Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson DL getting an influx of size and talent in 2020
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson DL getting an influx of size and talent in 2020

Jan 17, 2020, 8:01 AM

Clemson DL getting an influx of size and talent in 2020

The Power Rangers were in New Orleans, cheering on their former teammates, and when the locker room doors opened in postgame the four of them charged in to give out hugs, pats on the back, and words of encouragement. Could Clemson's defensive line look more like what we saw in 2017 and 2018 next season? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More bullets for BV's gun.

Jan 17, 2020, 8:38 AM

Look out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: More bullets for BV's gun.

Jan 17, 2020, 9:32 AM

That a dangerous thing put into BV hands!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson DL getting an influx of size and talent in 2020

Jan 17, 2020, 8:55 AM

I wonder if there have been any thoughts of moving XT to linebacker? He's phenomenal, and has great speed. His height concerns me, expecially at the next level.
I know this year he was quiet, but he was probably getting doubled a ton with the 3 man front.

Either way, next year adds a lot of length which is great for knocking down balls at the line when passed. I think that was a major factor this year we we're missing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 17, 2020, 9:12 AM

XT is bigger than Yannick Ngakoue from Maryland who has done well at the next level at DE, and besides, I worry about Clemson not the NFL.

We are comparing true freshmen DL coming in to older DL in 2018. It might take at least a season to develop, but then again, it might not. These are really good freshmen coming in. At least we think they are really good. You never really know until they put on the pads.

Jan 17, 2020, 11:26 AM

I'll say it then: We have so much talent on the D-line that 3-man fronts will indeed disappear (for all practical purposes).

The D-line will carry our defense and make up for the lack of athleticism at LB and question marks in the secondary.

Bresee and Murphy will surprise folks. Both guys could end up starting during the season. XT and the other returning DEs will be pushed hard.

Seems to me we will be more than loaded at DT, but not

Jan 17, 2020, 11:33 AM

so much at DE. This could well lead to Bresee seeing the field at DE this coming year instead of DT. He and Murphy could be an instant improvement over what we were able to do this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems to me we will be more than loaded at DT, but not

Jan 17, 2020, 11:42 AM

If we become loaded at DT, it will allow our talented DEs to actually play their best position.

I'm not sure what happened to XT this season as he seemed very effective early but really fell off as the season went.

I think the player who will see the largest benefit from returning to a 4 man front will be KJ Henry.

He showed flashes of being really disruptive this season, even from a more interior position.

I really hope that our d-line can return to being a major force next season.

These things are hard to project considering that ...

Jan 17, 2020, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Seems to me we will be more than loaded at DT, but not ]

... considering that “what we had this year” included two former 5-star DE recruits both in their second year in the system.

Hoping the new guys are all instant impact types.

Time will tell.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems to me we will be more than loaded at DT, but not

Jan 17, 2020, 8:48 PM [ in reply to Seems to me we will be more than loaded at DT, but not ]

With Bresee, there is no "instead of". He will play both positions on a regular basis.

we should be able to be multiple next year

Jan 17, 2020, 1:27 PM

and that will leave oc's scratching heads

Jan 18, 2020, 11:19 AM

Great article David. Hope some will read and not just look at incorrect social media comments.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic