»
Topic: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years
Replies: 28   Last Post: Apr 11, 2016 1:46 PM by: llamasnot
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 28  

There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

[1]
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 11:44 PM

Placekickers. You just don't see kickers with the bionic legs like Donald Igwebuike, David Treadwell and Chris Gardocki had in the 1980's. You would think that with the modern advances in strength training that it would be an easy fix for today's kickers.

Chandler Catanzaro says hi.***

[13]
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 11:45 PM

2019 white level member

catman is waaaay underrated IMO***

[1]
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 11:49 PM

2019 white level member

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

[5]
Posted: Apr 10, 2016 11:51 PM

I know Catman was terrible for us and if only we had a freshmen all american last year.

2019 student level member

Re: There's one football position that I've seen get worse at CU over the last 25 years

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 2:36 AM

You obviously never saw the aforementioned players kick at Clemson.

Catman may have been the best ever at CU. Treadwell was

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 4:23 AM

terrific, but he did not have bionic leg power. 47 yards was about his tops. Gardocki, Obed,and Iggy were all great kickers, with Igwe being the least of the three, but the past two for us have been outstanding.

2019 white level member

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 7:15 AM

You obviously never watched Catman break records.

2019 white level member

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 7:18 AM

Yes, and I also watched him kickoff inside the five in the biggest game in Clemson history in the last 34 years.

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:30 AM

He was in the National Championship vs Alabama? I don't think the Cardinals are going to like hearing that...

What the ###### are you talking about?***

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:39 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 9:33 AM

TIL Catman came back and played for us in the National Championship game.

You are clueless and should just stop posting.

2019 white level member

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 10:08 AM

117 don't you have a cuckhold appointment with BB or some FGF trolling to do? Back off bud.

Now would be a good time to admit you've been

[3]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 10:24 AM

wrong throughout this thread and bow out gracefully

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 10:33 AM

Quality retort. A simple "I was wrong" would have sufficed though.

2019 white level member

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 7:20 AM

you mean the guys that got to kick off a tee. those guys.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Apr 10, 2016 11:52 PM

Kicker

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 12:12 AM

[2]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 12:27 AM

The melting of the polar ice caps has caused a 1.23% shift in the Earth's axis toward Greenland making the gravitational exertion on the tectonic waveform to be reduced. This, by proxy, has diluted the ionic substream particles that liter the air making the gravitons double there 'weight.' This causes the ball to experience more drag as it is propelled through the air resulting in a shorter distance. This is a relatively new phenomenon that began in the late 80s. There's one possibility...

You do realize that those guys kicked off tees, right?

[5]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 3:08 AM

That was banned by the NCAA in 1989. No coincidence that everyone's legs got weaker ;)

Wider field goal posts and tees were used in 80's.***

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 4:47 AM

2019 orange level member

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 6:53 AM

Huegal is money from 45 yards in. As much as I hate to say it, Spence has not lived up to expectations. Check the soccer team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

Funny, I was going to say internet fans.***

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:09 AM

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:12 AM

Relax. My son will be there in seven years and he will have a ton of leg strength.

2019 white level member

probably only Gardocki had a noticeably stronger leg and

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:14 AM

Treadwell was not as strong but very accurate. All of those guys also kicked off of tees back then

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 8:41 AM

Do you not remember Chandler Catanzaro ? He was money and still is with the Arizona Cardinals.

Hahaha, someone is either too young or just doesn't

[1]
Posted: Apr 11, 2016 9:15 AM

realize that all those guys kicked off of tees. It wasn't some national epidemic of placekickers getting noodle legs.
Do you also believe that if you win the coin toss a good strategy would be choosing to kick?

Re: Hahaha, someone is either too young or just doesn't

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 12:34 PM

Bill Belichick chooses to kick every time they win a kick, and he's a pretty decent coach.

2019 student level member

No he doesn't, he defers, or you don't know the rules***

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 1:46 PM

Posted: Apr 11, 2016 9:38 AM

Goalpost width has been decreased somewhat since those days plus kickers now kick off the ground.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 28  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3782 people have read this post