The interaction at IHOP that I posted about - again, trashy waitresses that I'm sure had no affiliation with LSU.

For the most part, I'd guess 90-95% of the people actually wearing LSU gear were all hospitable. The ghetto bandwagon crackhead "fans" - they were all certifiable trash. But again, I doubt they even know where LSU is located.

Jan 16, 2020, 10:01 AM
IMG_3744.JPEG(205.2 K)
IMG_3745.JPEG(173.0 K)
IMG_4814.JPG(176.7 K)

We came away from New Orleans considering LSU fans to be trashier than the coots and we didn't think it was possible. You had a much different experience than we did. The STTDB chant ad nauseum on Bourbon and in the stadium, drunk fans were arrogant and randomly #### talking from Saturday onward. Dickheads running their mouths throughout the game. Walking back from the stadium we walked through p1$$ smelling streets and were told to get the f out of there. We walked #### near into a massive tailgate where they were shooting off cannons and fireworks so we stopped and called an uber. In the uber we rode past people shooting off fireworks that were blowing up on top of cars, there were fires in the street, trash everywhere. Those people are straight trash. I've never seen anything like it. Oh and here's a few pics of right out the door of our hotel the next morning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic