Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
There's a Simple Solution To Fix the CFP selections...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

There's a Simple Solution To Fix the CFP selections...

Dec 4, 2017, 4:08 PM

Just make the final 4 pick at the end of the regular season and before the conference championship games. This year, Auburn and Wisconsin got punished for playing an extra game. Alabama got rewarded for a bye week. If the conference championships don't matter, why wait until after the championships are played to make the selections? If you're in the top four in week 14, you don't have anything to gain by playing another game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because Miami may have gotten in over Clemson ;)***

Dec 4, 2017, 4:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no no - most years you'll have 2 SEC teams in the pre-champ

Dec 4, 2017, 4:12 PM

I think you would see more multiple conference playoffs then as the conference championship usually knocks the other guy out or allow the lower conference to get a quality win and jump a non conf champ. It didn't work out this year obviously.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But if they're being honest with the "4 best teams"

Dec 4, 2017, 4:24 PM

garbage, none of that should matter. I don't understand how Alabama magically become "better" than Auburn and Wisconsin when they literally played nobody?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no no - most years you'll have 2 SEC teams in the pre-champ

Dec 4, 2017, 4:24 PM [ in reply to no no - most years you'll have 2 SEC teams in the pre-champ ]

The simple answer is.... play good teams and beat them! If you opt to play the sisters of the poor and taxidermy tech you shouldn’t be allowed to play the real teams. There will always be a good team or two left out regardless of the system. Reward teams for winning big games. We were lucky to escape that miserable loss to a Syracuse team that shouldn’t be on the same field with Clemson! we were the last game they won!

Re: There's a Simple Solution To Fix the CFP selections...

Dec 4, 2017, 4:31 PM

I think they should make the top two bubble teams (ex: Alabama and Penn State) play a match during Championship weekend. It's BS that you can sit at home and watch championship weekend on TV and then make it into the playoffs.

You need 8 teams and one more game

Dec 4, 2017, 5:09 PM

Just my $.02. When you're forced to pick four teams, there's a potential to miss the best team. Alabama would have been passed over if not for other circumstances. If we were not playing, I'd pick Bama to win it.

With 8 teams, who cares about the bubble. You cover everyone. But in any given year, there are more than four teams that could win it usually. People fighting over the 8th team bibble are probably not going to be fighting over the winner, or a potential winner. With 4 teams, you could be.

This year we would have the following in an 8 team playoff:

1 Clemson 12-1
2 Oklahoma 12-1
3 Georgia 12-1
4 Alabama 11-1
5 Ohio State 11-2
6 Wisconsin 12-1
7 Auburn 10-3
8 USC 11-2

No questions with this list. Drop an El Cid or SC State and gain this one playoff game if need be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic