Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would anyone disagree that, at least for the past few years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 1

Would anyone disagree that, at least for the past few years

Oct 21, 2014, 1:45 PM

our regular season has been defined by two games, FSU and UCS? Would you agree that, if you want to win the ACC, beat FSU, period? Would you agree that, if you want national respect, beat your instate rival from the SEC?

Do you agree that no one cares about the games against Cuse, WF, or even GT? Those are games we should win, and we have... so why give them a second look.

Do you agree that our performance in the said, big games, has left a lot to be desired? Do you agree that we have had every chance imagineable to be a player on the national scene, at the end of the season?

Would you agree that we have not taken the steps to be in that position over the last 3-4 years?

If so...

why in the hell should be be ranked higher, or not fall as far, or whatever the hell else you want to contribute to a conspiracy?

i'm all ears

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Because Oklahoma lost to middle of the road teams

Oct 21, 2014, 1:47 PM

ECU lost to the coots, Ohio State lost at home to VTech. We lost to top 5 teams on the road. Look at the disparity between our FPI and our ranking.

did you try to switch from single to plural in your post

Oct 21, 2014, 1:49 PM

without anyone taking notice?

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Shhh

Oct 21, 2014, 1:53 PM

That was supposed to be a secret.

I don't think anyone else noticed, so you're good***

Oct 21, 2014, 1:56 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

OU started out higher though. We started 1-2. No matter

Oct 21, 2014, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Because Oklahoma lost to middle of the road teams ]

if we looked good at FSU, we werent moving up with losses. Since then, other teams have had bigger wins than us over NCST, Louisville, etc., causing them to jump us. Bottom line, pollsters give more respect to a team that beats a good team then loses to garbage than they do a team that loses to two top-10 teams and beats everyone else. Had we beat FSU then lost to BC we'd be getting more respect than we are now. I think its backwards but it is what it is. Win out, finish 10-2 and we wont have to worry about it late Novemeber. No 2-loss team is making it in anyway unless theyre SEC West.

Re: OU started out higher though. We started 1-2. No matter

Oct 21, 2014, 2:12 PM

I understand that logic but why was a 5-1 Louisville team not ranked at all?? with the best defense in the country? If we beat a 23rd ranked UofL team and 25th ranked BC team I think that helps, but the fact is other conferences beat up on each other and its normal...the ACC cant have decent teams that beat each other that's just not right, in other ppls minds FSU is the only good team...which is BS in my opinion...there is no way that UofL shouldn't have been ranked when we played them....it makes those wins look a little better I don't care what anyone says.

spin it how you want... but you can't blame our bed wetting

Oct 21, 2014, 2:13 PM

against FSU and SCU lately on BC and UofL not being ranked

no sir

Re: spin it how you want... but you can't blame our bed wetting

Oct 21, 2014, 2:29 PM

Not saying that at all...I am just saying those wins that we had to struggle in look better, you cant deny that...and instead of oh look how bad they look...it would be well look what all they are missing and playing without and still competing pretty high...I mean we just beat two top ten defenses although it was not pretty look what we are missing. If that happens to two teams in the top 25 (even if its like 24/25) that is more respectable... BC was a pretty good team and had the same record before we played them with a pretty good win over USC, more than we have donw..UofL was 5-1 with the best Def in the country that team should have been ranked. It changes perception I don't care how you look at it.

Neither K-State nor TCU are 'middle of the road.'***

Oct 21, 2014, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Because Oklahoma lost to middle of the road teams ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was about to say the same...both are Top 15!**

Oct 21, 2014, 7:40 PM

nm

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would anyone disagree that, at least for the past few years

Oct 21, 2014, 1:48 PM

TU! I agree completely!

No one cares about the games against Cuse, WF, or even GT...

Oct 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

unless we loose them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 21, 2014, 2:02 PM

Everything that you have said is true and has been true for multiple years now. Like a drunk falling off of the wagon, we seem to whiff when it matters the most. Our big wins against Auburn, OSU and LSU have kept us in the picture, but we must beat FSU and our little brother to the south if we want to be nation-wide. With that said, we must give props to those that have brought us from where we were to where we are now. It is time for the next step.

Do you agree that

Oct 21, 2014, 2:03 PM

You think pretty highly of yourself and your super l33t TNET posting status?

yes

Oct 21, 2014, 2:06 PM

hth

No, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no, because we seem to be

Oct 21, 2014, 2:06 PM

penalized in the rankings more than other teams for what is very arguably comparable losses.

null

Re: No, yes, no, no, no, yes, yes, no, because we seem to be

Oct 21, 2014, 2:07 PM

comparing teams

or comparing their one loss to our 2?

Comparing the impact of one loss of ours to one loss

Oct 21, 2014, 2:20 PM

of another team.

null

Re: What kind of coffee do you drink?

Oct 21, 2014, 2:07 PM

Tks

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 2:12 PM

Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Yes
Yes
Accurate fact based post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy every win while it last! Because things change

Oct 21, 2014, 2:16 PM

Just ask UF!! We could of hired Muschamp like a lot of Tigernet posters wanted and he could of driven our program in the ground.

If you don't care about and enjoy beating GaTech then you aren't a true Clemson fan!! It's a lot of fun going into Atlanta and beating that bunch of slide rule nerds. Wake Forest? I remember just a few years ago when everyone enjoyed and cared about beating Wake, when it took a last second field goal to get it done.

Enjoy the wins they aren't given nor should they be taken for granted. On one thought Hatfield could completely ruin Clemson football. Look how long it took to recover...

who said i didn't care?

Oct 21, 2014, 2:19 PM

luv beating the bees... but that ain't gonna turn national heads like people on here seem to think it should...

we get that chance twice a year, sometimes 3... and lately we're batting about .140

Re: who said i didn't care?

Oct 21, 2014, 2:23 PM

With your post I took it that way. If I'm wrong I'm sorry. I think we will still finish the year in the top 7 with a 11-2 record.

Re: Enjoy every win while it last! Because things change

Oct 21, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Enjoy every win while it last! Because things change ]

I think Hatfield had the assistance of the administration.

The problems at Florida go a lot deeper than Muschamp.***

Oct 21, 2014, 2:39 PM [ in reply to Enjoy every win while it last! Because things change ]

There's something in these hills.

I also think it's easier to drop a team off the radar if

Oct 21, 2014, 2:18 PM

they start 1-2, vs. losing one mid season or later on in the season. By then you've already shown consistency. If you start 1-2, you get the feeling there may be more losses to come.

All this may be wrong...just offering maybe a reason for the poll issue. I know statistically, the odds of getting into a playoff drop substantially when you start 1-2 vs. 3-0 therefore that may show in the polls and makes it hard to recover from.

I don't think there is a conspiracy, I do think there is

Oct 21, 2014, 2:25 PM

bias in the polls, I do think we are better than some of the teams in front of us, I do think we shoot ourselves in the foot in big games and I understand how that impacts perception and poll ranking and I understand that we only have ourselves to blame for that.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

These are straw man positions and stupid

Oct 21, 2014, 2:30 PM

(1) Our regular season has been defined by winning 10 games- not losing 2 games the last two years to two teams who last year finished 1 and 4. That was still good enough to get us into a BCS game but not good enough for you. Of course you want to win them all but good coaching has you win the games you should and maybe win some you should not. No one in the country was as good as FSU last year. I concede we pissed the bed against USC and managed to win the line of scrimmage but lose 6 turnovers.

(2) You don't care about GT, WF, or Cuse precisely because of our success. You take it for granted that we will beat these teams because Swinney has had so much success. We have had periods where we could not beat GT. George O Leary and Friedgen regularly spanked us. I have been to Wake more than once and come home sad.

(3) The Orange Bowl victory, beating LSU, beating Georgia last year in the featured opener are all big games. We have lost some too. That is the nature of big games. That is why they are big. This is not a video game. you don't win them all.

(4) Facilities upgrade - check, recruiting - check, increased national exposure - check, increased revenue - check, coaching stability - check. ### are you talking about?

I hate this internet fan #### and moan. How many championships does FSU have? 3 right. So those other 14 straight years of top 5 finishes are meaningless to you because they blew it in a big game. How about you, are you the best in the country at what you do? are you just not taking the steps?

Re: These are straw man positions and stupid

Oct 21, 2014, 2:37 PM

I, for one, don't give a crap whether Bowden could beat Wake or Maryland or not. Talk about a straw man.

Oct 21, 2014, 2:42 PM

And danny couldn't beat N.C. State and pissed the bed against Duke and GT in 1989 with the best team in the country. Is that a straw man?

How about steve spurrier losing to an unranked team every single year when the east has been wide open.

Or Alabama choking against Auburn and getting their behinds kicked in 2 of their most recent bowl games.

What about Oregon or Oklahoma State losing right on the edge of the national title game?

All chokers, all failing to take the next step - fire them all

And completely leave out the fact that Jim Grobe is a good

Oct 21, 2014, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Re: These are straw man positions and stupid ]

coach. Not to mention he had Chris Barclay at his disposal.

We got into the BCS in 2011 because we beat FSU and won the

Oct 21, 2014, 2:43 PM [ in reply to These are straw man positions and stupid ]

ACC and again in 2013 because FSU went to the national championship. Plain and simple. Our championships rely on beating FSU. Eventually any hope we have of making the playoffs will rely on beating USuC.

I'm glad that the fact USuC finished number 4 makes you feel better. Losing to them is unacceptable. Especially when we turn the ball over 5 times.

You "hate this internet fan #### and moan..." but you're ######## and moaning. Interesting.

Re: We got into the BCS in 2011 because we beat FSU and won the

Oct 21, 2014, 2:54 PM

Internet fan talk - we are not taking the steps necessary for championships

reality - in 120 years we have 1. They are hard to achieve. By every measurable standard, Clemson is better off now than it ever has been.

Internet fan talk - we fail to show in big games

reality - In the last 3 years we have beaten OSU, FSU, LSU, and Auburn and Georgia

Internet fan talk - the USC game matters most

reality - recruits don't care and the national media could care less about that game. Alabama lost 6 in a row to Auburn recently. Everyone wants to win that game but acting like the program hinges on it ignores the established facts.

you're an idiot***

Oct 21, 2014, 4:34 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

then i'll take the stupid for this juan

Oct 21, 2014, 2:44 PM [ in reply to These are straw man positions and stupid ]

(1) You, me, and everyone else knows the Atlantic division championship game, and likely ACCCG, is Clemson vs. FSU. We have wet the bed in the one game we needed, what, 4 of the last 5 years with the hightest paid staff in the country. We then cry about respect, and we get a top rated SEC team in UCS every year, and have lost 5 in a row.

(2) I care about all Clemson games, but you and i both know those games aren't gonna turn national heads. If you know that, then stop crying about bias, 10 win seasons, etc...

(3) The Orange Bowl is great, but it's also a consolation prize for not getting the job done the past few years. We're there b/c FSU played for the national title. We're 1-1 against UGA the last two years, so we get about the respect we deserve for that.

(4) Highest paid staff in cfb - 1-8 in our last 9 vs. FSU and SCU---- check

OMG YOU ARE SUCH A COOT***

Oct 21, 2014, 2:52 PM

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

Re: then i'll take the stupid for this juan

Oct 21, 2014, 3:30 PM [ in reply to then i'll take the stupid for this juan ]

You maybe the greatest fan ever but you have a very poor attitude!

Oct 21, 2014, 3:26 PM [ in reply to These are straw man positions and stupid ]

To your reply I say very well said ! Amen Amen and Amen! Go Tigers

I see you've discovered that pompous sarcasm

Oct 21, 2014, 2:56 PM

is the way to get points on T-Net.

Remember when you used to post the news at 5am and then we'd have an actual discussion. Those were the days.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

first of all... you think i'm trying to get, or care about

Oct 21, 2014, 3:01 PM

points? after 9 years... not so much

secondly, those days flew the window when all the morons were admitted and now all the discussion is how clemson is being jobbed and espn is in this big consipiracy and how we really aren't loosing games to FSU and SCU, it only seems like it

Re: first of all... you think i'm trying to get, or care about

Oct 21, 2014, 3:21 PM

Pointing out the juxtaposition between being happy with winning 10 games over lower-mid-tier ACC schools and getting upset at not being considered a national power is a lost cause. People don't want to hear it. It's the kind of reasoning that made me stop trying to talk football seriously around here a while ago. I see you're still fighting.

Are you insane?

Oct 21, 2014, 3:17 PM

No I do not agree with your premise. The season is not defined by 2 games no matter who they are against. The FSU game was big but it was not the only game of the year (any year)The USC game is huge every year and I wish That Clemson would win and I believe they will just like they have the vast majority of my 49 years on earth! Last season had a lot of big games Georgia was a huge game last year and this year. Beating Ohio State in the Orange Bowl was a big game and the year before beating LSU was huge. Each game is tuff and to say the coaches or the players or the program does not take the appropriate step to get to the next level is ludicrous. The only losses came to a conference champion oh who happened to be National Champion and USC finished ranked top 5 (I think I know top 10) the next step is national championship and those do not come to any program very often.
Some of you are never pleased never happy and can never congratulate your own team for a job well done you only bash and find fault.
I choose to enjoy each and every game and pull for the Tigers regardless of the final score. When Clemson wins its next championship I will enjoy that even more and I will know that each person from previous years teams helped get them there. I dare say many on this board will just say its about time and then find something to complain about.
Go Tigers!

i didn't say it was defined by two games... in the sense

Oct 21, 2014, 3:20 PM

that we can still have a successfull season

but if you don't think those two games define our season in the eyes of the nation, media, etc... then you're wrong.

if you accept that as fact... then you can't ##### and moan about not having any respect (not saying you are)...

just sayin'

Re: yes yes yes no yes no

Oct 21, 2014, 3:23 PM

I missed a conspiracy?

I want to believe...it takes a bit of good luck.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2014, 3:33 PM

Yes I disagree. Thanks for asking. All ears must be a difficult way to live. Best of luck.

all ears.... no brains.. end of story***

Oct 21, 2014, 3:48 PM

Re: all ears.... no brains.. end of story***

Oct 21, 2014, 3:49 PM

^^^Bewm. Your argument is now invalid york. How you gonna refute this?

amazing how that can work....

Oct 21, 2014, 3:51 PM

reply to a post full of facts with an elementary school, sarcastic remark

not that i mind the remark as much as i mind the blank post message reserves for facts to dispute me

Re: amazing how that can work....

Oct 21, 2014, 3:53 PM

How difficult it must be for you to live when NOTHING satisfies you. NOT EVEN A 10 WIN SEASON.

I don't know how you look at yerself in the mirror york. You must be a miserable, unhappy person to think this way.

#amidoinitright?

it's not the 10 win season that bothers me so much...

Oct 21, 2014, 3:56 PM

its the non-respect in the polls

Re: it's not the 10 win season that bothers me so much...

Oct 21, 2014, 4:07 PM

Juance we beat Syracuse by 13 this weekend that will really show the doubters.

We have equalled if not surpassed the sustained success

Oct 21, 2014, 7:14 PM

of Danny Ford's era, less a nat championship. And that is as good as anything Clemson has ever had. Could Danny win a nat championship now? I do not know that answer but worth thinking about. We've got it good. Period.

Replies: 52
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic