Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the Shane Beamer hire equivalent to our Tommy West hire?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Is the Shane Beamer hire equivalent to our Tommy West hire?

Dec 7, 2020, 6:35 AM

Getting someone back that was on the staff of a popular coach? If so, the coots are in for another 2 decades of mediocrity at best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Thought The Same Thing***

Dec 7, 2020, 6:47 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They are in for what they have had for all but the OBC years

Dec 7, 2020, 6:49 AM

that is is message

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tommy's a good man

Dec 7, 2020, 6:54 AM

This seems more Hootie-ish, to me...which, naturally, fits with their program.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy's a good man

Dec 7, 2020, 8:04 AM

Really didnt like Hootie and that style of ball. West didnt have the experience but has more HC than Beamer or Dabo. SO you never know but I dont think Beamer will be that great.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy's a good man

Dec 7, 2020, 10:53 AM

Actually, I was playing on another Hootie theme...but...only Father G® caught it...or, Monday humor is absent! :) Selah!

Re: Is the Shane Beamer hire equivalent to our Tommy West hire?

Dec 7, 2020, 6:58 AM

If this hire doesn’t work out they could give Steve Spurrier Jr a try.

Dec 7, 2020, 8:49 AM

What's Skip Holtz up to?

They are in this prestigious group

Dec 7, 2020, 7:21 AM

Power 5 teams that have never been ranked No. 1 in AP poll: Arizona, Arizona State, Baylor, Duke, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Kentucky, Louisville, NC State, Oklahoma State, Oregon State, Rutgers, South Carolina, Stanford, Texas Tech, Utah, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest, Washington State, West Virginia

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They are in this prestigious group

Dec 7, 2020, 8:19 AM

24/65 have never been #1?

And they were #2 for only one week, right?

There's a lot of programs on that list that have a lot more historic success than the Gamecocks. So i think they're in the middle to lower tier of that group.

Dec 7, 2020, 7:24 AM

Tommy West !Man, I really need new glasses. I thought I read on here somewhere yesterday that he was the equivalent to that coach we hired about a decado ago; Some guy named Dabo Swinney(LOL)

I think it's a crap shoot. He could be TBowden, West,

Dec 7, 2020, 7:29 AM

Hatfield, or even Dabo. Just have to wait and see. Just remember how many CLEMSON folks did not like the Swinney hire. Beamer could do well. Just don't know yet!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it's a crap shoot. He could be TBowden, West,

Dec 7, 2020, 8:29 AM

LDude, you are WAAAY too rational and astute for this site, especially when I'm reading it first thing in the morning! :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is more like UT hiring Kiffin

Dec 7, 2020, 7:30 AM

But worse. This is a complete unknown. Never ran a program. Never even been an OC. He was AHC for a year. He's never been in charge of anything. Maybe he'll be good, but this is one of the weirdest hires in CFB history.

Re: This is more like UT hiring Kiffin

Dec 7, 2020, 8:20 AM

All true but he has grown up around it and seen a good bit at a young age. I would hav gone with an experienced HC but if you cant get one he may work out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 8:31 AM [ in reply to This is more like UT hiring Kiffin ]

I think this is an acknowledgement of the proverbial "can't get there from here", so they "took a step back in order to step forward. "

Like Dabo, yes.

The problem is that even if Beamer is successful, it will be because he has grown into the position. That takes time, patience and investment. He will make mistakes, like Dabo did. He will need to be humble enough to learn. He will be compared constantly, and getting crushed annually, by the competitor just up the road. And the Fighting Chickens will need to support him with money, enthusiasm and recruits for most of a decade before having any chance of a return on their investment.

It will be difficult for Beamer to become Dabo II. It will be impossible for Coot Nation to become Tiger Nation.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^***

Dec 7, 2020, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You don't see what they're doing?

Dec 7, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to This is more like UT hiring Kiffin ]

They're looking for their Dabo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Then shouldn’t they hire someone off the cheerleading squad?***

Dec 7, 2020, 10:48 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to This is more like UT hiring Kiffin ]

Resume doesn't matter. It's the coaches tree that really puts the ump in coaching

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic