Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I hope they don’t do mobile tickets.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,907

I hope they don’t do mobile tickets.

Jul 5, 2020, 9:55 AM

I am not in favor for mobile Tickets Permanent. I know the School would like
That because they would save money not sending out paper tickets, I hope
This is for one year. Because what going on with COVID 19 virus. There are
A lots of people’s feel the same way about mobile tickets for Football games.
Thanks, Tigergogo

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hunker down, they're coming

Jul 5, 2020, 10:26 AM

When we went to NO and got mobile tickets, I had to get a new "smart" phone because it wouldn't download the software to support the tickets coming from the National Championship. Tickets got to be a little more expensive that I thought!

They are coming. I really really really really dislike it

Jul 5, 2020, 10:58 AM

to say the least. Enjoy all the ticket stubs I have from things I have attended over the years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope they don’t do mobile tickets.

Jul 5, 2020, 11:21 AM

If I buy a ticket from an individual in the lot before the game, how do I know the seller hasn't sold the same ticket "link" several times already? I've heard it helps with counterfeiting, but I see it as making it easier.

its Already been decided***

Jul 5, 2020, 11:56 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hope they don’t do mobile tickets.

Jul 5, 2020, 8:05 PM

I also collect the ticket stubs, so I hope mobile is only for this year. I understand the reason for this season.

I didn't enjoy using the mobile tickets for the play-off games. I found myself worrying about my phone staying charged, losing connection, not being able to locate my ticket on the phone, dropping my phone, etc. I generally don't do that with the ticket stub. Then again, the younger generations are totally comfortable with their smart phones. I will probably get more comfortable over time and usage.

I had trouble getting access to my tickets twice for a playoff and national championship games and had to call for assistance. Your type of phone, iPhone vs android, and provider made a difference in my two situation, but I didn't have trouble for the other playoff/national championship games.

My biggest wonder is what happens when it is pouring down rain. You would have to protect your phone and mobile ticket verification definitely has to be under an overhang. Will it slow down entrance? I've left my phone in the car when it is raining heavily. Frankly, I don't mind being disconnected during the football game. Yet, having the smart phone resulted in some great pictures and videos from those playoff and national championship games.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what happens when it is pouring down rain

Jul 5, 2020, 8:12 PM

I'm not thrilled with mobile tickets but they have worked every time we have used them. I would like to set your mind at ease about one of your concerns. I have found an excellent phone protector that they can scan through in the rain. It comes in a box of 50 or 100 for maybe $3 or $4, with brand names such as Glad or ZipLoc. :)

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,907
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic