Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The perfect moment
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 505

The perfect moment

Sep 11, 2020, 9:11 AM

[?IMG]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

W may have done a lot I ultimately disagreed with, but

Sep 11, 2020, 9:14 AM

he was a good man I believe, and in those days he was a tremendous unifier. We can debate Iraq and all that followed in perpetuity, but I'm not sure any President could have done a better job in the immediate days after the attack than he did.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I miss him dearly, and that's not just the nostalgia talking***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:16 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. When the country needed a strong unifying leader

Sep 11, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to W may have done a lot I ultimately disagreed with, but ]

he absolutely stepped up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Agreed. I'll eventually forgive him for nuke-you-lur***

Sep 11, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to W may have done a lot I ultimately disagreed with, but ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

He was the last president to put the greater

Sep 11, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to W may have done a lot I ultimately disagreed with, but ]

Good ahead of his own self-interest.

Not saying Obama isn’t a good man, but he was misguided as president

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

There's a great 30 for 30 around that first pitch...

Sep 11, 2020, 9:24 AM

https://www.espn.com/watch/player/_/id/13618678

I had a roomate from Alabama that stuck this on

Sep 11, 2020, 9:25 AM

our apartment door in Calhoun Courts. The other two roomies were super to the left and I was appathetic/undecided. Made for some interesting discussions.

hotsawce - I'm almost certain you knew/know him. Big ol' boy, with the initials T.G?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

My brother, super lib, had the opposite sticker

Sep 11, 2020, 9:31 AM

later in Bush's tenure

F
The President

We weren't too proud of that one. At the time, I was for Bush (as a president, not a pubic hair choice) but Mom has always been left leaning and even she did not like that sticker.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

With those grungy birkenstocks, I figured you'd have been

Sep 11, 2020, 9:32 AM

a big Bush guy (as a pubic hair choice, not as a president).

I have standards

Sep 11, 2020, 9:34 AM

and those may or may not have changed over the years.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the point of standards is that they don't change.

Sep 11, 2020, 9:42 AM

Next thing you know, you'll be lopping off your peanus and telling everybody you're name Mother Venus. It's a slippery slope, my friend.

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose

Sep 11, 2020, 12:23 PM

again

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, our swerving started with GWB

Sep 11, 2020, 10:35 AM [ in reply to My brother, super lib, had the opposite sticker ]

Centrist pub. Made into Hitler's grandson in the media by the dems, which gave us Obama, far left relatively unknown dem plucked from the Senate. Then the GOP pegged Obama as MAO, and Hillary in the next election as Che. So we yanked the wheel hard right and ended up with Trump.

And here we are.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dubya's treatment...

Sep 11, 2020, 11:34 AM

is one reason for the disdain for the media. In 19 years we've moved from unifying around the flag to being divided. You have every right to disrespect the flag. But please don't be shocked or offended when people push back on you. That's their right as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly think the fairness doctrine was very useful

Sep 11, 2020, 12:01 PM

It kept the media in check. They've always leaned left, but at least they were forced to give two sides to every issue. In 1987 the doctrine was abandoned at the FCC. From that point forward, the media has been in a steady state of decline and polarization. When the internet happened, it just exacerbated the problem. And here we are today, with two distinct media camps, each beholden to opposing agendas, and they've cleaved America apart because of it. One side is no better than the other, precisely because there are sides. There shouldn't be. "Journalism" is now dead as it was once known anyway. As such, Americans have lost all respect for the media, the smart ones don't participate. Others just watch the flavor they agree with most, and it makes their perception of reality skewed.

When America's history is written and studied in 2100, this period in time will be interesting to read about, and not in a good way. And we will find that the decade of the 1980's was one of the most pivotal decades in American history, on the media front, the economic front, the political front, and MANY other areas. Despite excellent leadership, and one of the 19th centuries most popular Presidents, so much of what has turned sour today, so many problems, started in the 1980's. The end of the fairness doctrine will be among a large list from that decade.

History will record more change, and more important changes, occurred in the 1980's than even in the 1960's. Most of the changes from the 1960's were social changes, and most were "good" overall. America still "functioned" much the same as it had. The changes in the 1980's were more structural in nature, more functional, and more impact changes with out government, economy, and not to our benefit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The perfect moment

Sep 11, 2020, 10:25 AM

Didn't he play in college or something? Great throw. W was also good immediately following 9/11. Most of the country was with him. Once he started talking about invading Iraq he was as bad as it gets for me. He had his moments in office that were good. He is solid out of office. The Iraq War is unforgivable though.

That clip runs in perpetuity in the recovery...

Sep 11, 2020, 10:44 AM

part of the 9/11 memorial. None of my kids were old enough to have lived through 9/11 but that memorial had a profound effect on each and every one of them. They all felt at least a small measure of the horror of the day and the pride in watching Americans come together.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take W back in a heartbeat.

Sep 11, 2020, 1:02 PM

I'd also take his father, dead and in a casket, over what we have now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 505
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic