Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: RB Rotation; QB Comparison; NFL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: RB Rotation; QB Comparison; NFL

Sep 6, 2018, 9:50 AM

RB Rotation; QB Comparison; NFL

Email Bag

In this format, we will publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

Just curious. I hear Deptula talk about Ettiene and now Dixon. He thinks these are going to be the go t

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: RB Rotation; QB Comparison; NFL

Sep 6, 2018, 10:07 AM

Wasn't Feaster a little banged up during fall camp? I thought I heard that he had a small surgery that may have limited his time during fall camp. If I'm correct the coaches are probably just trying to get him started and do not want to reinjure him.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2018, 10:16 AM

Had a meniscus procedure done over the summer. Think he was full go during fall camp though.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:30 AM

+1 for you sir!

Thank you for not going on about the QB's.

Sep 6, 2018, 10:32 AM

Not that I really disagreed with you, just got a bit much ;)

Sep 6, 2018, 10:35 AM

:)

Sep 7, 2018, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Plyler's Blog: RB Rotation; QB Comparison; NFL ]

Not the first week of camp. He was in a different color jersey to begin with.

Deer Mackey, William raises a legit question

Sep 6, 2018, 11:32 AM

(despite not knowing how to spell the name of the greatest QB in Clemson's history), which you brush off with this response:

"I think you pay attention to Clemson players. FSU might ask the same thing about players like Benjamin and Cook. Injuries happen. I think you pay attention to Clemson players."

So William names 7 players (leaving off a ton more like Mike Williams) and you respond with 2 FSU players? Be a journalist and do some research! Yes we pay attention to Clemson players but it seems like our Clemson players are always hurt in the NFL. It would be interesting to see if there are statistics proving or disproving that a higher percentage of Clemson players suffer injuries at the next level. And with the number of players we've been sending to the NFL under Dabo's watch providing a good sample size, if there is a higher percentage then it shouldn't be brushed off as pure coincidence and "it's football, injuries happen."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

It's a Question I've been asking lately myself

Sep 6, 2018, 11:40 AM

Sure would be nice to actually have some data to reply to this query.

Note: Regarding Shaq Lawson, I'm pretty sure he brought his injury with him from college. That shoulder was going to require surgery, it was just a question of timing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

To be fair, most of those Tigers were hurt before they got

Sep 6, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Deer Mackey, William raises a legit question ]

to the pros...Shaq, CJ, Sammy,and Mike were all injured when they showed up to camp,and Ray Ray was constantly dinged up, statistics show that Watson was looking at another ACL Deon was the only one who played 3 seasons and came out unscathed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, but why? Instead of "injuries happen, FSU has had

Sep 6, 2018, 12:44 PM

2 guys injured" why are our guys injured when they show up to camp? Going off memory, but wasn't there some controversy surrounding Sammy and his post-Clemson conditioning? It may actually be coincidence, Clemson players may get injured at the same rate as other schools, or there may be a trend that can be corrected. I have no idea, but the question was asked and a "blogger" who apparently only does mail sack Q/A blogs these days didn't even attempt to answer it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sammy was dinged up and missed games during his career,

Sep 6, 2018, 12:59 PM

as was Ray Ray...Mike hurt his back working out at pro day and Shaq had shoulder issues during the season and tweaked his knee in the first round...Without pointing fingers, we have had some bad diagnosis and a lack of proper treatment going back to ,at least, the Bowden days...But Mickey's not going to tell you that Bowers knee was handled poorly, as was Whitehurst, James Davis, and Willy Korn's shoulder issues...He's not going to mention Dexter's foot either...There is an ugly side to football,especially Big Time CFB where there is no player's union to advocate for them, but don't expect Mr. Homer to address it on his radio show or what passes for a blog...He's probably so deep in the kool-aid he doesn't even realize it is going on

Now we're getting somewhere, Mackey doesn't

Sep 6, 2018, 1:31 PM

need to tell us those things specifically, but instead of giving his bullshyatt non-answer how about taking a look at every pro Clemson has put into the league since Dabo took over in 2008 and tell us what percentage of those players were injured before the end of their first NFL season. Then he can pick 3 programs by which Clemson can benchmark against (off the top of my head I would say FSU, Bama and Ohio State might be appropriate) and tell us what percentage of their players were injured before the end of their first NFL season.

Yes, there is an ugly side to big time CFB, but are any of these schools worse than the competition?

But no, Mackey seems content with giving vague answers, doing zero research and repeating the same sentence a couple times.

There's a simple enough solution...He either needs to work

Sep 6, 2018, 1:38 PM

harder or get dumber readers/listeners...I wouldn't hold my breath on the former happening...He targets the Kool-aid crowd and hopes they follow his lead and simply believe whatever they are told, in spite of the evidence at hand

the real question is why is he doing a Failbag during the

Sep 6, 2018, 1:45 PM

season at all...Where is the recap where he relists all the pertinent stats? Where is the look ahead to TAMU? Biggest game of the Regular Season a in 2 days and he is punting out a 3 question Failbag...And one of the entries was a sentence?

I guess his mail sack was full? This was his second

Sep 6, 2018, 2:04 PM

mail sack release in 3 days.

well, to be fair, we don't really have much going on at the

Sep 6, 2018, 2:44 PM

moment...Oh wait

If Mickey threatened to jump off the bandwagon again, do

Sep 6, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to I guess his mail sack was full? This was his second ]

you think Dabo would beg him to stay?

No clue

Sep 6, 2018, 4:00 PM

I have no idea if those two ever have any interaction

Do you not remember when Mickey had a crisis of conscience

Sep 6, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to If Mickey threatened to jump off the bandwagon again, do ]

and stated he wasn't ALL In anymore and Dabo called him into his office and told Mick he was the Tip of the Spear? He wrote a blog about it, during the 2010 season I believe

I had forgotten about that!

Sep 7, 2018, 8:58 AM

But no, definitely wouldn't be the same reaction. Dabo probably isn't worried about the mail sack blog bringing him down.

Bill, anyone on our roster could have scored on

Sep 6, 2018, 12:46 PM

the two plays you mentioned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

... and WAY too much is being made of Dixon being caught ...

Sep 7, 2018, 1:04 PM

... neglecting to account for the fact that he had just broken off a long, tough run the play before and had to immediately get back to the line of scrimmage to receive the hand-off on a second straight play, where he found himself open.

Much of the time, a guy who just gained 16 yards on a play is taken out for a play to catch his breath.

Dixon actually ran about 100 yards total on two plays. He had a reason to run out of gas on the second run.

Dixon's top-end speed is of no concern to me at all.

Can they teach him to protect the QB? That's the main issue.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic