Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just gotta say this
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,127

I just gotta say this

Jul 20, 2016, 10:56 AM

(Not looking to get blasted here, so please don't roast me if you disagree) For some reason, it really bugs me when former players who have been dismissed from the team for disciplinary reasons still have Clemson in their bio and pictures of them in a Clemson uniform on their social media...in particular Twitter.

Like, really? You made the choice to do something stupid and get yourself kicked off this team. Quit still trying to identify with Clemson FB. We've cut ties with you. You're not on this team anymore. You're not a Clemson Tiger. You're at "such and such" community college now, or "whatever" State University. Identify with them, because THATS who you are now. Once upon a time, yes: we wanted you. We recruited you. Dabo and Co. thought you were Clemson material. You proved us wrong. You failed. You messed up. You do not bleed orange and purple anymore. In fact, you showed you never did. And so, IMHO, you don't have the right to still claim allegiance to, or to in any way identify with, our FB program and any successes we might achieve. You're not a part of any of that anymore. You will never be a part of that. Stop trying to re-live old glory days and act like you're still a part of the exciting things we have planned going forward. You're not. You blew that chance a long time ago.

Anyone else feel this way?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just gotta say this

Jul 20, 2016, 11:00 AM

Perhaps it's something that they feel proud about. Doesn't bother me unless it calls itself swag.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just gotta say this***

Jul 20, 2016, 11:00 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope doesn't bother me at all.***

Jul 20, 2016, 11:02 AM

They are still part of the family. It shows a lot of respect

Jul 20, 2016, 11:07 AM

to Dabo that guys he kicked off still respect him enough to embrace Clemson. They know they got a fair shake and messed up.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the letter he received from kenneth page is but one example.

Jul 20, 2016, 11:13 AM

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/11/sports/at-clemson-dabo-swinney-offers-lessons-on-football-and-life.html?_r=0

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no. dabo swinney says he loves them, in fact feels

Jul 20, 2016, 11:09 AM

it's a flaw or blemish on his & the staff's part as the coaches somehow failed the student-athlete.

it's also been one, if not the main, driver in dabo not running under-performers off as he has always maintained that his promise to their parents was 3+ years[whatever it takes to earn their degree], even though scholarships have/had a one-year renewal.

it's an apr driver too, which is a goal and an important one at that. sometimes things happen, i don't believe the staff has developed mulit-year relationships with these prospects without eyes wide open.

once a tiger, alway a tiger... it means something i'm sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's like my crazy sister. I love her. I dont

Jul 20, 2016, 11:46 AM

Brag on her much but she is still my sister and I love her and hope for the best for her. There was the guy who murdered someone who the papers said former Clemson player but even then any reasonable person knows that eventually someone is going to do something wrong and shouldn't reflect poorly on the institution. It's when there is a pattern or an environment such as Baylor, Tennessee, Miami, ole miss, etc that should be an embarrassment. Funny thing is those schools don't act embarassed and will defend to the end. Perhaps that's the culture?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just gotta say this

Jul 20, 2016, 11:16 AM

So who you talking about? Why not just come out and say it?

Yeah who do you have an issue with?***

Jul 20, 2016, 11:17 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic