Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

Apr 10, 2016, 11:44 PM

Placekickers. You just don't see kickers with the bionic legs like Donald Igwebuike, David Treadwell and Chris Gardocki had in the 1980's. You would think that with the modern advances in strength training that it would be an easy fix for today's kickers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chandler Catanzaro says hi.***

Apr 10, 2016, 11:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

catman is waaaay underrated IMO***

Apr 10, 2016, 11:49 PM

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

Apr 10, 2016, 11:51 PM

I know Catman was terrible for us and if only we had a freshmen all american last year.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

Apr 11, 2016, 2:36 AM

You obviously never saw the aforementioned players kick at Clemson.

Catman may have been the best ever at CU. Treadwell was

Apr 11, 2016, 4:23 AM

terrific, but he did not have bionic leg power. 47 yards was about his tops. Gardocki, Obed,and Iggy were all great kickers, with Igwe being the least of the three, but the past two for us have been outstanding.

Apr 11, 2016, 7:15 AM [ in reply to Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years ]

You obviously never watched Catman break records.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 11, 2016, 7:18 AM

Yes, and I also watched him kickoff inside the five in the biggest game in Clemson history in the last 34 years.

Apr 11, 2016, 8:30 AM

He was in the National Championship vs Alabama? I don't think the Cardinals are going to like hearing that...

What the ###### are you talking about?***

Apr 11, 2016, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Apr 11, 2016, 9:33 AM [ in reply to Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years ]

TIL Catman came back and played for us in the National Championship game.

You are clueless and should just stop posting.

Apr 11, 2016, 10:08 AM

117 don't you have a cuckhold appointment with BB or some FGF trolling to do? Back off bud.

Now would be a good time to admit you've been

Apr 11, 2016, 10:24 AM

wrong throughout this thread and bow out gracefully

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Apr 11, 2016, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years ]

Quality retort. A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed though.

Apr 11, 2016, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years ]

you mean the guys that got to kick off a tee. those guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2016, 11:52 PM

Kicker

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Apr 11, 2016, 12:12 AM

Apr 11, 2016, 12:27 AM

The melting of the polar ice caps has caused a 1.23% shift in the Earth's axis toward Greenland making the gravitational exertion on the tectonic waveform to be reduced. This, by proxy, has diluted the ionic substream particles that liter the air making the gravitons double there 'weight.' This causes the ball to experience more drag as it is propelled through the air resulting in a shorter distance. This is a relatively new phenomenon that began in the late 80s. There's one possibility...

You do realize that those guys kicked off tees, right?

Apr 11, 2016, 3:08 AM

That was banned by the NCAA in 1989. No coincidence that everyone's legs got weaker ;)

Wider field goal posts and tees were used in 80's.***

Apr 11, 2016, 4:47 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 11, 2016, 6:53 AM

Huegal is money from 45 yards in. As much as I hate to say it, Spence has not lived up to expectations. Check the soccer team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, I was going to say internet fans.***

Apr 11, 2016, 8:09 AM

Apr 11, 2016, 8:12 AM

Relax. My son will be there in seven years and he will have a ton of leg strength.

probably only Gardocki had a noticeably stronger leg and

Apr 11, 2016, 8:14 AM

Treadwell was not as strong but very accurate. All of those guys also kicked off of tees back then

Apr 11, 2016, 8:41 AM

Do you not remember Chandler Catanzaro ? He was money and still is with the Arizona Cardinals.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha, someone is either too young or just doesn't

Apr 11, 2016, 9:15 AM

realize that all those guys kicked off of tees. It wasn't some national epidemic of placekickers getting noodle legs.
Do you also believe that if you win the coin toss a good strategy would be choosing to kick?

Re: Hahaha, someone is either too young or just doesn't

Apr 11, 2016, 12:34 PM

Bill Belichick chooses to kick every time they win a kick, and he's a pretty decent coach.

No he doesn't, he defers, or you don't know the rules***

Apr 11, 2016, 1:46 PM

Apr 11, 2016, 9:38 AM

Goalpost width has been decreased somewhat since those days plus kickers now kick off the ground.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic